LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to get my brakes fluid flushed and would like to get my lines replaced. Then I can put on my new rotors and pads. :cool:

:lol:

i need to do mine still. i picked up stands, but am still nervous about doing my fluids with one of those fancy pumps i like the old fashioned yell out your window method, and it's the only way i've seen done. - was just gonna drop my car off (super rupair) to get it done, but i was just gonna ask some of you natives if you'd be willing to help as i'd take you out for a beer and a nice dinner afterwards. :rolleyes: besides it's more fun to DIY.

(where's one of you guys that had to help with my coolant install to slap me around for thinking about attempting to do this myself?!)

on that note, MW, if you're doing maintenance to your car around your area, i'd like to lend a hand in exchange for "watch and learn" lessons.:lol:

brian

hey you boulder folks, i'm doing dinner with a few friends tomorrow night at Hapa, you're more than welcome to join in. stuff your face and never get full!

should be there around 8, and then will hang out there until 11ish then hit up the bars in town for a few.

brian

:lol:

..., but am still nervous about doing my fluids with one of those fancy pumps. i like the old fashioned yell out your window method, and it's the only way i've seen done. ...........

I use that method to bleed and flush the brake fluid because I personally do not trust those air/vacuum air bleeder pump devices. I seen other techs use those and they bring back the car and re-do it since the brakes feel mushy, and then re-do again using the device, and still have mushy brakes, and finally they gave up and used the 'shout pump 'em up!... Okay!!' method and everything is fine.

I use that method to bleed and flush the brake fluid because I personally do not trust those air/vacuum air bleeder pump devices. I seen other techs use those and they bring back the car and re-do it since the brakes feel mushy, and then re-do again using the device, and still have mushy brakes, and finally they gave up and used the 'shout pump 'em up!... Okay!!' method and everything is fine.

yea exactly... but i don't wanna be a pain during install days as i require a teacher looking over my shoulder talking me thru the process, but we'll see what needs to be done and maybe i'll convince one of you guys to help after we do your car. :redface:

brian

hey you boulder folks, i'm doing dinner with a few friends tomorrow night at Hapa, you're more than welcome to join in. stuff your face and never get full!

should be there around 8, and then will hang out there until 11ish then hit up the bars in town for a few.

I'd be down, but heading to wolf creek mountain tomorrow, too much snow not enough time, the weekend after that I have B-day march madness , myself and a few friends all have our bdays on the same week, I'll PM you if your down and anyone else. have fun on the installs.

All right guys, who is up for a Turbo install day? I am looking at doing it the weekend of March 15th...

i can lend a hand, granted it's fairly useless as a hand. but i got 2 if you need 'em. i would'nt mind going to watch. and i can help do scotty's brakes, and then i'll be able to do it myself later in the week! I can handle doing the lines, but would like to see the pad's/bleeding process again...

oh and cbroo, let me know when you guys are going out! i'll def meet up for a beer or two, besides it's your b-day so i gotta buy you a shot!

brian

I need to install UP & DP.. I'm not familiar with the install meeting... The bottom line is that I need to install them... But I don't have the hand to do it.... Can I come and somebody help me install? no, literally, can sb install UP/DP for me?

How does it work?

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

^^^No problem.

For right now, I am planning on starting my car early on Saturday, and Scotty will be the other car at the beginning because he has had some things not get done for MONTHS now at the install meets. If we have a good number of folks to help, his should be off by noon or earlier and we can rotate Steve on next. I don't know how long mine will take or what will go wrong, so for now, it is scheduled for both days. Hopefully that won't be the case and we can do more on Sunday. We can probably get 2 lifts and 1 flat bay too...

Ted

:spin:

I will say this after last time's experience, this should really be a meet dedicated to Ted's turbo install. There isn't going to be enough time to dp's, up's, headers, lines, brakes, etc for several people. I think the turbo itself will be a minimum of an all day project with 3-4 hands on deck. If there is time to do anything else, Scotty and Brian should have priority since there wasn't enough time to do their installs last time. I bet at best we could get 5 people to show for 2 days in a row, with that in mind, if everyone has their own agenda, not much will get done....

Thanks guys ;)

I am not too worried about it. That is why am planning on a 2-day meet this time. If there are more than just Scotty and I their Satruday morning, then we can split up to work on cars. 4 people working on a turbo/uppipe/dp is a little much, so if we have 6 or more, we can easily do more than one at once. Moreover, if mine takes all Sat and is not finished, I will leave it there over night :D

SOOOOO, we can do more than one car at once...

For now, let's assume worst case scenario that mine takes 2 days and we only have a lift and a flat bay...

Here is the order I would put the cars in based on what I know so far...

[color="red"][b]Saturday[/b][/color]
  [b]Bay 1 (Lift)        Bay 2[/b]
1. praedet (turbo)     scottybuckeye (brakes and coolant)
2. cont                enthusiast (brakes transmission mount)
3. cont                bsdzine (brakes)
[b][color="Red"]
Sunday[/color][/b]
[b]  Bay 1 (Lift)        Bay 2[/b]
1. praedet (turbo)     2furious (up/dp)
2. cont                mwiener2 (exhaust)
3. cont                

Does this work for everyone? If we get there early, we can get 2 lifts and a flat bay. If we have enough folks to help, things can proceed VERY quickly.

Anyone else need to do stuff? Can we get peeps to help on both days?

:spin:

EDIT: I think i can make both days. I would like to come on sunday and watch as well, and really, if worse comes to worse, we don't need to get my brakes done, I can always just meet up with brett and do it with him some other day. (then go deer hunting in the toyota of course)

In the long run, I want to see (the end of) the turbo install, help out where needed, and provide some humor when things get stressful :) (and get dirty!)

so someone can take my #3 spot on saturday. and if we get time on sunday after everything, 3-4 people on brakes/lines/pads should take at most an hour!

let me know if that's cool! we can all grab a bite to eat or something afterwards.:cool:

brian

hey Ted, I'm getting a new windshield on saturday morning sometime between 8-noon, so I don't think I will be able to make it.

The meet is for the weekend of the 15th? Not this weekend right?

<-- i'm with stupid, i guess i should have realized that misleading time constraint. sorry art! life is hectic at the moment and i'm losing my mind.

ps: i can make both days, i think. just get the windshield sometime during the day if i can get a ride to work. perhaps i can find someone who can do it during the week...at night.

pps: yea bskey, i would say small animal hunting, but your lift would literally go over them without any fun damage. :)

brian

You can have the windshield guy come to your work. He can give you a call when he gets there and you can just meet him at the parking lot. I think they like to do the replacement under some shade so just make sure there are some trees or building nearby and you should be ok.