LegacyGT.com

ATTN: Spec B owners

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wanted to take this opportunity to adress an issue that I believe has reached epidemic proportion.

1. It's a spec B not a super rare Ferrari Enzo

2. You are not "elite"

3. Your suspension sucks and your wheels are heavy.

4. You don't have to put "spec B" in the title of every thread you post.

5. No one on here is impressed by the fact that you paid an extra 5k to get a 6th gear.

that is all for now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Heightgtltd rant.

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly.jpg

lol

I'm always curious as to what these other mystery cars out there that are in the same price and performance range as the Spec.B. Perhaps you could list them for us?:cool:

The best bang for the buck in a sport sedan right now (I will grudgingly admit) is probably the Infiniti G35. A base Spec B costs $34,640, and a base G35 AWD comes in at $34,665. Granted the base G35 AWD will not have Navigation, but it has considerably more power, more room, good handling, good brakes, a nicer interior, and if you want them far more options. Probably gets better fuel mileage too.

For further comparison if AWD is not mandatory a base G35 Sport with the 6 speed comes in at $32,995. Even with navigation (which forces the premium package) it only comes out to $37,415 and at that point has more content. Financed that is only $60/month more in payment for a nicer car.

Buyers and reviewers seem to agree that the Spec B is not a good deal for the money. Just look at the super slow sales, and that should tell you everything you need to know. Hell LGT sales are slow, but Spec B sales are even slower.

Definitely agree that Spec B is not a good deal for the money. The LGT is barely a value as it is..

Mid 30's you're starting to get to 328i territory.. and even that is is getting close to our cars in "real world" speed (unless you're launching 24/7.. good luck!)

Then the 135I is coming out.. this market is getting crowded really quick..

The best bang for the buck in a sport sedan right now (I will grudgingly admit) is probably the Infiniti G35. A base Spec B costs $34,640, and a base G35 AWD comes in at $34,665. Granted the base G35 AWD will not have Navigation, but it has considerably more power, more room, good handling, good brakes, a nicer interior, and if you want them far more options. Probably gets better fuel mileage too.

For further comparison if AWD is not mandatory a base G35 Sport with the 6 speed comes in at $32,995. Even with navigation (which forces the premium package) it only comes out to $37,415 and at that point has more content. Financed that is only $60/month more in payment for a nicer car.

Buyers and reviewers seem to agree that the Spec B is not a good deal for the money. Just look at the super slow sales, and that should tell you everything you need to know. Hell LGT sales are slow, but Spec B sales are even slower.

Sorry, Penguin, but I've had a lot of experience with the G35x and it is not nearly as fast or tossable as a Spec.B. The Spec. is all muscle while the G, nice as it is, is a little on the portly side and the sport, as you say, is not AWD.

As for sales, the entire Subaru lineup except for the the WRXs are nothing stellar by any means but this is a marketing failure not a performance failure.

So you came up with one car that doesn't match the Spec.B in preformance or price. Try again, grasshopper.

Definitely agree that Spec B is not a good deal for the money. The LGT is barely a value as it is..

Mid 30's you're starting to get to 328i territory.. and even that is is getting close to our cars in "real world" speed (unless you're launching 24/7.. good luck!)

Then the 135I is coming out.. this market is getting crowded really quick..

The Spec.B is AWD, has very comparable if not better performance and is AWD.

Come on, sceptics, let's hear some real alternatives from you. So far you're 0 for 2.

(Have to add maintenance/reliability factors as well)

Yayyyy a G35 for the same price with less options!!

Now i can roll down the street with the million other G35's and their gold chain wearing owners and be part of the 'We don't have a skyline here yet' club.

Sorry. I guess i like driving a completely unique car and i bet if you took a poll most Spec owners paid < MSRP for their car. At least when I'm out on the road i know it'll be awhile before i see another one of my exact car. In the meantime, i don't think my calculator has enough spots to count the G35's, 325's and Mazda 6's i see in one day.

Yayyyy a G35 for the same price with less options!!

Now i can roll down the street with the million other G35's and their gold chain wearing owners and be part of the 'We don't have a skyline here yet' club.

Sorry. I guess i like driving a completely unique car and i bet if you took a poll most Spec owners paid < MSRP for their car. At least when I'm out on the road i know it'll be awhile before i see another one of my exact car. In the meantime, i don't think my calculator has enough spots to count the G35's, 325's and Mazda 6's i see in one day.

Not to mention that the G (and I do like the car) is not in the same league as the Spec.B performancewise.

How many of the doubters have even driven a Spec.B?

Not to mention that the G (and I do like the car) is not in the same league as the Spec.B performancewise.

How many of the doubters have even driven a Spec.B?

Dude it's a Legacy with an extra gear, and a slightly nicer suspension. So everyone that has driven a LGT has more or less driven a Spec B.:lol:

Dude it's a Legacy with an extra gear, and a slightly nicer suspension. So everyone that has driven a LGT has more or less driven a Spec B.:lol:

Agreed. You want another car in the same performance class as a Spec B for less money? Legacy GT, with some aftermarket coilovers. The Bilstein suspension is nothing to soil yourself over, and with the money you save buying a GT versus a Spec B you could get much nicer coilovers than the Bilstein setup.

Some have 6MTs and some have 5MTs. The suspension is much nicer. Another league better than the LGT. Big time nicer.

I had driven some LGTs and, seriously, had crossed them off my list. Then I found out about the Spec.B with its Bilstein suspension (the "B" stands for Bilstein" FYI), spotted one and went for the test drive. It is not an LGT.

More or less, you haven't driven a Spec.B. :cool:

Agreed. You want another car in the same performance class as a Spec B for less money? Legacy GT, with some aftermarket coilovers. The Bilstein suspension is nothing to soil yourself over, and with the money you save buying a GT versus a Spec B you could get much nicer coilovers than the Bilstein setup.

You haven't driven a Spec.B either. Go ahead and add a supercharger while you're at it with your aftermarket "this guy says it really good except in the winter when it groans like a cracked out ho" suspension, etc.

We're talking OEM performance/price.

Maybe instead of telling all of us to drive a Spec B you should drive a GT so you would realize the difference is marginal and your car is not even close to being in a different class than a regular GT

Maybe instead of telling all of us to drive a Spec B you should drive a GT so you would realize the difference is marginal and your car is not even close to being in a different class than a regular GT

I have driven the LGT and that's why I own a Spec. I'd be on the G forum otherwise. ;)

More powerful and better handling. What's not to like?

BTW, I never told you to drive a Spec.B I merely pointed out that most LGT owners have never driven a Spec. so they really don't know what they're talking about.

Archived