LegacyGT.com

Finally....I've found an exhaust I'm truly happy with:)

edmundu

I will be welding this pipe into a single to dual set-up, and then welding on 2 of these tips per side in a stagered configuration. We'll see how it comes out. I would like to find a place that could roll the tips for me instead, then I wouldn't have to purchase the expensive tips, but no luck so far :(

Once that is done, I will weld them onto the stock lobotomized cans and have the cans powdercoated black :D

:spin:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I was almost about to buy an MR CBE before I saw this.. edmundu, that sounds perfect. I want this exhaust.. Not sure I'm willing to slave over some dirty used cans though...

I'd like to just a little something, but not enough to drone at 75-80mph cruise. Also need to keep a 40lb turbo happy.

Interesting thread. We have seen an increase in sales on the y-pipe/centerpipe kit and this may truly be the reason why! My friend has this on his personal LGT 05 model and he too REALLY enjoys the power and relatively muted sound. The complete cat-back certainly makes more noise, and if you don't want that I completely understand. Nearly a year ago I drove our 07 LGT Spec B project car from Oregon to Vegas and Back for the SEMA show. It has a PERRIN Dual Cat DP and complete cat-back and even under light load cresting a hill etc. the sound was perfect. Noise when I wanted it and none at cruise. But I have heard the same cat-bcak with catless or single cat DP's and I agree it is too much for me.

What we have considered is offering a baffled muffler set, that would be significantly quieter, but you gain a non-stock look to the rear (assuming that is what you want.) If there is interest in that product, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks again!

Adam@perrinperformance.com

^^^I might be interested in that.

The thing you could do to make it even more enticing is to offer a range of bolt-on tips. That would allow folks to choose large or small, dual or single, and it would also mean one set of cans would work for sedan and wagon... :D

:spin:

What we have considered is offering a baffled muffler set, that would be significantly quieter, but you gain a non-stock look to the rear (assuming that is what you want.) If there is interest in that product, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks again!

YES.

I love the look out the back, want some noise, but no drone (maybe a little...the two washer hogmod was money in the noise department) on the highway (so like 2.5-3k RPMs) since that is the majority of my driving.

I love the Mid and Y-pipe already, those cans were just too noisy droney. (I am running a single cat in the DP)

Interesting thread. We have seen an increase in sales on the y-pipe/centerpipe kit and this may truly be the reason why! My friend has this on his personal LGT 05 model and he too REALLY enjoys the power and relatively muted sound. The complete cat-back certainly makes more noise, and if you don't want that I completely understand. Nearly a year ago I drove our 07 LGT Spec B project car from Oregon to Vegas and Back for the SEMA show. It has a PERRIN Dual Cat DP and complete cat-back and even under light load cresting a hill etc. the sound was perfect. Noise when I wanted it and none at cruise. But I have heard the same cat-bcak with catless or single cat DP's and I agree it is too much for me.

Thanks again!

How about something that flows more, stock quiet, and has a cutout pre-fabbed, or has a flapper in the exhaust can(s)? Should make more power all the time, but noise only when we want. I saw fujutsubo planning to do something like that, haven't heard about the actual product yet, though it may be in japan.

If you put a cutout on a stock exhaust, it's restricted while not on, if you put a cutout on an aftermarket, it's loud all the time. You just can't do this without someone actually making this product.

Thanks again!

that's the ticket.

How restricted are the stock cans, not modified? I have a 3" set up now and my tuner said I can go down to 2.5" pipes without a problem. I just want to quiet the exhaust down so I think I am going to go with this option. I am wondering though if I really need to modifiy the stock cans or can I get away without...

Any thoughts?

Semper Fi.

How restricted are the stock cans, not modified? I have a 3" set up now and my tuner said I can go down to 2.5" pipes without a problem. I just want to quiet the exhaust down so I think I am going to go with this option. I am wondering though if I really need to modifiy the stock cans or can I get away without...

Any thoughts?

Why don't you just weld in a resonater and then weld on the stock tips to your EVO2 like farmerjon did with his sp2 :)

That way it will be a little quieter and look stock :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have run some logs, and they have should no apparent loss in performance. Really a win win scenario for me, as I don't need the bark nor the attention of aftermarket cans. This setup gets the job done with a nice mellow snarl.

Archived