LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys I will be out at least on saturday and maybe sunday too. That weekend will be the only weekend I have time to build my box and install my rear speakers for the next 3 weekends, going to do it with my bro up at his place. Good luck with the install guys.

So I think my clutch is going, I get a weird shimmy feeling starting off in 1st gear and a little more shimmy in 2nd (but not as bad as 1st) anyone know how to swap out a clutch. If not maybe a diagnosies. I'm probably gonna get a shop to do it. But I figure the shaking/shimmy is the flywheel slipping. I posted a HELP thread in the N/A powertrains forum. THANKS guys.

Man, I hate clutches. I dont know a lot about it. With enough time and the right replacement parts I'm sure we could get it done. Let me know if you want to tackle it.

I bought a nice commuter car :) '87 CRX Si. Needs a head gasket but it runs great and needs little else!

Oh, and it gets 40mpg!! In you face Big Oil!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Nice, always like the CRX's, especially the later ones. Honda is going to make a new CRX that's a hybrid. The concept is call CR-Z, pretty cool car, might be a good little commuter.

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/10/honda-cr-z.jpg

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/10/honda-cr-z-2.jpg

This little FWD CRX handles nearly as well as my fully built LGT (coilovers and F&R sways). Obviously less power and no AWD makes a difference, but this thing weighs less than 2k lbs so the FWD pulls the short footprint around very well. No power steering makes an interesting difference.

I will shoot everyone who is on that list a pm w/ details...

For now I have

1. praedet (Saturday and Sunday)

2. scottybuckeye (Saturday and Sunday??)

3. bskey (Saturday and Sunday)

4. bsdzine (Saturday and Sunday)

5. enthusiast (Saturday and Sunday??)

6. brady (Sunday)

7. mwiener2 (Sunday)

8. 2furious (Saturday??? and Sunday)

9. marcusdubya77

:spin:

Can I assume this is an all day event? Or for the people going both days this weekend, an all weekend event? Would love to join but need to get permission from the misses. Also, what if I don't have much experience with working on cars? I'm the guy usually paying a shop for my work done.

Rick

Can I assume this is an all day event? Or for the people going both days this weekend, an all weekend event? Would love to join but need to get permission from the misses. Also, what if I don't have much experience with working on cars? I'm the guy usually paying a shop for my work done.

Rick

All day, both days...

Come as much, or as little, as you want. And experience is not necessary ;)

:spin:

I will try on Sat, too. It will be afternoon though.. I will take care of kids...

I want to be there on Sat to how everything goes before I do my install on Sun.

And of course give my hands if somebody needs.

Thanks.

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

So... the $h!t hit the fan a little and I may not be able to come... however I may be able to get a ride down Sun morning, so if Scotty can drive me back up on Sunday night, then I should be able to make it at least on Sunday.

It sucks having not one, but 2 P.O.S. cars!

Thanks Han...I just have to pull the rear diff on Saturday, drive it up to Windsor, have the Doc fix her, and then bring her back and reinstall her. Windsor is 1.5 hrs away so it will be an all day ordeal.... I just wish the guy would have done it right the first time! So tomorrow the 4Runner goes up on stands and I'll get her diff ready for the road trip. The CRX is just running hot and not ready for a road trip. I think I may need to do the head gasket.....

Always fun, but I'll be happy to help out on Sunday if I can get a ride home from the springs.

Thanks Han...I just have to pull the rear diff on Saturday, drive it up to Windsor, have the Doc fix her, and then bring her back and reinstall her. Windsor is 1.5 hrs away so it will be an all day ordeal.... I just wish the guy would have done it right the first time! So tomorrow the 4Runner goes up on stands and I'll get her diff ready for the road trip. The CRX is just running hot and not ready for a road trip. I think I may need to do the head gasket.....

Always fun, but I'll be happy to help out on Sunday if I can get a ride home from the springs.

I can give you a ride to Parker on Sunday, if I still have a ride then.;)

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!