LegacyGT.com

Drove a Active Autowerke 07 335i sedan

6mt with the factory sport package & Active steering

Let me say this.....I was amazed with the car for the money, he did have to pay 2,800 over sticker for the car but even for 51k incl the mods where can you get a quicker luxury sedan for the $???

As far as the overheating issue goes he was told it was resolved......

The mods were a power pack made by Active Autowerke EM,BOV,Catback the combo set him back a little over 3k incl shipping

Wow.....acceleration is there right from idle absolutely no lag @ all. The setup he is running supposedly puts down about 350whp/385ftlb & it def. felt like more than that. Really did feel like a smallblock V8 getting in the wagon after it really made me realize how laggy my car really is. Car only has about 2800 miles on it so no redline shifts as of yet. Shifting @ 5500 still puts a huge smile on your face

BTW......seats are perfect for me!! getting back in the wagon seats def. left me wanting to go unbolt those & re-install.....

The car needs aftermarket wheels for sure but man-o-man what a car for very little mods installed on the car. I can only hope & pray they decide to bring the wagon version stateside.

If there were no "market adjustment":rolleyes: That is always a deal breaker on principle for me......

Now I have to get this painting business making some $$;):):):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

The lag issue def.came into play with mine last weekend.

Here it goes exiting a corner. 1.5k.....nothing.......2.5k.....still waiting.......3.5k....there's a little power....4.5k.....about time......damn........5.5k really pulling.......6.5k still going.....7.5k yea....I wish;)!!

Not driving other performance cars def. gives you a rosy outlook

Seriously though the BMW felt like it had max trq by 2500rpm not sure if it does or not but sure felt like it.

Not sure but I'll promise you not as fast as this was.....I'll have to convince him to take it to the track but I'd bet mid 12's are within reach.

I'd be willing to bet the RS4 would not be as quick in the 1/4 & what does that go for nowadays......

70k plus??

True......

No need for the X for me really but how much weight does it actually add? I'd also like to know if any tuners have been able to get much more out of the car using the stock turbo's......

Seriously though the BMW felt like it had max trq by 2500rpm not sure if it does or not but sure felt like it.

They do have max torque at 2500 rpm, heck even a bit lower than that.

http://www.335parts.com/dyno.jpg

Direct injection, high compression, Valvetronic, VANOS and twin turbos FTMFW! I :wub: the 335i. If I was buying a new car now, it's what I would get.

I got a ride in an AA 335i coupe, automatic. All I can say is WOW!!! 2nd gear is amazing. 3rd pulls like no other. The car was trying to break loose in every gear. Unlike your friend's car, we took it to redline. Each gear shift resulted in some traction loss. Last time I felt a car that quick was when I rode in a '04 SVT Cobra.
-ben

Still would like to know what the stock turbo's are capable of.... It's my understanding they are quite small so 350-360whp maybe about all they are capable of.

For they $ I really cannot see the new M3 being able to outgun a car equipped like this. Sure maybe in all-out HP but when the tq is brought into the equation....I think the modded 335 will take the win.

This car may give up 20-30whp but will have 30-40ft-lbs more & a tq curve as flat as the day is long....

we shall see;)

Now BMW.....come out with a wagon version;)

If there were no "market adjustment":rolleyes: That is always a deal breaker on principle for me......

Now I have to get this painting business making some $$;):):):)

Just buy the car from a dealer in the Mid-West, no market adjustment.

Archived