LegacyGT.com

Swift Springs Installed!!!

BoxerGT2.5

[quote name='Drift Monkey']So you carry Swift springs now?[/QUOTE] Yes we do. :) 944 turbo guy Myles Williams [url]www.racecompengineering.com[/url] [email]sales@racecompengineering.com[/email] Racecomp Engineering LLC. 9123 Old Annapolis Rd. Suite 103w Columbia, Maryland 21045 410-730-RACE 410-730-5503 FAX 410-707-0108 mobile

This may sound stupid (wouldn't be the first time) but if they look the same, are wound the same, and made in the same place, aren't they the same? I'm still deciding on pinks vs coilovers and now I need to think about swifts too? :D tom

tom :)

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Han'sGT]Paul from AVO....is he on the members list? What is his member name?[/QUOTE] Apexjapan - a bit confusing, I know, but related to how I got into this all in the first place. :) Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

BGT, Sounds like you've got a good mix of spring rate and compression/dampening on your sedan. Given the extra drop over the [i]Pinks[/i], are you sensing any rebellion from the struts with the [i]Swifts[/i] installed? Over/underdampening, bottoming out, etc. ApexJapan - Paul, Does Swift make a set of performance springs for the LGT Wagon similar to the STI Pinks or is it one size fits all? SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic']Does Swift make a set of performance springs for the LGT Wagon similar to the STI Pinks or is it one size fits all? SBT[/QUOTE] I believe they have separate sets for the wagon and sedan - I'll try and dig up the part numbers today. They will also be offering coilovers and swaybars for the Legacy some time soon, we should be meeting with them on all these matters some time in the near future. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='Subietonic']BGT, Sounds like you've got a good mix of spring rate and compression/dampening on your sedan. Given the extra drop over the [i]Pinks[/i], are you sensing any rebellion from the struts with the [i]Swifts[/i] installed? Over/underdampening, bottoming out, etc. ApexJapan - Paul, Does Swift make a set of performance springs for the LGT Wagon similar to the STI Pinks or is it one size fits all? SBT[/QUOTE] No problem whatsoever. The little bumps are barely felt, but when the spring compresses in the corners you can tell you've really stiffened it up. I love them. No regrets at all. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• 3 weeks later...
Boxer GT2.5, since the swifts are a 25mm drop in the front and 15mm drop in the back....do you notice the car looking like it may be "jacked" up? p.s, are you scraping when going over speed bumps...have some moderate ones in my neighbor hood. don't want to add swifts if i'm going to damage my car.

[QUOTE=Han'sGT]Boxer GT2.5, since the swifts are a 25mm drop in the front and 15mm drop in the back....do you notice the car looking like it may be "jacked" up? p.s, are you scraping when going over speed bumps...have some moderate ones in my neighbor hood. don't want to add swifts if i'm going to damage my car.[/QUOTE] The car doesn't look jacked up. And no I don't scrap speed bumps. f1fanatic, S4!, and rclark saw the car yesterday and rode in it. Ask them about the stance and ride. :)

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']The car doesn't look jacked up. And no I don't scrap speed bumps. f1fanatic, S4!, and rclark saw the car yesterday and rode in it. Ask them about the stance and ride. :)[/QUOTE] I thought the drop was quite agressive, and I liked it! I didn't see it with his 18" Volks, just the stock wheels. The ride was a bit stiffer, but not choppy. I could definately live with it as a daily driver. Now, there were 4 of us in the car, but I don't think that it made too huge of a difference, so maybe it sat a bit lower than it normally would during the ride (we did scrape some snow). Now I have this huge wheel gap that I see every time I walk up to my car... Damn you BoxerGT2.5!!!

[quote name='!S4']I thought the drop was quite agressive, and I liked it! I didn't see it with his 18" Volks, just the stock wheels. The ride was a bit stiffer, but not choppy. I could definately live with it as a daily driver. Now, there were 4 of us in the car, but I don't think that it made too huge of a difference, so maybe it sat a bit lower than it normally would during the ride (we did scrape some snow). Now I have this huge wheel gap that I see every time I walk up to my car... Damn you BoxerGT2.5!!![/QUOTE] :D .....and that was a big ass mound of snow. ;)

Archived