LegacyGT.com

Rear Differential Guard

praedet

Would you purchase a rear differential guard if Rallitek produced one for the LGT/OXT  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a rear differential guard if Rallitek produced one for the LGT/OXT

• I would purchase one as long as it was under $100
    • I would purchase one even if it was slightly over $100
    • I would not get one/don't think it is necessary

All right folks,

I am trying to convince Rallitek to produce a rear differential guard much like this one for the WRX, for our car. This would protect the diff from rocks and debris, or in my case, snow and ice banks :D

Rallitek asked me to set up a poll so they could see how much interest there is, so please choose your poison. Hopefully they will chime in here on price, but I am thinking it should be under $100 since the WRX one is...

Thanks,

Ted

If you have any comments about what would, or would not be necessary for you to purchase one, please post that also...

:spin:

I voted. My main question would be, would it work for the OBXT? Would it be the same guard for the 07+spec.Bs, with their 180 rear? Finally, and more importantly, what do you do for a rear jack point with one of these puppies on? I use that jack point frequently.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I voted. My main question would be, would it work for the OBXT? Would it be the same guard for the 07+spec.Bs, with their 180 rear? Finally, and more importantly, what do you do for a rear jack point with one of these puppies on? I use that jack point frequently.

I will not have all the details until (if) R&D gets started. A rear plate like that would have to be able to fit OB and GT/2.5i. SpecB's R180 might be another story...

As far as a jack point, you will just use the skidplate.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/Rallitek_banner_top717.jpg

Can some people chime in and tell me what the advantage to having this would be... I'm already scared to jack up the Rear Diff by itself.....

Having this nice sturdy plate would make me feel better about jacking up the car at that point.....

Other than that what's the poing....

IS the diff fragile? What am I protecting it from?

Am I going off road in my spec b?

Not being funny...just asking for help.....

Havent' purchased the skid plate for under the front bay....

but the stock plastic peice is starting to warp the wrong way....

is that normal....so I can see a reason for that skid plate.....

"MIGHT VOTE SOON"

Looks like we do have some strong interest. I will put this on our R&D agenda to check productions costs and applications.

Please keep voting. The more interest I can show the higher our R&D dept. will prioritize this item.

Thanks!

-Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/Rallitek_banner_top717.jpg

• 2 months later...
Can some people chime in and tell me what the advantage to having this would be... I'm already scared to jack up the Rear Diff by itself.....

Having this nice sturdy plate would make me feel better about jacking up the car at that point.....

Other than that what's the poing....

IS the diff fragile? What am I protecting it from?

Am I going off road in my spec b?

Not being funny...just asking for help.....

Havent' purchased the skid plate for under the front bay....

but the stock plastic peice is starting to warp the wrong way....

is that normal....so I can see a reason for that skid plate.....

"MIGHT VOTE SOON"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/SubaruWRX/Web%20pictures/DSCF0025.jpg

1998 Forester L... Only thing you have to be concerned about is the jack slipping off the rear diff.

And I'd like to see one under $100

i need one soon actually. im gonna be in the 48 hours with my lgt and definitely would buy one in addition to the front skid plate.

a Rally is also coming up in two weeks, im probably not going to be able to get one from you guys til after that.. but it would be great. I have a friend with one for his wrx, i'll try to see the fitment difference of it first and put up some pics..

• 3 years later...

Archived