LegacyGT.com

ATTN: Spec B owners

I personally enjoyed perusing the Spec B owner profession thread a while back. After reading that I realize that me and my LGT are indeed inferior.

Spec B : Legacy GT

SRT4 : Neon

It's not a Legacy GT! It's a Spec B!!! :lol:

Post of the day!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for SI, which I have on my 2007, it's not a gimick and quite usefull. Dial in I mode for traffic jams and Sport Sharp for real fun. My buddy has a 2006 and he loves the SI on my car bigtime. It's a sweet upgrade to the Legacy and anyone who thinks otherwise is either jealous or hasn't tried it over a period of days.

While you're fiddling with your knob.........the rest of us "jealous" souls get to plug in a Cobb AP. ;)

Considering since there are VERY FEW tracks that YOU will ever need a 6th gear for, and considering the LGT's 5th gear is plenty tall for highway speeds I see it as a waste of money.

I cruise at 65MPH at 2600 rpms. No need for a sixth gear for highway driving.

Plus, to the member who made the comment about it being stronger, albeit, it may be, but the stock one will hold 350HP, easily. again, unless you're building a beast of a car, the 6 speed and rear dif are useless.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

The 6 spd in the spec B is the best MT that Subaru has every made IMO. Personally, It has nothing to do with having an extra gear or not. I don't have to deal with clutch stink, shuddering and dual mass fly wheel that the 5MT suffers from.

In my book the 6MT is worth the price of admission if your a driving enthusiast.

As far as the rear torsen diff being useless on anything other then a "beast of a car". IMO I think it's much better in cornering then the viscous diffs in the standard GT's.

Wheels are heavier then aftermarket types but probably less prone to breaking. Also, 06-07 Spec B wheels are some of the nicest looking wheels for the Legacy. I wish they were a bit wider though. Bridgestone RE50a rubber are light years beyond the RE92. Even If I were going aftermarket for tires I would still look at the RE50.

I think the bilstein and aluminum suspension is a big upgrade over the GT's. It may have a little to much body roll for some peoples taste but it always grips and never really beats you up. You'll be hard pressed to find a similar combination in the aftermarket that matches the bilstein for comfort and handling without paying alot of money.

BDII - seriously, what the hell is all your rage about? i like all the features in my car, but im having trouble remembering the instances i used that to insult you or tell you or your car was inferior or sucked. i searched, but i cant find the threads where i said those offensive things.

what got you pissed off so bad to get you on this psychotic rampage?

While you're fiddling with your knob.........the rest of us "jealous" souls get to plug in a Cobb AP. ;)

What does THIS have to do with cars? Pulling the knob ... Oh, now I get it. I Drve. Yea, that is kinda like pulling my knob. Mmmmm...

Not Spec b specific ... On the AP availability, or the I-Drive gimmic.

And those of us that are stuck fiddling with our knobs (classic btw:lol:) are hoping that Cobb ties into when Armageddon comes, and the AP for 2007 + becomes available.

I would have to agree that the extra money Subaru wants for a Spec B is very silly considering the alternatives from other makers in the same price range. I don't have anything against Spec B owners though, if they want to spend their money on Spec B's that is fine with me. They can go spend all their money on crack too, if it makes them feel better and faster for all I care.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/digi115/normal_105here_for_the_gang_bang.jpg

-Mike-

:lol::lol::lol:

I just watched that last night... I love that movie

Almost as much as I love the most bestest coolest fastest 6-geared car in the world: the Spec.B

lol

I would have to agree that the extra money Subaru wants for a Spec B is very silly considering the alternatives from other makers in the same price range. I don't have anything against Spec B owners though, if they want to spend their money on Spec B's that is fine with me. They can go spend all their money on crack too, if it makes them feel better and faster for all I care.

I'm always curious as to what these other mystery cars out there that are in the same price and performance range as the Spec.B. Perhaps you could list them for us?:cool:

Archived