LegacyGT.com

Install/Meet 28 July 2007

praedet

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same place as last time unless you want to meet at Ted's at 8am. Tools shouldn't be necessary unless you plan to do any unique work that they may not have tools at the auto shop.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

My car is broke.

Onthe drive home, my throttle body to intercooler hose ripped at the intercooler. Fixed that on the side of the road.... it's still leaking air, i think

Then, a little later, the car was misfiring. Then a little after that, it threw a code. So I'm gonna bring all my tools to redrocks with me and maybe we can try and figure out wtf is wrong with it. BTW, which cylinder is #1?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Damn Mike, that sucks man! Hope you get her fixed soon.

A big thanks to Ted for the install day. Another big thanks to you Bskey-Brett for doing my pipes! I owe you another lunch or few (or some drinks downtown).

Brett, Weiner, Han, Chenc, and I had quite a spirited drive on 83 back to the Denver area. Han is antsy to go stg 2 on his new ride. Two of us accelerated past 140mph! Got in the zone w/ high speed tunnel vision. Right after I slowed down (not having Bskey's radar detector-equipped car in front to keep me safe) , we passed a police truck. Pheeeew!

Stg 2 is feeling very smooth (accelerating and shifting). I love seeing those needles quickly move up!

Mike, I hope that IC fitting holds, otherwist it shouldn't be that tough a part to replace. Sorry we missed you today at the meet, by like ~15 minutes!

Scott~ I'll take you up on a drink downtown! I'm glad you're happy with stg II! Now install the AVO actuator! I did mine this morning and yeehaw, I definitely felt the change! +1 that was a FUN drive home :D We really need to plan a mountain road trip afternoon soon!

Brett, Weiner, Han, Chenc, and I had quite a spirited drive on 83 back to the Denver area. Han is antsy to go stg 2 on his new ride. Two of us accelerated past 140mph! Got in the zone w/ high speed tunnel vision. Right after I slowed down (not having Bskey's radar detector-equipped car in front to keep me safe) , we passed a police truck. Pheeeew!

Stg 2 is feeling very smooth (accelerating and shifting). I love seeing those needles quickly move up!

I must be getting old or something. I hit 120 and decided that was enough fun for the day. :p Of course with my luck a rock manage to find my windshield while at speed. There was a chip on the windshield yesterday and I schedule an appointment to get it fix today. Well the chip turned into a 12" crack by this morning... :mad: Oh well, I guess I will wait until after winter to get the windshield replaced.

Thanks again Ted for hosting the install meet.

Mike, I think that was the one I plugged in, so I am truly sorry. What is the difference between pushing it on all the way and the actual "installed" feel?

I have to do this soon too :(

:spin:

Now install the AVO actuator! I did mine this morning and yeehaw, I definitely felt the change! +1 that was a FUN drive home :D We really need to plan a mountain road trip afternoon soon!

Is the actuator an easy (or easier, quicker than the pipes) install? I'm assuming it is.

Yeah, let's do a mountain drive. Did you guys do a drive after the meet yesterday? Sorry I missed it. Woke up, turned off my alarm. Needed to catch up on some sleep after 3.5 hours before the install.

I'd also like to do some more spirited, high-speed drives. Where do you guys feel safe (cop-wise and road/traffic-wise) taking the cars to the limits? Let's do one of those drives as a group too!

Scott, the AVO takes about an hour, now that I have done it once, possibly a little less time. You absolutely need a custom tune for it though.

I'm up for cripple creek! Can't lose what you don't have ;)

Ted, Steve, so what do you guys think about the Extra-S so far?

I noticed the shifting effort is lower and a little smoother but there is still some notchiness similar to stock fluid, especially the 1-2 shift. Overall it's definitely an improvement and maybe with more miles the notchiness will improve too.

Archived