LegacyGT.com

***Dyno Day on July 21 at Yimi Sport Tuning in Santa Clarita***

Boostjunkie

XPTTuning: Can you answer a question for me? I'm assuming your car is running a 91 octane map. If so, are you running greater than 12.0:1 AFR's? Isn't that a bit on the lean side for a street tune?

Thanks

Unfortunately it appeared that my WBo2 was mis-calibrated whilest I was tuning. It was reading 11.5:1 in the mid and 11:1 at the top. I first thought that the Yimi WBo2 was off but further cars running were showing almost inline what was correct.

I have since retuned the car with more fuel, which of course has allowed more timing, and such is probably making more hp/tq now. I will be coming back after I install the MadDad V2 headers and retuning to get some numbers again. Then the 18G or 20G goes on with modded injectors.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little disappointed for the power my car makes...

A year ago I have less mod and its making the same WHP except the turbo spools about 1000RPM earlier.

But again, our 4EAT and AWD took 30% off the crank power and I was on the Gas Saving Map to see what my daily driving power is.

Thanks you guys (Paul and Paul) for setting up the Dyno Day and I am looking forward to the next one maybe with high power map instead.

Also the 3.0R rides very nice when Michael took me out for a spin. The WHP it made I think it’s completely normal for a automatic AWD vehicle. It is perfect for someone enjoy smoothness and safety but just not going to be a high power beast.

BTW, I am glad to meet all the nice people in this community. Reason I am out of the WRX community because bounch of the STi fat @$$es think they are all that... And they diss 4EAT like 6sp is the only tranny a "real" car should have. :mad:

Archived