LegacyGT.com

Still waiting for my 3.0 GT

depends on the bang. acceleration wise, perhaps.

we are talking stock here.

anything else? i fail to see it.

5.1 sec 0-60, 13.7 1/4 for a stock 06 Spec.B for just about half the cost of your beemer. Sweet Bilstien suspension.

AWD. You keep missing that one.

Why don't you run along and find a RWD forum?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those arent stock rims or tires. prolly racing a 328 and not the 335. it's other "competition" was a tsx? rsx? yeah, that's difficult.

ohhh 330? didn't know they still made those.

i'm not impressed dude. that is exactly what i would expect on a stock car as well on the street.

I guess you are hard to impress. The same inferior car won at Mid Ohio afterwards:

http://www.icyracing.com/news.asp

These are not small dollar efforts. These teams get corporate sponsorship, obvious as the cars are rolling billboards.

I am by no means knocking BMW's, the company has a proven commitment to performance. But there is no doubt that they extract a premium for the name. Snob appeal is worth $$$, they feel little pain in Bavaria.:)

• 1 month later...
Well, I found a solution to my post Legacy GT problem. Since Subaru seems to have no 300hp Legacy in sight, BMW's new (this spring) 135i fits the bill perfectly...a 6-speed 3.0 turbo (twin-turbo) for low to mid $30k.

Yes, it's more the size of the sti, but it's more refined like the Legacy. Actually, it's got the performance of the sti with the refinment of the Legacy.

So, Subaru has got till this spring to come up with a 300hp Legacy, or I'm switching back to BMWs. I really like my 2.5 GT though, so I'm hopeful.

Sorry you misunderstood my post. Please go back and read it and tell me where i said anything about the legacy GT being on par with the 335. I said 328XI is its competition if anything.

Ive been around BMW's all my life. I am well aware of what they are capable of on the track. As well as that i know there is more to a car then straight line performance. Thats the point i was getting across, ill make it simple for you to follow this time.

The Legacy GT for its price gives you an incredible amount of performance, practicallity and above average luxury. No where in this post did i say anything about it being superior to a bmw, in fact i was saying for people to STOP comparing to a BMW 335i, and enjoy there car for what it is. A car that out of the box is pretty quick and for little money can be greatly improved.

BTW im glad you priced out a 335i with AWD for 45k, with fees and taxes that go along with buying a car your right around 50k as i said.

I 100% agree with you that you get your moneys worth when you buy a BMW, thats why ive been driving them since ive had a license. In fact im putting a deposit down on a 135i this week for Euro Delivery. THe twin-turbo 3.0 liter in that car is going to be a true value if the rumored price of 33k is true.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I was all hot and bothered about the 1 series. I was plotting how to get a 130i into the States. Then I drove one while I was in Germany on business. It is definitely a nice car for it's class, but it is NOT what you are expecting. It is a econo hatch in handling and driving experience. It is actually outdone by the VW GTI. I would say shoving the TT 3.0 engine in it would make it extraordinarily scary, like those French superhatches that seem like a very fast car, until you are looking up at the tops of trees from the bottom of a ditch.

Make sure you drive one before you buy it, or be ready for a surprise. It's more than just positioning that makes BMW USA reluctant to bring the 1 over.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

They are already on their way. Check out BMWUSA under "Future Vehicles" ;)

BMWs are nice, they're just not what I'm looking for.

I really like the AWD performance of the Legacy, so I'm just not looking anywhere else. I don't want the expensive repair bills of the Audi and BMW. My Justy and my two Legacies have been bullet-proof, and I haven't been gentle on them. They take a beating and come back asking for more. As long as Subaru doesn't mess up the look too much, I'll be buying a third Legacy.

I'm wondering how much of a weight difference there is between the 4 and 6 cylinders? Would it be enough to offset the balance of the car?

I'm pretty content with the 250hp, sure I'd be happier with 300, but I'm not trading my car in for one. Hopefully, they'll wait another couple of years. I went in to get a STI WRX, but couldn't deal with the cramped cockpit, but drove out in a LGT.

I've spent time on a Mustang board, nothing ever built is faster than a Mustang.

<snicker> ...nothing ever built is faster than a Mustang? You just opened yourself up for all kinds of flaming,... but I'll refrain.

I seem to remember hearing that the H6 is less than 50 lbs heavier than the H4 (I think I heard 30 lbs at one point). When Jeff Perrin stuffed a turbo H6 into his STI last year, total weight of the car was about 50 lbs heavier, though he had added a roll-cage and removed the A/C hardware, so that's not an accurate measuring stick (though it gives a good ballpark figure).

Archived