LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

I am From Houston, Tx. My girl and i will be driving up to ski and visit family. i will be there from 26th to the morning of the 1st.

I have JL Cleansweap and Source Selector w/ JL 300/4 and 500/1 black slash series amps pushing 1 JL 12w6v2, focal components front and coax rear. I am really happy with the setup. If i get enough time before the drive i plan on puttin the amps in the floor and a nice custom box, but we will see i have a lot to do before that point.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Han just installed a turboback xo2 exhaust...he's not too thriilled about it.

Why aren't you han? That's a good idea though- I should have some of you guys ride w/ me as well to make sure I'm not leaking at all.

For those of you who have done your brake fluid change, how many bottles did it take? Liteswap recommends 2 bottles (16.9oz, 500mL).

http://www.liteswap.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=gs610&Category_Code=brakefluid

Scott, if you arent sure if you are leaking.... none of us can really remedy that. I know a few guys who might be willing to plug it up though! :lol:

Get 2 bottles of brake fluid. It's always a good idea to have extra!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Shut off the music... listen.... you can usually hear/feel a leak. We'll check it out though. I can give it a listen sooner than this weekend if you want! i'll be at Traildust tonight at 6:30.

Why aren't you han? That's a good idea though- I should have some of you guys ride w/ me as well to make sure I'm not leaking at all.

Eh... I posted on the "ORG" a LONG LONG story if you want to go and read it.

I made a video of the exhaust revving, and in it, you can hear some rattling of the exhaust and heatshield. But I dont hear it while driving? or maybe that rattling is my engine... Kinda why i want to meet up with some peoples and listen to their exhausts.

Um. I try post video on youtube tomorrow night or something if you want to hear it...

I am From Houston, Tx. My girl and i will be driving up to ski and visit family. i will be there from 26th to the morning of the 1st.

I have JL Cleansweap and Source Selector w/ JL 300/4 and 500/1 black slash series amps pushing 1 JL 12w6v2, focal components front and coax rear. I am really happy with the setup. If i get enough time before the drive i plan on puttin the amps in the floor and a nice custom box, but we will see i have a lot to do before that point.

This weekend (at least at my end) is up in the air guys, I might have to work :(

Maybe next weekend, the 27th? so Buru can join us?

Eh... I posted on the "ORG" a LONG LONG story if you want to go and read it.

I made a video of the exhaust revving, and in it, you can hear some rattling of the exhaust and heatshield. But I dont hear it while driving? or maybe that rattling is my engine... Kinda why i want to meet up with some peoples and listen to their exhausts.

Um. I try post video on youtube tomorrow night or something if you want to hear it...

It might be DP hitting the firewall or the transmission mount. When I first installed my Megan DP it would make this burrrr-burrr-burrr noise when I left off the gas. I thought it was an exhaust leak but it was actually hitting the transmission mount. Eventually I got it situated so it's only doing that once in a while when I have the car in reverse. The whole turbo back exhaust has a lot of flexibility, you would be surprised by how much it could move.

We can reschedule...but I am not entirely sure about the 27th......but this opens me up for a wicked party on Saturday night out east (anyone want to go fiesta?!?!), and also will give me some breathing room on the shipping of necessary parts, and I might be able to get my exhaust in by then! Yeah, we can reschedule. Only thing is I have to be back next Saturday night for a Halloween party.....time to hit up goodwill for some Hammer pants!

We can reschedule...but I am not entirely sure about the 27th......but this opens me up for a wicked party on Saturday night out east (anyone want to go fiesta?!?!), and also will give me some breathing room on the shipping of necessary parts, and I might be able to get my exhaust in by then! Yeah, we can reschedule. Only thing is I have to be back next Saturday night for a Halloween party.....time to hit up goodwill for some Hammer pants!

Are you referring to "Can't touch this" M.C. hammer pants, aka geenie pants?:lol:

It might be DP hitting the firewall or the transmission mount. When I first installed my Megan DP it would make this burrrr-burrr-burrr noise when I left off the gas. I thought it was an exhaust leak but it was actually hitting the transmission mount. Eventually I got it situated so it's only doing that once in a while when I have the car in reverse. The whole turbo back exhaust has a lot of flexibility, you would be surprised by how much it could move.

I didn't re-use the donut gasket on my CBE...just bolted the flanges together. I worry about that a lot. Should I?

I didn't re-use the donut gasket on my CBE...just bolted the flanges together. I worry about that a lot. Should I?

What dp and cbe are you running? When I put my cobb 2.5" tapered dp to my 3" Perrin CBE what would be the best way to seal the connection?

I got the Megan CBE with the DP for that reason. The flange on the stock mid-pipe just doesn't look like it has enough surface area to seal properly to me. There is actually an adapter you can buy. I found a thread about it on the FXT website. They have the same problem that we do. But the little thing was almost $100 so I didn't think that would be money well spend. Anyway, if you really that worry about it just jack the car up spray some soapy water on the flange and turn the car on. Wiggle the the whole exhaust system with your hand and see if there are bubbles.

I'm out too, gotta meet Boulderguy to pickup the Megan OB coilovers. Let's reschedule for another weekend.

Ted, do you still have the stock top hats from your classified post? I'm looking for a set for the Megan coilovers.