LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is that BBQ trailer right off I-25 but it's really a take out place. There is only a couple of tables. There is a new wing place, it's also off I-25 on Founders. It's in the same shopping center as the movie theater. I haven't been in there yet but I have been wanting to try it. There are lots of parking and it's pretty easy to get it so it might be worth a try.

What about the church...or castle... or whatever off Wolfsenburger. I have heard a lot of good things about that place.

Are you talking about the stone church place? We been there once and food is pretty good but it's kindda of a fancy place...

Yeah, that's it. I haven't been before, but I have always heard good things. Though fancy is not what I had in mond. Isn't there a great Mexican place right around there?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Here is where the bank is at. 11 is fine with me.

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=12006441291924893184,39.364762,-104.862614&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=&daddr=39.364663,-104.862785&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&sll=39.362506,-104.860983&sspn=0.019775,0.019269&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1]Unknown road - Google Maps[/ame]

You like the Bistec a La Mexicana? Steak, Onions, peppers, and thinly sliced potatoes sometimes with a little green chile. That is a good plate.

I miss my Moms cooking. Very different from the "Tex-Mex" that is prevalent around here. There is a place in up in Englewood that is pretty good. Try it sometime (Los Dos Potrillos).

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&ie=UTF-8&q=El+Meson&near=Castle+Rock,+CO&fb=1&cid=39363661,-104861497,3747015338190200733&li=lmd&z=14&t=m]El Meson[/ame]

794 S Perry St

Castle Rock, CO 80104

(720) 733-9705

You like the Bistec a La Mexicana? Steak, Onions, peppers, and thinly sliced potatoes sometimes with a little green chile. That is a good plate.

I miss my Moms cooking. Very different from the "Tex-Mex" that is prevalent around here. There is a place in up in Englewood that is pretty good. Try it sometime (Los Dos Potrillos).

El Meson

794 S Perry St

Castle Rock, CO 80104

(720) 733-9705

Nothing beats mom's home cooking. :) I will have to try these places that you mentioned.

IIRC El Parral calls what you described Steak Mexicana. I don't think their version has sliced potatoes though. I think they have a version that comes with quacamole and the other that comes with green chile. Their carne esata is pretty good too.

Put me down for Sunday too.

Los Dos Potrillos is an awesome mexican restaurant. I've taken a couple friends there after they moved down here from Boulder a couple months ago. It is now both of their favorite mexican restaurants. If anyone likes carnitas, you have to try it out of the weekend (Fri-Sun) as that's the only time they serve them. They are probably the best I've had. Everything else I've had there is awesome too.

I will be there.

TommyPenguin if you show, I am thinking of putting on my stock cans and you can see how different the sound is.

I will try and make it but I can't make any promises. With the rockies and the new guitar hero game coming out at midnight, I'm a big nerd for that game. I will probably be up till 3am playing it, getting faded, not sure if I will be awake for the meet but if I am and not hungover, count me in. ;)

Steve, if you end up putting on the stock muffs, let me know I do want to hear it and if I can't make the meet I'll just meet up with you locally.