LegacyGT.com

Still waiting for my 3.0 GT

oh golly...

$15k into an STi will blow away an M3.

The IS350 won't pull an STi on the highway... assuming the sti driver can drive.

And most of the cars mentioned aren't even in the ballpark of the LGT with respect to price. The only one that is remotely competitive is the MS6.

And the comment about a 1000hp Lexus... I'm speachless.

lol

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ummm what??

minus awd and they aren't that bad.

mazdaspeed 6 actually has gotten 13.7 from owners stock. that beats the all mighty spec b.

IF the mazdaspeed 6 was in an auto of some sort i wouldnt be here right now.

The Mazda 6 has the Mazdaspeed version.

You guys do know that the Mazdaspeed6 uses a 2.3L turbocharged I-4, right? i.e. Not a "performance" 6-cylinder. In any case, my point was simply that cars like the C63, M3, S4, etc. are not direct competitors to the Legacy. Sure the Accord, Maxima, Camry 6-cylinder engines produce decent power, but I don't see them as "performance" engines like the OP used for comparison.

-Mike-

Guest Gitster
In any case, my point was simply that cars like the C63, M3, S4, etc. are not direct competitors to the Legacy.

:whore:

oh golly...

$5k into an STi will blow away an M3.

The IS350 won't pull an STi on the highway... assuming the sti driver can drive.

And most of the cars mentioned aren't even in the ballpark of the LGT with respect to price. The only one that is remotely competitive is the MS6.

And the comment about a 1000hp Lexus... I'm speachless.

bolded fixed part.

Even if you pumped $15k (or $5k) into an sti, you STILL only have 2.5 liters to work with.

and still driving an econobox in comparison.

let's face it...3.5 liter v6 is becoming the norm. IF we keep the 2.5 it will have to be boosted otherwise the legacy gt will be what it as in 2001. just a name with a gt badge with no real perfomance.

stock # vs stock # on anything and the legacy is still right in the middle. can i remind you guys that the camry pulls about the same skidpad numbers as a stock gt? braking? it's all in the middle of the whole competition.

imo the only thing subaru has is awd. take that out and subaru has nothing.

oh, about the 1k hp...go ahead and laugh...no subaru has had it nor will it. 1khp supras aren't that uncommon nor are 1khp r34's. there are several other cars modded up to and over 1khp. subaru? none that i know of.

the only reason you rationalize not having it is because it will never happen. even in modding subaru loses.

but for 30k i like it for what it is. i have one in my garage fro a reason.

oh and "blowing away" cars that cost 15k more when you say they aren't even a competitor doesn't make any sense. and i would put money on it that power delivery is > than a boosted subaru. it's like a 40$ timex vs a 2k$ TAG.

reality bites though...subaru can't even compete with it's own competition...Evo.

oh, about the 1k hp...go ahead and laugh...no subaru has had it nor will it. 1khp supras aren't that uncommon nor are 1khp r34's. there are several other cars modded up to and over 1khp. subaru? none that i know of.

Your previous comment suggested that Lexus vehicles are known to get to 1000hp, and this discussion has specifically mentioned the IS350 and only the IS350 which would further suggest that you believe the IS350 can reach 1000hp. I did get quite a chuckle.

Supras and Skylines are far from this discussion and you're using them to divert the attention from your ludicrous statement.

You might also want to note that hp is only a measurement of engine output... not performance. The Sti is quite a capable contender in the quarter mile... a genre it was never designed for. Try putting the competition on a rally course and observe the outcome.

I'm done with this thread.

lol

And what's the problem with that? :p

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1077608

I think this is their destroked 2.3L motor...

-Mike-

Anything you do to a 2.5 will yield greater gains w/s 3.0. Plus, a 3.0 six will give more low-end torque, something a 2.5 four doesn't have.

Don't forget, Subaru doesn't even have an 8 cylinder (always the best option), so at least they could make the best of their six. If they put as much attention into their six as they do their four, they'd have some sweet cars!

Your previous comment suggested that Lexus vehicles are known to get to 1000hp, and this discussion has specifically mentioned the IS350 and only the IS350 which would further suggest that you believe the IS350 can reach 1000hp. I did get quite a chuckle.

Supras and Skylines are far from this discussion and you're using them to divert the attention from your ludicrous statement.

You might also want to note that hp is only a measurement of engine output... not performance. The Sti is quite a capable contender in the quarter mile... a genre it was never designed for. Try putting the competition on a rally course and observe the outcome.

I'm done with this thread.

oooh now we are talking rally??? why is subaru having a hard time over the years?? they aren't exactly dominating.

my point is...subaru anything is not the king of cars. stock vs stock there is plenty of competition. price factors in because you pay for what you get. people immediately bring up modding when introduced with a faster/quicker "competitor". oooh i can buy this car for 28k and still have 20k left to mod. uh, no you don't. IF you had that 20k why aren't you running more than a stage 2? IF you had that 20k why is your car financed? it's bs talk and nothing more when face with something. i'd rather have a new 335i than a modded legacy. there is more to a car than some 1/4 time. they are 2 entirely different cars.

also...do you not think that a supra engine couldn't be dropped in an is350? if you wanna bring modding into it, let's do it right shall we?

i will tell you...IF i had an m3 and some suabru was trying to race...i'd be thinking...wow, another pos trying to race me. that's just the way it is. it's the exact same thoughts you have if a "fill in the blank" tries racing you.

i can accept what my legacy is and what it isn't. this "argument" is the same on any forum. too many dumb ass people thinking their car is more than what it is.

Anything you do to a 2.5 will yield greater gains w/s 3.0. Plus, a 3.0 six will give more low-end torque, something a 2.5 four doesn't have.

Don't forget, Subaru doesn't even have an 8 cylinder (always the best option), so at least they could make the best of their six. If they put as much attention into their six as they do their four, they'd have some sweet cars!

yuup...the 3.5 liters the other japanases are dropping in are seeming better performers than our 2.5t's.

imo, if subaru wants to keep on competing they need to up the hp game liek they did in 05. but in 05 they were playing catch up to the already 3 liters running around. honda and toyota were already having quicker cars then subaru did till 05.

imo...they either have to twin scroll to 300hp or drop in a snailed 6.

if you really need me to do that then maybe you need to find the search button.

stock vs stock modded vs modded...why does the evo beat down the sti?

Cranky, are we? :lol:

I know much about the STi/Evo, probably more so than you since I've actually owned an STi and driven Evo's (i.e. I didn't need to read it on teh Internet). Both cars are quite capable, with power roughly equal between the two (stock vs. stock). The handling/seats in the Evo are better, but the interior and daily driveability of the STi is better. I also found the power delivery of the STi's 2.5L more suited to my driving (better low-end torque). So, again, how does the Evo "beat down" the STi?

-Mike-

Cranky, are we? :lol:

I know much about the STi/Evo, probably more so than you since I've actually owned an STi and driven Evo's (i.e. I didn't need to read it on teh Internet). Both cars are quite capable, with power roughly equal between the two (stock vs. stock). The handling/seats in the Evo are better, but the interior and daily driveability of the STi is better. I also found the power delivery of the STi's 2.5L more suited to my driving (better low-end torque). So, again, how does the Evo "beat down" the STi?

-Mike-

speed goes faster than 20mph. i love how the top end on all subarus cut out.

interior? yeah...the wrx and sti have great inerior.:lol:

come on man, quit rationalizing your switch. everyone knows the power on the evo > subaru.

That still doesn't answer my question? What's wrong with a 2.5L 4-cylinder turbo motor (actually, if you saw, the block has been destroked to 2.3L), when it can produce 700+hp and run in the 9s 1/4 mile? Because a 3.0L turbo can theoretically make more than 700+hp?

-Mike-

That still doesn't answer my question? What's wrong with a 2.5L 4-cylinder turbo motor (actually, if you saw, the block has been destroked to 2.3L), when it can produce 700+hp and run in the 9s 1/4 mile? Because a 3.0L turbo can theoretically make more than 700+hp?

-Mike-

it's pretty obvious that motor will not last 100,000 miles.

i am pretty sure he is referring to a factory built, with a 60k mile warranty, subaru vehicle.

in your argument, why don't all cars just have 2.3 liters and get huge ass turbos? there are several reasons why. a v8 with 300hp is genrally less stressed than a 2.0 with 300hp.

Archived