LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as its quiet enough to stop getting flagged down by the police, I have to do it. How loud is your exhaust? Did you ever figure out the exhaust leak issue? Were you behind in traffic yesterday at 5 by park meadows?

Dont know if you are directing those questions to me, but if it is, ...

Don't know how loud mine is compared to yours/others. I put on stock mufflers with the Xo2 downpipe and mid and y-pipe. but sound weird, so I put the Xo2 mufflers on, and straightened the mufflers a little bit.

I dont think i have exhaust leak issues anymore. Maybe it was just the sound of the turbo?

I am not sure what area you are talking about. I got off onto countyline from I-25. went straight to go to the costco. then took yosemite. I think it was around 5... not to sure though.

here is youtube of my with xo2 turboback. dont know how much it will help to determine how loud it is.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=pOLTsrxw9PY]YouTube - XO2 turboback take-off and driveby[/ame]

(it'd help if i actually put the link in...)

How loud was it, was it perrin mid/y with stockers?

Outside the car it wasn't too loud. If you were next to the car and it revved you could tell it had aftermarket piping but it wasn't overly loud. I don't remember what mid/y pipes it was. It was on Jonny Bradtmueller (spelling?) wagon. Steve might remember what pipes they were though. I'm thinking sometime I might end up just going with the mid/y pipe option but we'll see. It won't be until next summer at least though as my money is going other places right now.

And it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it for lunch tomorrow. We are going to go look for a new cat tomorrow in Boulder.

Hey guys it's been awhile since I've been on the forum. I wish I could meet up with you guys tomorrow (it's been awhile since I've seen some of you -Steve and Adam) but I've been remodeling our main bathroom the last two weeks. The wife and I are expecting so needless to say she has me doing a ton of things around the house before the little one is due. :wub:

Oh yeah. I have stock cans with a AVO mid and y-pipe with a Cobb high-flow catted downpipe and Helix cattless uppipe. I really want to get the Prodrive cans but Jenny thinks it will be to loud. Oh well we'll see. :)

Hope you guys have fun tomorrow and I hope I can make the next meet.

Jonny

Hey guys it's been awhile since I've been on the forum. I wish I could meet up with you guys tomorrow (it's been awhile since I've seen some of you -Steve and Adam) but I've been remodeling our main bathroom the last two weeks. The wife and I are expecting so needless to say she has me doing a ton of things around the house before the little one is due. :wub:

It has been awhile...

Congrats on the little one!!

Oh yeah. I have stock cans with a AVO mid and y-pipe with a Cobb high-flow catted downpipe and Helix cattless uppipe. I really want to get the Prodrive cans but Jenny thinks it will be to loud. Oh well we'll see. :)

Hope you guys have fun tomorrow and I hope I can make the next meet.

Jonny

Who are you?

I bought an LGT, fell in love with it and had to sell it, and never knew you.... you have been gone for some time! :spin:

anyway.... I wish I could come to lunch tomorrow, but I hat a little trouble installing a lift on the 4Runner today. Needless to say, my driver side front is lifted 4 inches, and the rest is stock :lol: and my front drive shaft is hanging free as I was an idiot and tried to move the car with the front diff disconnected:nono:. Arrrggghhhh... Oh, and I'll be doing the timing belt on the wife's Lancer tomorrow too...... uhhh... trust me, I'd rather be eating carnitas!

Have fun, and I'll get there next time!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Who are you?

I bought an LGT, fell in love with it and had to sell it, and never knew you.... you have been gone for some time! :spin:

anyway.... I wish I could come to lunch tomorrow, but I hat a little trouble installing a lift on the 4Runner today. Needless to say, my driver side front is lifted 4 inches, and the rest is stock :lol: and my front drive shaft is hanging free as I was an idiot and tried to move the car with the front diff disconnected:nono:. Arrrggghhhh... Oh, and I'll be doing the timing belt on the wife's Lancer tomorrow too...... uhhh... trust me, I'd rather be eating carnitas!

Have fun, and I'll get there next time!

I'm rooting for you brett

^^ :lol: Thanks..... day #3 today and I had to take off work to finish. 23 year old bolts don't like to move.

So what's your take on this. I found a guy on craigslist, garage mechaninc. He said he'd do my wife's timing belt for $150. He comes over, monkeys around for 2 hours, and cant get the crank pulley loose, so he puts the few things he took off back together, replaces the serp belts, and leaves. He wanted me to pay him $90 for NOT getting the job done. I said no, offered $50, and he asked for $60, which I gave him to get rid of him. Did I go cheap, or was he being unreasonable?

^^ :lol: Thanks..... day #3 today and I had to take off work to finish. 23 year old bolts don't like to move.

So what's your take on this. I found a guy on craigslist, garage mechaninc. He said he'd do my wife's timing belt for $150. He comes over, monkeys around for 2 hours, and cant get the crank pulley loose, so he puts the few things he took off back together, replaces the serp belts, and leaves. He wanted me to pay him $90 for NOT getting the job done. I said no, offered $50, and he asked for $60, which I gave him to get rid of him. Did I go cheap, or was he being unreasonable?

I wouldn't have given him squat. He was paid to do a job, not by the hour and he didn't do said job...

here is youtube of my with xo2 turboback. dont know how much it will help to determine how loud it is.

Good thing those rocks didn't hit your camera when you drove back!

Did I go cheap, or was he being unreasonable?

Bskey, you're too much of a nice guy! Be a dick once in a while (not that paying him $0 would've been a dick move).

I would have not paid him anything. He took $50 from your house fund! ;)

Ahh shity I would but I'm helpn the fam out, sorry maybe next time. Bret I'm a slacker and keep forgetting to call you I will try to this week. My brothere is having a little Halo party on friday and I'm plannin to get down to P-town so hopefully I remeber to call u, hopefully you still have them?

Ahh shity I would but I'm helpn the fam out, sorry maybe next time. Bret I'm a slacker and keep forgetting to call you I will try to this week. My brothere is having a little Halo party on friday and I'm plannin to get down to P-town so hopefully I remeber to call u, hopefully you still have them?

No problem, I'll be around, and they are waiting patiently on my desk at home.

On GH3.... there are duels with real rockers? Sweet!

On the mechanic... yeah, he wont be asked to help out again. If he really wanted to build up a part time business, he would have finished our transaction a little differently. Whatever... it is only money.......house money! :spin::mad: