LegacyGT.com

Still waiting for my 3.0 GT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I found a solution to my post Legacy GT problem. Since Subaru seems to have no 300hp Legacy in sight, BMW's new (this spring) 135i fits the bill perfectly...a 6-speed 3.0 turbo (twin-turbo) for low to mid $30k.

Yes, it's more the size of the sti, but it's more refined like the Legacy. Actually, it's got the performance of the sti with the refinment of the Legacy.

So, Subaru has got till this spring to come up with a 300hp Legacy, or I'm switching back to BMWs. I really like my 2.5 GT though, so I'm hopeful.

I think a high-perf H6 in the 3.6 size might just be on the horizon...

That would be cool, especially if you could remove the badges.

It's frustrating that most other markets have a Spec B wagon with 6 speed manual and 3.0.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I don't think Subaru can justify a Legacy going faster then their flagship WRX/STI. I would be down for one! Correct me if I'm wrong, was the Supra the last 6 cylinder Turbo import? anyhow, a Turbo 6 would be a MONSTER! on top of AWD!!!

That makes no Sense. A legacy is faster then a impreza. Look at the 2.5i vs. the RS. or the WRX vs. the GT. Just because the impreza has a STI version doesn't mean that if and when the LGT gets one it will have to be slower. If you follow the paths of the other trims it should out perform the sti

the 2.5 turbo isn't THAT great.

if you are really arguing the sub par interior of subaru, then yes, please stop now.

subaru isn't that great man.

Sorry man this is a Subaru forum. You may not find the support you are looking for. I understand you wanting a faster Subaru, but you will not make that many friends with your above statements...;)

Im new here but i just wanted to put my $.02.

I just bought an 06 spec.b and for many of the reasons mentioned here. For the price its one hell of a car. S-Awd, 243Hp turbo boxer,Leather, nav, sunroof, power everything.

The LGT is not a BMW. So what!? Stock for stock, the Legacy GT is good for a low 14 1/4 mile, mid to low 5 second 0-60mph, with S-AWD which makes it great for winter driving, where most BMW's are enjoying a nice warm stay in the garage (though BMW from my experience are decent in winter with snow tires).

I just dont get all the complaining. For under 30k your getting a damn loaded car with great performance, above average luxury, reliability, a deep aftermarket which isnt expensive so that if you want that 300hp, it wont cost you much more than 1.5k to get there, now your looking at high 13's and a sub 5 0-60.

Maybe im just a newb when it comes to Subaru. But i think the Legacy GT as of right now hangs with or out performs any car in its segment. The BMW 335i that everyone is comparing it too, is a 50k car out the door. Its main competition is a 328xi, which the LGT easily outperforms in some areas and is within reach of everything else.

Hooah. Nightwish. Just don't tell Richard B. He'll write on and on about how the 335 xi is far superior. Heck, as far as performance, the Porsche Carerra 4 smokes the LGT. Duh. I wonder if the Porsche forums whine about trunk space?

Someone once said if you ain't complaining, you ain't happy. 'Course that doesn't mean it is a smart thing to say... or to repeat...

That makes no Sense. A legacy is faster then a impreza. Look at the 2.5i vs. the RS. or the WRX vs. the GT. Just because the impreza has a STI version doesn't mean that if and when the LGT gets one it will have to be slower. If you follow the paths of the other trims it should out perform the sti

Im going to nitpick here. I believe the RS was always faster than the 2.5i/ N/A LGTs. Its the same power in lighter form.

Hooah. Nightwish. Just don't tell Richard B. He'll write on and on about how the 335 xi is far superior. Heck, as far as performance, the Porsche Carerra 4 smokes the LGT. Duh. I wonder if the Porsche forums whine about trunk space?

Someone once said if you ain't complaining, you ain't happy. 'Course that doesn't mean it is a smart thing to say... or to repeat...

yeah. his post is messed up...first of all the 06 is rated at 250hp the 07's+ are at 243. plus we don't have honda/acuras s-awd. perhaps he is confused with even what he is driving.

now the meat of it...there is more than straight line performance. i hate to break it to you. the bmw may be slower, but you are delusional in thinking THAT makes it an inferior car. the gt has NOTHING but straightline out the box pure stock. you are definitely getting what you pay for for 30k. the bmw has other options like 255mm tires in the rear from factory. and it is not 50k out the door. i optioned one out WITH awd and it was about 45k.

what sucks is how much money it would take to make it a real euqal to the 335i. how many legacy's are hitting 13.5 1/4 stock? pulling close to .9 on the skid? stops in 120feet ftom 60? NONE. so yeah, dream if you like. we get what we pay for for 30k. and is IS inferior to teh 335i. im not a brand whore nor am i delusional. it is a fact. the 15k towards the bmw is woth it imo. not to mention a warranty, higher resale, no maint. costs etc...

straighline is easy and doe NOT make the car a better car nor a higher performer. imo, the last gen legacy l would out handle this 07 gt. i loved that suspension. straight line is not all that there is to a car. point...is a 600hp civic a pos? answers i expect...yes becuse it is a civic (insert gt here vs a 335i)...no because it has 600hp...(retarded cause anyone can do 600hp).

imo of course.

the bmw has other options like 255mm tires in the rear from factory. and it is not 50k out the door. i optioned one out WITH awd and it was about 45k.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There were so many statements in this post that just scream for rebuttal, but I'll limit myself to 1 simple observation: EVERYTHING in a bimmer is an option! Those Bavarians know how to nickel & dime a customer! :spin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There were so many statements in this post that just scream for rebuttal, but I'll limit myself to 1 simple observation: EVERYTHING in a bimmer is an option! Those Bavarians know how to nickel & dime a customer! :spin:

i optioned it out for me and it was about 45k. IF you wanna get every damn thing there is, go ahead. then yeah, it will cost YOU 50k. i do agree though. at that price leather and some other crap should be standard.

yeah. his post is messed up...first of all the 06 is rated at 250hp the 07's+ are at 243. plus we don't have honda/acuras s-awd. perhaps he is confused with even what he is driving.

now the meat of it...there is more than straight line performance. i hate to break it to you. the bmw may be slower, but you are delusional in thinking THAT makes it an inferior car. the gt has NOTHING but straightline out the box pure stock. you are definitely getting what you pay for for 30k. the bmw has other options like 255mm tires in the rear from factory. and it is not 50k out the door. i optioned one out WITH awd and it was about 45k.

what sucks is how much money it would take to make it a real euqal to the 335i. how many legacy's are hitting 13.5 1/4 stock? pulling close to .9 on the skid? stops in 120feet ftom 60? NONE. so yeah, dream if you like. we get what we pay for for 30k. and is IS inferior to teh 335i. im not a brand whore nor am i delusional. it is a fact. the 15k towards the bmw is woth it imo. not to mention a warranty, higher resale, no maint. costs etc...

straighline is easy and doe NOT make the car a better car nor a higher performer. imo, the last gen legacy l would out handle this 07 gt. i loved that suspension. straight line is not all that there is to a car. point...is a 600hp civic a pos? answers i expect...yes becuse it is a civic (insert gt here vs a 335i)...no because it has 600hp...(retarded cause anyone can do 600hp).

imo of course.

you got a lot to learn man...first, the 05/06's and 07/08's both make about the same power. It's 250hp to 243hp because of the new SAE standard of testing power. Some '07+ owners here say that they make even MORE power stock than 05-06 because of the different turbo and no cat in the up pipe.

second, by s-awd I'm sure he meant SYMMETRICAL awd. Honda/Acura is called sh-awd as in super handling-awd.

third, last I heard those 335i's that you're so fond of have been having problems with overheating, etc. As for reliability, my sister's boss had both an M5 and an X5...sold them both due to BOTH of them turning off while driving on the freeway and vowed never to buy a BMW again.

sounds like you should've gotten a different car, the way you're talking yours down so much...

Nightwish1094 you hit the nail on the head. No, the Legacy is no BMW, but you don't pay for a BMW either. I think the Legacy GT is the most car for the money. I like my GT so much, I want another one after this one. The only problem is, Subaru offers no successor to the 2.5 GT. A 3.0 GT, or a 3.6 GT would fit the bill perfectly. I'd only cost in the mid $30k which is thousands less than the 3-series, and the insurance is much cheaper than a BMW (another reason I like my Legacy, most performace per insurance-bill dollar.)

Don't forget, 250 (or 243) hp is weak by today's standards, especially for a GT model. The new camary, which is about as much fun as a washing machine, has 270 hp.

Im new here but i just wanted to put my $.02.

I just bought an 06 spec.b and for many of the reasons mentioned here. For the price its one hell of a car. S-Awd, 243Hp turbo boxer,Leather, nav, sunroof, power everything.

The LGT is not a BMW. So what!? Stock for stock, the Legacy GT is good for a low 14 1/4 mile, mid to low 5 second 0-60mph, with S-AWD which makes it great for winter driving, where most BMW's are enjoying a nice warm stay in the garage (though BMW from my experience are decent in winter with snow tires).

I just dont get all the complaining. For under 30k your getting a damn loaded car with great performance, above average luxury, reliability, a deep aftermarket which isnt expensive so that if you want that 300hp, it wont cost you much more than 1.5k to get there, now your looking at high 13's and a sub 5 0-60.

Maybe im just a newb when it comes to Subaru. But i think the Legacy GT as of right now hangs with or out performs any car in its segment. The BMW 335i that everyone is comparing it too, is a 50k car out the door. Its main competition is a 328xi, which the LGT easily outperforms in some areas and is within reach of everything else.

you got a lot to learn man...first, the 05/06's and 07/08's both make about the same power. It's 250hp to 243hp because of the new SAE standard of testing power. Some '07+ owners here say that they make even MORE power stock than 05-06 because of the different turbo and no cat in the up pipe.

second, by s-awd I'm sure he meant SYMMETRICAL awd. Honda/Acura is called sh-awd as in super handling-awd.

third, last I heard those 335i's that you're so fond of have been having problems with overheating, etc. As for reliability, my sister's boss had both an M5 and an X5...sold them both due to BOTH of them turning off while driving on the freeway and vowed never to buy a BMW again.

sounds like you should've gotten a different car, the way you're talking yours down so much...

http://aurores.polaires.free.fr/owned%20baby.jpg

imo of course.

Sorry you misunderstood my post. Please go back and read it and tell me where i said anything about the legacy GT being on par with the 335. I said 328XI is its competition if anything.

Ive been around BMW's all my life. I am well aware of what they are capable of on the track. As well as that i know there is more to a car then straight line performance. Thats the point i was getting across, ill make it simple for you to follow this time.

The Legacy GT for its price gives you an incredible amount of performance, practicallity and above average luxury. No where in this post did i say anything about it being superior to a bmw, in fact i was saying for people to STOP comparing to a BMW 335i, and enjoy there car for what it is. A car that out of the box is pretty quick and for little money can be greatly improved.

BTW im glad you priced out a 335i with AWD for 45k, with fees and taxes that go along with buying a car your right around 50k as i said.

I 100% agree with you that you get your moneys worth when you buy a BMW, thats why ive been driving them since ive had a license. In fact im putting a deposit down on a 135i this week for Euro Delivery. THe twin-turbo 3.0 liter in that car is going to be a true value if the rumored price of 33k is true.

way to state the obvious...everyone knows about the sae power ratings. i have an 07 gengus i KNOW about the up pipe. can bus, suspension bushings, rear seat, si drive, stereo...want me to keep stating the obvious too?

2) get it right...

3) they had some with oil coolers and some without. i believe that is now fixed.

the legacy is an inferior car to the 335i in everyway. get over it. the legacy is NOT a high end luxery car. is a 30k box with a little bit of everything mixed in.

As far as what a pos the LGT is compared to the 335i, check this out:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62724&highlight=icy%2Fphoenix+lime+rock

The ST class are only slightly modified from stock. I rather doubt the BMW's would have been so thoroughly trounced by a car with such a poor suspension. :lol:

I will admit that I did not cross-shop with BMW, but compared to any car I have owned the current Legacy is BY FAR the best handling, even with the stock RE92's, KYB struts and relatively soft springs. And now that I have replaced those (and the puny rear sway) it is even that much better.:D

As far as what a pos the LGT is compared to the 335i, check this out:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62724&highlight=icy%2Fphoenix+lime+rock

The ST class are only slightly modified from stock. I rather doubt the BMW's would have been so thoroughly trounced by a car with such a poor suspension. :lol:

I will admit that I did not cross-shop with BMW, but compared to any car I have owned the current Legacy is BY FAR the best handling, even with the stock RE92's, KYB struts and relatively soft springs. And now that I have replaced those (and the puny rear sway) it is even that much better.:D

those arent stock rims or tires. prolly racing a 328 and not the 335. it's other "competition" was a tsx? rsx? yeah, that's difficult.

ohhh 330? didn't know they still made those.

i'm not impressed dude. that is exactly what i would expect on a stock car as well on the street.

Archived