LegacyGT.com

Install/Meet 28 July 2007

praedet

^^ afraid i dont...

*on coolant though Ive been using "watter wetter" added into the subaru coolant and I actualy did/have noticed a slight decrease in daily driving temp. I dont know how it might work on some of you guys more modded out cars but theres a definate difference on my cobb stg1. Prior to use temp gauge was right at middle, now it runs slightly under middle. *shrug* every few degrees helps i imagine :)

Wish i had taken the time to get actual temperature readings off the AP (before/after) as the dash gauge isint exactly a precise in letting you know what the temp is, but wasent thinking about it.

*note even during my last 5k mile venture earlier this month driving through the biway mountain roads of west virginia/virginia (9% grades) the temp never went over half and even stayed down way low while going down/through most of the mnts.... And trust me:cool: I was pushing the cars limits going through there. It was a Tire screaching turbo screaming, goodtime!! i made couple videos ill post up soon.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NGK Iridium Same as stock, but the insulating material lets more heat transfer to the threads and block. This means the tip of the spark plug cools down faster, and thus stays slightly cooler than the stock plugs. This lessens the chance of detonation induced from a red hot spark plug tip.

Downside is it may foul easier, but not likely

Theres alot of debate over this issue. But basicly anytime you up the boost over stock and drive spiritedly, it's a good idea to go with one step colder plugs. If you go with a new turbo, you should definatly go with one step colder if not two steps depending on how much harder you're running.

LFR7AIX stock# 2309 I paid $62.64 for 4 from Super Rupair

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Thanks for thinking of me Bskey. Just noticed this thread.

1. praedet (trans fluid drain and fill, collant drain and fill)

2. Mweiner2 - helping and Spark plugs maybe

3. Bskey - helping and maybe CAI and AVO actuator

4. enthusiast - trans fluid drain and fill, DB4000 rotors (only 15minutes :)), SS Brake Lines?

5. CoSprings - :icon_bigg possibly trans fluid drain and fill

6. chenc544 - trans fluid drain and fill, adjust tie rod

7. scottybuckeye - stg2, UP, shorty DP, midpipe, Lightweight pulley (tranny change, coolant change if possible)

You want to start the stgII install early so you dont get mostly done, realize you cannot finish due to a bad turbo bolt, and have to throw everything back on in 40 minutes..... it's just not fun ;)

With the 7+ people we'll have there we can probably do the brake fluid while the stg II install is happening, as well as the tranny and coolant flush, as long as we have a bay that can accomodate that.

Ted, do you remember, do we have to be on a special bay to do fluid flushes?

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

^^^I just always do it w/ 2 peeps, so bring it along...

The fluids can be done in any bay, so the lift will go to the Stg 2 1st...

Nothing other than the gaskets that I can think of :D Maybe some high temp copper spray gasket maker

:spin:

For the Stg II swap, you'll need your AP preloaded with your stage II maps, a 2.2ohm resistor (I'll try to remember one of my extras too), a bolt to fill the UP o2 sensor hole if it needs it, spacer for the DP o2 sensor if it needs it and some liquid wrench. Maybe some extra skid plate pop-its if you have them; they always break :lol:

Yeah, I'll bring what I have. I may be low on liquid wrench, so it may be good to pick some up. The bolt and spacer may not be needed depending on your after market pipes, and the AP will compensate for the DP spacer if you want. I used one just in case, but that's just me. To see if you need an UP bolt, check to see if you have an o2 sensor hole in the new UP.

I think I have an extra. You could call Jayson Black at 303-478-1803 and ask him what he uses. I brought one for him to install when he did my tranny work, and he didn't use mine because he used one of the 'type' he usually uses; I'm not sure what that means, but it seems he has a proven bolt that he prefers.

Your Crucial UP has an O2 hole in it?

Mine didn't...

Anyone on the South side of C. Springs that is coming on Saturday want to pick up some Subaru Coolant for me and I will pay you back?

Ted

:spin:

Archived