LegacyGT.com

***Dyno Day on July 21 at Yimi Sport Tuning in Santa Clarita***

Boostjunkie

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think XPTTuning/Braden took some pics, but I don't think anyone else did. I'm pretty tired after running cars on the dyno all day, but I had a great time. Won $5-6 in a bet with the remaining crowd on guessing how much power Andrew's Acura CL-S would make. I guessed 217whp and it made 216whp on the first run and 218whp on the second run. That tells me I spend too much time around the dyno :)

For the most part we had a bunch of well tuned and good running cars on the dyno today that didn't give us any trouble which was great. All except the brand new 08 3.0R that Reza brought. 172whp 165wtq WTF?!? Andrew's 100K mile old-azz Acura outdid that by 45whp and 35wtq. j/k and sorry Reza... :icon_wink.

Mazdaspeed3 Throw Down!!!! :p

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/YimiDynoplot_July2107-1.jpg

not bad for essentially stock power-wise.

ETS 3.25" thk TMIC

K&N Panel filter

all other mods are brakes/suspension related

I think Thormix/XPTTuning/Braden took some pics, but I don't think anyone else did. I'm pretty tired after running cars on the dyno all day, but I had a great time. Won $5-6 in a bet with the remaining crowd on guessing how much power Andrew's Acura CL-S would make. I guessed 217whp and it made 216whp on the first run and 218whp on the second run. That tells me I spend too much time around the dyno :)

For the most part we had a bunch of well tuned and good running cars on the dyno today that didn't give us any trouble which was great. All except the brand new 08 3.0R that Reza brought. 172whp 165wtq WTF?!? Andrew's 100K mile old-azz Acura outdid that by 45whp and 35wtq. j/k and sorry Reza... :icon_wink.

Hahahah

Don't be sorry Paul. I did not make it nor, I would buy one. ;)

I was just disapointed, because I can not sell something that I don't belive in and there goes the 3.0 R :redface:

If you are interested in one, I can introduce you to one of our qualifed sales doods.

i got a few pics early, then started just watching the dyno.

thanks again to the Pauls, Anthony and Andrew, that was a blast.

And Kevin,

Nice to meet you man. that speed3 is incredibly impressive.

Hanger, there's too many Mikes and Michaels, but it was nice meeting you too man.

Merv, good to see ya again man. Glad the family is doing great! talk to you soon dude.

I am sure i missed people, but it was cool meeting y'all. i am completely exhausted, so I'll check my pics later.

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

ETS 3.25" thk TMIC

K&N Panel filter

Interesting numbers... especially considering your only change since the last time is the TMIC... I'm also curious about those AFRs.. way leaner than the last time too.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

ETS 3.25" thk TMIC

K&N Panel filter

BAhhhh, don't make me post up the 2 subsequent runs when the wee little Mazda couldn't deal with the heat and instantly lost 30wtq/20whp!:lol::p:lol:

J/K Kev, your car put down some nice numbers and must be a blast to drive.

i got a few pics early, then started just watching the dyno.

thanks again to the Pauls, Anthony and Andrew, that was a blast.

And Kevin,

Nice to meet you man. that speed3 is incredibly impressive.

Hanger, there's too many Mikes and Michaels, but it was nice meeting you too man.

Merv, good to see ya again man. Glad the family is doing great! talk to you soon dude.

I am sure i missed people, but it was cool meeting y'all. i am completely exhausted, so I'll check my pics later.

Hey Mike, it was nice to meet ya mang. What numbers did you car end up giving you??

:munch:

don't make me post up the 2 subsequent runs when the wee little Mazda couldn't deal with the heat and instantly lost 30wtq/20whp!:p

J/K Kev, your car put down some nice numbers and must be a blast to drive.

I agree the TMIC setup doesn't perform well under rapid-fire dyno runs in a static condition. Those fans don't really do much.

But you can ask Jose, after 20 or 30 straight minutes of non-stop, balls-out track driving you can pull into the pits, raise the hood, and that oversized TMIC feels absolutely ambient. almost chilly. its amazingly efficient under real road conditions as long as you can sustain fast air movement.

That said, I wouldn't want to try and pull on a Civic SI if we got the chance after puttering through a half hour of stop & go traffic. That's when heat soak would really make a difference with this car.

Archived