LegacyGT.com

Any New Rumors about Tuned by STI at SEMA?

jikhead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i took one semester japanese in college and got a B+ while everybody got an A... that said, i know the japanese culture better than most of my classmates. i grew up watching japanese anime's and TV programs, now i am kind of into jdm av... :lol:

This Space For Rent

i took one semester japanese in college and got a B+ while everybody got an A... that said, i know the japanese culture better than most of my classmates. i grew up watching japanese anime's and TV programs, now i am kind of into jdm av... :lol:

I had a torrid relationship with a young bird from Japan a few summers ago and learned heaps of japanese but none that I can really use in conversation. ;)

Why the performance vendors for Subarus WASTE their time at SEMA is beyond me. It is show-n-glow time, thats all. No go. Sure, there may be little bits here and there.....but, you want performace, check out the PRI show in Florida. Of course, its not open to the public, but thats why it is hardcore race parts vendors down there. In order to go you have to prove you are a business entity in the high performance world (business cards, tax forms, paystubs, etc)

THAT is where any sort of STI stuff should be unveiled.

I was perfectly happy spending just under invoice on my B (far far away from MSRP) and while I used to clamor for a LSTI, if they brought one over tomorrow, I'd look at it and say, "hey, thats a sharp looking vehicle" and get back into my car and take off.

I've already started down the path of making my own LSTI and am quite happy with it.

Who cares what SOA does at SEMA. I don't think that is the place for production vehicles to get shown anyway....thats why there are International Auto Shows.

If I wanted Be-dazzled wheels, LED this, LED that and glow sticks, I'd go to SEMA....which is why I have not and care not to go.

Bombard SOA with LSTI requests and leave SEMA to the pretty boys.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

The only thing truly cool at SEMA seemed to be the Bilstein display, and their new PSS10 adjustable suspension... and hopeful fitment to subarus, since Subarus use Bilstein as OE suspension in some applications.

other than that, bigtime MEH.

Not even any coverage of the 22B that was supposedly there....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived