LegacyGT.com

The Vendor Review Thread

Have you had a good/bad experience with a Vendor?

Post it up here!!!

I'll go first.

TDC: I love them, all of them, with all my heart. They have saved my ass more times than I can remember. Their prices are highly competetive and their service is second to none. THANK YOU TDC!!!

King of Parts: VERY quick with responses and their prices are hard to beat!!!

RaceCompengineering: VERY quick with their responses and very competetive prices!!!

PGT: You can't beat his customer service skills and his gargae sales are always dirt cheap. He is always there to answer questions whether you chooose to buy from him or not.

APEX Japan: Was VERY helpfull in helping me solve my Endlink problem. Great Vendor!

Grayson Subaru: If you need to buy a subaru... this is the man to see for honest straight forth prices.

These are vendors that I have worked with^^^

Overall I have not had any bad experiences with vendors. I have had several vendors not return calls or emails but that is their loss.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

TDC: I ordered a Cobb AP and a TDC stage 1 map. They shipped my Accessport in a timely manner. I placed my order on 9/1 and got my AP a week and a half later. However, I did not receive my map until today, 9/21. I realize all business can be slow sometimes, but all they had to do is email me a simple file. As I posted in another thread: "In their defense, it COULD HAVE been sent right after I ordered and got deleted in my spam box. About a week after I placed my order, though, I started checking each and every message in my spam box. I contacted them for 2 weeks trying to get the map sent/resent before actually getting it."

JSCSpeed: They had a lot of what I needed and their shipping was super fast. I would buy from again for sure.

PL Tek: I ordered a grill from them. RBS was having production problems so PL canceled my order. They have great communication and are very friendly. They contacted me several times to update me on my order status. I didn't even have to try to get a hold of them once. I would definitely go back to them as well.

Check your junk mail for the map. If it's not there contact TDC Jon or Joe

I have been checking each message in my spam box, and nothing. I have PMed TDC Joe and never got a response. And I have emailed them through their site 3 times and they have told me twice that I should be receiving it shortly.

In order of recent purchases

Boostjunkie: Great guy, great vendor. It came within a week of ordering (which was great considering at the beginning of the week it was still in transit from Germany). Great deal of patience too. He answered craploads of my questions waay back in the day and i didnt buy anything from him until 2-3 weeks ago. responds to inquiries quickly as well.

King of Parts: Great service, prices. I got my package in 2 days (was probably drop-shipped from brembo in CA which is about 4-5 hours away). Answered my questions about the product very quickly. They had the lowest price on the item i wanted. Plus, they're all over the FS forums so they HAVE to be good :lol:

Rommel/RBS: Put on my stuff for me, great prices. His new batch of grills werent good so he traded me an older one for my stock grill. so in the end i got a lip and grill for the price of the lip, and the stock grill. not bad at all :)

Subydude: Great prices, fast shipping, cool guys. I like their talk on AIM feature too. Although the free t-shirt i got didnt have a legacy on it :p

car for sale. PM me!

theperformancedriver.com I ordered some s-techs thru their website. on 8-23. My order status did not update for a week. No contact from them at all. So I contacted them about a week after the order was placed. I was finllay told they were expecting my springs the following week. So I called back and left 2 messages and didn't speak with somone until my 3rd call and I was told they didnt know what was taking Tein so long and they would eaither try to get them from another seller/distributor or refund my money. I told them try to get them from someone 1st ( I really wanted to deal with them and be positive since they are located in FL) I was supposed to call back at 530 but didnt call until 500 and I got the v-mail so that was my fault. I called the next day and they said we cant get them from someone else but we will credit you your money. This was monday the 17th of sept and I still havent got my money on the 21st of sept. I have escalated the matter with PAYPAL and hope I get my money back soon.

CLIFFS NOTES: Poor Communication!! They do not return calls and still havent refunded my money... I will NEVER deal with them in the future

More info on this?

i ran out of steam. lol. they were great to talk to, what can i say. no qualms, great guys. they have a thread where everyone posts their reviews. subydude's got a great repuataion and i think they're on like at least 4 forums.

cant go wrong.

car for sale. PM me!

