LegacyGT.com

Swift Springs Installed!!!

BoxerGT2.5

First let me thank Paul from AVO for hookin me up. To begin, let me say that the install is very simple and took about an 1hr 45min. Very straight forward and uneventful. Now for the driving impressions, the role of the car is much less pronounced and can only imagine when my sways are added. Because the Swift springs are a variable rate spring the little bumps you go over on the road are not gonna shatter your teeth. However, once you compress that spring you begin to feel they are a very good performance oriented spring. I drove over many diffent road surfaces and these springs performed even better than the Tein that are on my 8. Overall, I am very pleased with the ride quality now. (Keep in mind I have an Rx-8 to compare handling to, so my taste may be different then others) The drop of the car is 1.15 inches in the front and 1.00 inches in the rear. So for those of you who are lookin at a more aggressive looking stance without sacraficing day to day drivablity, then the Swifts may be a spring worthy to consider.

The first three picks are stock. Thereafter, the swifts. :D

2097763040_StockFront.jpg.65b2f85696276538baa4c7680ec4b89a.jpg

206897041_StockRear.jpg.1e32396b9aac66c5622b59c7d8f69612.jpg

Stock.jpg.2b94b56cb6219c5777debb5af722d96e.jpg

1770393398_SwiftFront.jpg.f3a8c42e236dfc22ed0ec80abecfebc2.jpg

104492368_SwiftRear.jpg.4fccef1a1fbd5d7db115118865e7f222.jpg

Swift.jpg.e470e9c62e369b5c9191e4fffac96f49.jpg

826938180_Swiftfront2.jpg.009b6ff2d45fead959adc8ca19a5a2cd.jpg

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='rclark0032'][font='Times New Roman']What made you pick these springs over the STi pinks? Do you think you made the right choice? :confused: [/font][/QUOTE] I picked the springs cause I wanted a more aggressive stance to the car. Likewise, I like the fact that they are variable rate and won't be too harsh. The are a more performance oriented spring. I know I made the right choice!

Hmm, I wonder how far I could make it if I left my black gt in boxer's driveway and headed straight for mexico with his some early sunday morning.... :evil:
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

[QUOTE=Rexmobbin']how are these supposed to compare to the Pinks as far as stock strut life? look very good, congrats.[/QUOTE] Not gonna be any different than the Pinks. Just an FYI...for those that are gung ho about "Pink" springs.....they are made by Swift, and no I'm not blowing smoke up your ass. :D

With pinks they align perfect. Dude I compared your pics with mine. And my ride heigth looks identical to yours, same amount of wheelgap on our cars! I got the pink, they are progressive also. hmm, like to drive yours to see, but I bet they are same.

[quote name='hodgeee']With pinks they align perfect. Dude I compared your pics with mine. And my ride heigth looks identical to yours, same amount of wheelgap on our cars! I got the pink, they are progressive also. hmm, like to drive yours to see, but I bet they are same.[/QUOTE] Just to throw this out there, the advertised spring rates of the two are (and either I'm misreading this, or the Pinks are 10x stiffer!): Swift Front - K=4.25N/mm Rear - K=6.60N/mm Lowers Front: -20 - -25 Lowers Rear: -10 - -15 Pink Front - K=39.0N/mm Rear - K=59.0N/mm Lowers 15mm F/R Stock rates have been posted here (and other places), but today, I can't find them:(

I suspect that because this is all in metric, you just need to move the decimal point on the Swift over a numeral to the left, or the STi a numeral over to the right, and you'll have an accurate comparison. I believe the difference is the same as 1.5cm vs. 15mm. :) The Swift springs are stiffer than the STi springs - at least in the firmer part of the spring. The "soft" part absorbs initial impacts a bit better than the STi pinks. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='deepershadeofp']Did the car align properly after springs were installed. I know this is a mild change but some cars don't have enough adjustment to compensate for lowering springs. I don't want to wear my tires because the alignment is thrown off. The car looks great![/QUOTE] The car did align properly after I did the springs (steering wheel is dead on and at 12 o'clock). But I would still recommend you get a performance alignment anytime you swap out springs and/or struts. :)

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Not gonna be any different than the Pinks. Just an FYI...for those that are gung ho about "Pink" springs.....they are made by Swift, and no I'm not blowing smoke up your ass. :D[/QUOTE] hmmmm, if this is true, then i'm going with Swift. thanks

[quote name='gtguy']If you look at the pictures from the Swift install (this thread) and the STi pink install (Opie's thread), the Swifts definitely lower the car more. Kevin[/QUOTE] Well they should.....Swift= 25/15mm Pink= 15/15mm :)

[quote name='racerdave']So boxer... Any more comments on ride quality now that you've had them on? What kind of compare/contrast with the stock springs? The variable rate deal is what's got me curious about these vs. Pinks...[/QUOTE] I'll let others who know the products be the final word on this, but just looking at the photos on the avoworld web site ([url="http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/index.php?cPath=1_58_3_66"]http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/index.php?cPath=1_58_3_66[/url]), both the Swift and Pink appear to be wound identically. As an aside, from what I can tell only the first coil is progressive. This is neither here nor there, but I was expecting a more obvious progressive winding. My background is with motorcycles, whose front fork springs (if a progressive wind) are progressively wound looser and looser over 6-8 inches. Then again, both the wire and winding is much smaller in diameter.

[quote name='Unilat']I'll let others who know the products be the final word on this, but just looking at the photos on the avoworld web site ([url="http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/index.php?cPath=1_58_3_66"]http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/index.php?cPath=1_58_3_66[/url]), both the Swift and Pink appear to be wound identically. As an aside, from what I can tell only the first coil is progressive. This is neither here nor there, but I was expecting a more obvious progressive winding. My background is with motorcycles, whose front fork springs (if a progressive wind) are progressively wound looser and looser over 6-8 inches. Then again, both the wire and winding is much smaller in diameter.[/QUOTE] They appear to identical in terms of winding, yes.

[quote name='racerdave']So boxer... Any more comments on ride quality now that you've had them on? What kind of compare/contrast with the stock springs? The variable rate deal is what's got me curious about these vs. Pinks...[/QUOTE] Since they have had 2 days or so to settle I can say that the springs have not sagged. The driving experience has been very good. I have purposely been rollin over the reflectors that mark the middle of the lanes and do not feel any jaring that you would with some other springs. However, when you do hit a good size bump they will remind you they are not the stock springs (which is typical of any spring). The cornering is much improved with less roll. I would say the stock springs are more of a luxury touring feel and the Swifts are more performance oriented (duh) :) I am very happy with them!

Archived