LegacyGT.com

Any New Rumors about Tuned by STI at SEMA?

jikhead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That SOA letter makes the show sound more like a ricer convention than anything :lol::(

I highly recommend it if you like walking past acres and acres of chrome wheels in sizes 22"+, they have an entire wing allocated to big-ballin' wheels!:rolleyes:

Guest heightsgtltd

Yeah they basically could give an F about the legacy. They are pushing the dog-ugly WRX. The irony is except for the STI which looks decent, they arent going to sell many WRX's.

They lost the opportunity with the legacy to expand market share and increase desirability. I'll probably be looking elsewhere for my next purchase.

Guest heightsgtltd
Very true.. They were all set up to aim right at the 3 series and the A4 two years ago... A combination of poor product planning, failure to listen to the consumer and an inability to advertise (I can't name one other car company who advetises as poorly as Subaru...) is not going to turbocharge their sales...

Not to mention, the LGT was very competitive circa 2004-2005 when it came out. Now almost 4 years later, 243hp, lack of bluetooth or premium stereo, etc. etc. etc. makes it more like bottom of the pack.

Subaru doesn't realize that you cant rest on laurels. Look at the new WRX, its slower than the outgoing version!

Not to mention, the LGT was very competitive circa 2004-2005 when it came out. Now almost 4 years later, 243hp, lack of bluetooth or premium stereo, etc. etc. etc. makes it more like bottom of the pack.

Noticing a pattern? The same thing happened when it first debuted. More standard features, more power and then the competition caught up. So then in 1997 it was popular again for a short while and then the competition caught up. And then no one really gave a hoot about the Legacy from 2000-2004 because it was just plain slow. So who knows, when we are all driving hydrogen cars in 2030, I bet that Subaru will finally bring over that diesel engine.

great... a bunch of riced WRXs... and no Legacy anything.

And a 22b to commemorate a real subaru coupe, which they don't even consider making anymore.

talk about adding insult to injury. Trotting a 22b out there just to rub it in enthusiast faces, and saying "too bad, no subaru coupe for you!"

I wonder what it would take to build a 2.5RS coupe with a 2008 WRX STi drivetrain, and 22b fender flairs, and the like... Or an SVX with a 3.? turbo H6, and a current day makeover.

I am feeling your pain guys! Move down under ís my suggestion.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/newspecbgrill001.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/newspecbgrill002.jpg

You know when I first joined this site I couldn't really understand why some of the members that have been on here a long time were so jaded towards SOA. It took me a few months to finally understand why. Any sort of hope for anything good coming to the US is now at a total loose. Even if you email customer relations about it (which I've done twice now) all you get is a form letter saying that they aren't planning to bring a LSTi model to the US, but they'll forward your email to someone else (that doesn't care).

Guest heightsgtltd

The crazy part is that they read the forums. I know we represent a subsample of "enthusiast" owners.

However, you can extrapolate us to lost sales that go to other companies that offer what we are all looking for. If we are asking for stuff, so are the people who end up buying Audi, BMW, Infiniti, etc. etc.

But all of you drive on the wrong side of the road. At least here we still drive on the RIGHT side of the road.

hahahaha being American I used to think that until I got out and traveled the world. Despite what Dubya thinks the USA is not the centre of the universe mate!

Okay, you've got a point. Most of the younger population in Japan does speak pretty good Engrish, but in Australia and NZ, English their *first* language, not their second.

man you still don't get it. unlike in america, many countries allow people to import legal JDM stuff!

This Space For Rent

why, does it matter?

despite what some think japanese is not the only language in Asia! ;)

hahaha yeh sorry should have said how are you at reading, writing and speaking japanese and their form of english.

ps. I travel to japan 6-12 times a year so I have some idea.

Archived