• 2 months later...
TDC: I purchased a used vf40-18g, great price, great product. Service was intially good but after I paid I was sent the wrong package, I got a TMIC in the mail instead of my turbo. Luckily the turbo was sent to another member on the forum I know, thanks SquishyFace for being legit, they sent me his TMIC and he got my turbo. We contacted each other and pieced the issue together, we just ended up mailing each other our parts directly. This could have been potentially a major problem but because me and SQF knew each other the situation worked out the way it should have, at least with us getting what we paid for. I contacted TDC to get reimbursed two times via pm on here, I never got a reply. Squishyface didn't get reimbursed either, its only 20$ but its principle, they should have sent the right packages to the right people to begin with. They didn't and should have done something to make the situation right. In my pm's i was inquiring about getting a map for my new turbo and just wanted a prorate on the map from the extra shipping costs I spent. I never heard back... I would only do business with them if they could rectify the first transaction some way.

RalliTEK : ( this place along with the below ( RPM ) ) Maybe it is me but seemed a little lacking in communictation. I know i am a very impatient person when it comes down to it, but there is nothing wrong with saying hey it might be a bit before it ships. Or it is not in stock so you will have to wait about a week. I just like to know what it going on. Like many on here money for me is hard to come by. So when i cough up $150-200 dollars you would think a simple email of message of some sort wouldnt be that much to ask.

RPM: same as above. talked to him on the phone and nothing was mentioned about a shortage. I dont care how long it takes to ship something out as long as i am told. Not too much to ask i wouldnt think.

THEKINGOFPARTS: Man these dudes rock. simple as that. This has been the only major vendor on here that i dont have to worry about shipping or waiting. You would think when you call these people that you are talking to an old friend. They make you feel that comfortable.

JSC Speed: cant complain about these guys either. Got my stuff and away i went.

BDII: Item was purchased but recieved email a few minutes later explaining a small bit of confusion. Money was returned along with a small compensation of time lost. Very honest person and was eager to help out. cant get no better than this.

Casopolis: purchased a cubby pod. communication was something this guy def maintained. always emailed me and always replied when i had a question.

SUBYDUDE: another great guy. Eager to help you out and share information even if it means a loss of a sale.

GST motorsports: the second transaction i made with this site. Great people i might add. very polite. eager to help you out too.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Rallitek: Good vendor in my opinion, always had great service from them and when I had a problem with the intake fitment on my old '97 GT I called them, spoke to Sean, he said no problem, and sent me a new adapter via next day air. I do miss their forums though, it was always nice talking with them and congregating there.

BDII: Hmmmm this guy... jk, one of the best guys on here to deal with

PGT: Another good guy, took care of everything for me when I bought my current CF Strut tower bar from him

Fastwrx (IE MachV Motorsports): Great guys to deal with, never had a problem with them

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Jimmy at HKC-Speed is a very honest and hardworking vendor. I give him my business whenever I can.

Rommel at RBS has always treated me well with great communication.

Jeremy at Crucial has awesome communication, patiently answering all my silly questions.

AVO Japan was hassle-free in getting a consolidated group shipment together for Vancouver with multiple customers all paying separately.

Thekingofparts: These guys are top notch, great prices, great service, super quick delivery, even a few "extras" in the shipment. They will be the number one on my list when the mod bug hits again. Thanks guys! Chris
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

thekingofparts: if you live nearby do yourself a favor and stop in!! its worth the time, TRUST ME! really cool guys that love to talk subie. i cant wait until wednesday so i can get myself a whole lotta stage 2 happenin! thanks again tkop!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
thekingofparts: if you live nearby do yourself a favor and stop in!! its worth the time, TRUST ME! really cool guys that love to talk subie. i cant wait until wednesday so i can get myself a whole lotta stage 2 happenin! thanks again tkop!

Well. Its been a little while now.

Hows Stage 2 treating you????:cool:

The King of Parts- A+ fast shipping great info and prices. Great communication

P&L Motorsports- Great work a little slow but they were really busy when I dropped my car off. Very reasonable for installs and service work.

BDII- Will let you know when I get my grill back J/K great communication.

Awsome grill great vendor on temporary leave.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived