LegacyGT.com

Install/Meet 28 July 2007

praedet

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^:lol:

Hmm, subtle differences, but nothing major...

According to the manual, you measure the fluid level on the Trans when hot. I was glad to find this out as the cold level is just barely above the low dot, but the hot is full :D

:spin:

Mike, I think that was the one I plugged in, so I am truly sorry. What is the difference between pushing it on all the way and the actual "installed" feel?

I have to do this soon too :(

just make sure the plug clicks in and you can't wiggle it or pull it out by the cord.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Oh, I plugged in the cords on the driver's side. On the passenger I just did the coil-pack on the plugs. I thought you meant the coil-pack was not fully engaged on the plug on #1. Then this wasn't my fault :D

Have you found a new coil-pack yet?

Of note on the Subaru Trans oil...

It is not an "Oh my god, what a difference" change, but I just notice that it is smoother, period. I notice this after the fact, when I realize there was no harshness, or not as much notchiness, on the drive in to work. I think it is more than a placebo effect...

MAINTENANCE DETAILS

Vehicle: 2005 LEGACY 2.5 GT SEDAN

Interval: 30000 miles / 30 month service

Action Description Recommended Inspection Fuel systems, lines and connections

Inspect Drive belt(s) [Except camshaft]

Inspect Camshaft drive belt

Replace Engine oil

Replace Engine oil filter

Perform Replace engine coolant and inspect cooling system, hoses and connections

Replace Air cleaner element

Inspect Transmission/Differential (Front & Rear) lubricants (Gear oil)

Inspect Automatic transmission fluid

Replace Brake fluid

Inspect Disc brake pads and discs, front and rear axle boots and axle shaft joint portions

Inspect Brake linings and drums Perform Inspect brake lines and check operation of parking and service brake system

Inspect Clutch operation

Inspect Steering and suspension

Perform Rotate and Inspect Tires

The above services should be performed at the mileage / time intervals indicated. To keep your vehicle running its best and ensure the continued safe operation of your Subaru, your dealer may also recommend additional inspections and services. Please contact your dealer for a list of these services.

I was surprised that replacing transmission fluid was not on the list.

whats it say for 60k miles?

Replace oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, coolant and brake fluid. Inspect everything else. Pretty much the same as 30k except for the spark plugs. Interestingly the fuel filter replacement is recommend for 30k, 60k, 90k but it's not required until 120k.

Archived