LegacyGT.com

Official Quartz Silver Metallic Thread

He did a double take. I guess he wasn't expecting a (good looking :rolleyes: ) girl driving a nice car this good. I can't lie, I love the attention.

His first look was: "I'm getting smoked?" his second look was: "BY A GIRL?!?!?" :lol:

Btw, S# IS FREAKIN AMAZING!!

Yes it is!!... just enjoy it SAFELY!!! We don't have enough of them to go wasting our good looking girls that drive LGT's like Jeff Gordon!! ;)

Glad your having fun though!

so i'll repost this over here..i picked this up tonight

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/IMG_4982.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/DSC_3436.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/DSC_3431.jpg

and my prev 05

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/DSC_0603.jpg

which leaves me with some parts laying in the garage, SPT intake and catback, perrin tmic, Dp, an optima and and a bunch of infinity audio equipment which will slowly migrate over to the new car

I finally got my Quartz Silver Metallic GT, here is the very first pic. The rims are not too bad in person, I have a set of 18x8 Rota Tarmac III's in Hyper Silver ready to go but will run the stock rims for now. Tint is the first thing.

IMG_0666.jpg.11b50b230e639433092bd874492d4c14.jpg

whaddaya guys think about these for my '08 QSM? I've been shot down on 5 pairs of wheels so far, from Volk GT-v (too pricey), Rev Model2 (discontinued), Arospeed Express (no polished lip), Enkei RSV (bad fit), Arospeed Project 5 (out of stock), so now I'm looking at these, but I gotta act soon if I'm going to, cuz the New England winter is coming!

BTW: real 2-piece construction, no fake bolts here.

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images_products/L_4315.jpg

hey... while we're doing tint pics, I've been meaning to post some of mine here, but I'll at least get my tint pics in seeing that's one thing I've got that's kinda unique.

Factory Subaru Tint: 35% fronts, and 15 or 20% (one of the two) on the rears.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/chrisgemail/DSCF0431.jpghttp://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/chrisgemail/DSCF0427.jpg

BTW: Since then I have gotten new vanity plates too... GOT BOOST?

Oh and 1 more thing, QSM effin rocks! Look at the difference in colors on that last pic depending on how the sun was hitting it. Bright silver in the light, darker in the shade... oooh I just love it!!! 1 more reason I'm glad I picked the '08 rather than a leftover '07 with a $1000 rebate!

Does anyone have an opinion (or better yet pictures) of what color Tarmac 2 or 3 wheels would look good on an 08 QSM sedan? I am looking at either steel gray, charcoal gray, gunmetallic or ???. I have looked at tons of pictures on Subydude and done a few Photoshop mockups, but the wheels appear different colors depending on the picture. QSM is such a new color that I haven't found any good examples yet.

Thanks.

Gawd I REALLLY like those Spec-B wheels!!! They'd probably look sick on our cars with a chrome finish too....

::salavating::

CKOne... I debated the same, and I decided I'd wait for the right set of Hyperblack's with a polished lip. It depends what kinda look you want though. I think Gunmetal is a bit darker than our cars, steel gray is going to look similar to the color that the stock wheels are, and Hyperblack is like a shinier/lighter gunmetal... which I think compliments the QSM very well. Really, it depends on what look your trying to achieve.

I had tint done the first month I got mine - it's ceramic based to: 1) reflect more heat, and 2) not interfere with the rear glass antenna. Should I try to post some pics? It's pretty dark - a little much for my taste, but I'm getting used to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Let me preface my response to that by saying this is my daily driver, and I don't auto-x or anything. I had a 2005 STi, before the legacy, lowered on Cobb sport springs and it was a SEVERE ride, had to watch out for every little bump or pothole. I love the change in stance and appearance, not nearly as aggresive as I had come to expect from some of the reviews I've read and in my opinion, just right. I've read all the poo-pooing on s-techs and while they may all be true, I only know what I feel on my car, and that is a drastic improvement over the stock springs. The car doesn't squat as much as it used to on acceleration, and It doesn't seem as "spongey" a ride. Ride seems more firm and planted with less body roll, and so far I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of SEVERITY (i.e. bottoming out and scraping the bumper=none) in the ride:). Plus, these are cheap as **** got a brand new set for $165 shipped, which makes for an inexpensive mod while waiting for the AP to arrive.

Thanks guys. I actually ordered Subaru's spoiler from the factory (@$600ish) and they were going to put it on after I took delivery, but my salesman (wrx-tuner dude) told me I should check out some of the other aftermarket ideas to see if I liked them better, which I did.

It's subtle, but slick looking. A nice european type design that flows perfectly with the lines of the car. Looks even better in person than any pics I've seen. Walking up to the car from afar in a parking lot for example, it looks awesome!

I actually had Rommel paint it after I had some local shops quote me $100-150 just to mix paint, and I couldn't be happier. The "paint shop" guy told me: "well we'll never be able to match it 100% unless we paint your whole rear end, trunk and bumper included. You'll probably notice a difference though"... not what I wanted to hear. I gave Rommel my color code from my door and he took care of it. The paint must be the same as Subaru's, because the quality of paint is great. Metallic flakes are prevalent, and the actual paint job itself came out great. As far as color match, I'd say 90-95% perfect color match, which is great seeing he didn't paint my whole rear. You cannot tell the difference when looking at it, especially with the QSM color, which tends to be different shades depending on how the light hits it. I say 95% because if you were being really anal about it, you can probably see a slight shade difference, but you'd really have to look.

Overall I'm REALLY happy with the product. Great build quality, easy install, and looks pimpin'!!