LegacyGT.com

***Dyno Day on July 21 at Yimi Sport Tuning in Santa Clarita***

Boostjunkie

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah. I'm not holding my breath for going ahead of the Nissan/Infiniti Accessport.

Chris said something like, "the Mazdaspeed AP will be out before winter, surely it won't be 2008." I bet that I'll have to remind him of that when Christmas time comes and I still can't buy the one toy that I really want bad!!! :p

Kevin, your car is a lightweight:eek:, but with bad-ass power.

Anthony and Paul told me that my car was probably right in line with HM's dynojet, but with the boost/tune i'm running, the 100+ temps caused my car to dyno lower(cause of the ecu pulling timing across the board?). Correct me if i'm wrong tho, Paul.

I believe the general consensus is... the Legacy 5EAT blows on the dyno, and my tune/block are doing okay 3+ months since my protune :spin:. I'll try to bring some next track numbers in a week or so.

Mike

I saw a fair amount of activity on your knock light on the first pull, and it looked like the ECU pulled timing on subsequent pulls from both the shape of your curves and also the fact that I never saw any more flashes from the knock light. Also, unless the temperature compensation table was modified when you were tuned, IAT readings above 40*C or 104*F will result in 5*+ of timing being pulled from your map. 104*F IAT are pretty easy to find when it was 102*F ambient and your MAF is housed in a metal tube inside your hot engine bay.

would it be possible to post up here the stock EVO dyno plot?

did any other stock cars run on the dyno?

I'll check on posting up stock STi and Evo graphs on Monday. The second Evo was the only stock car to run yesterday.

Don't post the 3.0R's number. :lol:

yeah. that will kill future sales of the 3.0R. I don't understand why Subaru would go through all the development and production of the new 3.6L H6 for the '08 Tribeca and not simultaneously put it into a Legacy 3.6R. look at all the competitive 3.5L NA V-6's out there (Toyota, Nissan, heck even Hyundai).

That 3.0 H6 is a pure waste of time. Yes, it's smooth but I cannot see any reason to pick it over the 2.5 GT motor. For fun I overlayed the H6 graph over a Stage 2 LGT graph and the LGT made more power EVERYWHERE and at the torque peak of the turbo motor it made 150 ft/lbs more torque. Horsepower wise, the tuned LGT made 100 whp more. No brainer to me.

As for comparable motors, I recall a G35 sedan with an automatic running on the Yimi dyno and I think it made something like 220-225whp with just a catback. The H6 needs to make at least 210+ whp to make any sense.

^^^^^^

that would be cool.

sorry to be monopolizing this Subie thread with chat about my Speed3 (but I know you guys are way cool about it anyways.)

I've been thinking about why/where I gained a good deal of power since I first dyno'd it on a Dynojet down in San Diego when it was about a month old and bone stock.

here's that dyno plot:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/DynoKevMS3-1.jpg

the only engine related mods since then are the bigger TMIC which shouldn't really add a thing power-wise except better heat soak resistance on the street/track (which it most surely does!), and I put in a K&N drop-in panel filter in the stock air box.

Now I do run the car with about a 50:50 mix of 91 gas and 100 octane race gas but only at the track. I fill up with 100 gas at the track station. I ran at Buttonwillow exactly two weeks ago. Yet I've run at least 3 full tanks of gas since on pump 91. So any ECU learning should be back to normal.

The other factor is that I do run my Speed3 aggressively fairly often. And I've been to the track 3 times inside of the past 2 months. I also turned over 16k miles on the odometer driving up to Yimi so the engine is well broken-in now compared to that first dyno when it was still young.

Who knows??? Clearly something has gotten better because there are way too many comparisons from yesterday's dyno runs to call it a fluke.

That was a fun day, it was great to meet everyone. Sorry I couldn't stay longer to see some of those good runs! Overall I'm fairly satisfied with the numbers I put down. After I get the Header on next week I'll finalize the tune with some more fuel and get it back on the dyno to see if I can break 260 on the TD04 with 91.

http://www.xpttuning.com/osecuroms/uploads/scan0001_439.jpg

XPTTuning: Can you answer a question for me? I'm assuming your car is running a 91 octane map. If so, are you running greater than 12.0:1 AFR's? Isn't that a bit on the lean side for a street tune?

Thanks

Archived