LegacyGT.com

GM aborts another performance oriented car......

Wow, I really liked this car. Maybe the sales were only 3% because the bastard salesman wouldn't do test drives. I went into a dealership to test drive one and they said they treat the Cobalt SS like a Corvette, only if you are willing to make a move "today", would they let you test drive one. I laughed at them and walked away.

Sad.

My 2 cents? Bolster Buick with a halo car. Chevy has the Corvette. Pontiac the GTO (had), G8 and GTP cars.

BRING BACK THE DAMNED GRAND NATIONAL IF ANY OF YOU GM FOLKS READ THIS.

Zeta Platform 3.6L 350HP TT, DOHC, IRS, VVT, 6MT, <3500lbs, + creature comforts in a "sexy" car, <$35,000 and I will empty my wallet (and sell my wife and kids) to get it.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I was with you till this point T -tops? Does any production car anymore have TT's?

Pics of you to prove lack of Mullet?

Twin Turbo. Am I being a retard on acronyms??? Ahh the IROC T-Top days - you reminded me! I'm getting old. :icon_neut Buahahaa - mullet! Actually, I shave my head since I started balding a couple years ago.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

OTOH, autoblog is reporting that base price for the new Pontiac G8 GT is going to be 35K :cool:

Thats not bad @ all.....

figured a "loaded" version would be around 38-39K

My guess will be the AT equipped cars will have 2,500 rebates within the first 6mo.

The MT equipped cars are going to be a different story though.....

BTW.....the Cobalt SS is/was Chevrolet's quickest ride behind the Vette:rolleyes:

Now it will be the 14.5sec in the 1/4 Impala SS:rolleyes:

The bowtie racing is simply a joke anymore, all I think of when I see the logo is trucks.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Yep - it would, wouldn't it???!!! I'd be all over it. OK. Ditch the twin-turbo - too expensive anyway. BTW, the 335i and a handful of other cars have the twin sequential setup - very effective for quick spool and good top-end.

I'll "settle" for a single turbo 3.6L V6 - ahhhh teh boost g00dness in Dearth Vader triple-black!!!

Power a la Velite:

Power to move the Velite comes from Buick’s experimental twin-turbocharged, intercooled global V-6 engine. Four hundred horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque are derived from its DOHC design and 3.6-liter displacement. The engine features fuel-saving variable valve timing technology, which is available on some of GM’s four-, five-, six- and eight-cylinder engines. Through the use of variable engine valve timing, valve lift and duration is continuously varied to improve fuel economy, horsepower and torque, while reducing emissions.

Thats not bad @ all.....

figured a "loaded" version would be around 38-39K

My guess will be the AT equipped cars will have 2,500 rebates within the first 6mo.

The MT equipped cars are going to be a different story though.....

I have to believe they will offer a rebate, if not at the beginning, REAL soon after. Spending 35k for a base model Pontiac with 364hp or what ever, seems a tad high to me. Now 35k with a 2500 rebate sounds good to me. But a 40k+ for the GXP version. That is nuts. The GXP Grand Prix comes in around $30k i think. Add 10k more, and throw on a pontiac label :(

Anyway, as for the Cobalt. I see them every now and then and I really really like them. I test drove one. The recaro seats are nice, the power is good, but you sit so high and the interior is pretty crappy. Nice little pocket rocket, considering for 700 or so you can get a GM warrantied package that pushes the power up to 241hp. Not bad

True.....

38-40k is high for a Pontiac but who are it's competitors??

All of it's competition is more upscale & thus more $$. Hard to find a car that size in RWD with mid 13sec 1/4 mile performance for under 50k.

I do think there pricing is quite silly for a new model. Why not price them very aggressively & then if there is a shortage of the vehicle adjust the price.

Just a gut feeling but in the end the whole Holden platform sharing will be dead within 10years:(:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

No kidding? SS model killed already?

I'm surprised as I see them all the time in my town. I thought they were doing really well sales wise (but what do I know?)

What I do know is that I see about 5 of them for every new Civic Si...

*cough* bullshit *cough*

An American Revolution!

gireland, maybe they're the non-supercharged SS-badged ones. I see them here all the time, they never dare run with me tho. Always decide they suddenly have to make a right or left turn at the light.

Oh well ...

american automakers have no idea what they're doing anymore.. anything they make that consumers actually want they kill off for various reasons.. my guess.. the car wasn't a large enough % of sales (they always cater to the lowest most boring generi-sedan get-me-to-work-and-back crapmobile possible) to be revamped to meet 08 emissiopns standards making it "not cost effective" so they killed it off.. its capitalism at its best/worst I suppose..

as for me.. I dont think having fun in your car is going to be possible in a few years.. they're all going to be discontinued/illegal to drive because of this whole emissions nonsense

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived