LegacyGT.com

Mac is . . .

elpete77

Mac is  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Mac is

• Evil
    • Not Evil
    • Neither, it's just a company trying to make life in a PC world better for non-programmers

People who buy a Mac are just trying to be noticed. Like yea, look at me because Im not using a computer with Windows like everyone else. My roomate is a prime example.

You cant even format a drive without going through 3 different utilities. How is that supperior to right clicking format drive as you would on a PC?

You can't transfer a HD from one PC to another and expect it to work.

If all you are doing is formatting HD's, then the Mac is not for you.

Why do I have to go to My Computer to see what drives area available, and what is it with the alphabet system in identifying them? And whatever happened to B:????

X

---

It is all under the Applications folder.

You are smoking crack, you can remove everything from the dock, including the preferences. It shows up with a triangle if it is active.

No matter what you rename the drive, logically in Windows it will still be a letter drive.

Do I really need a pop-up window telling me that I have unused icons, and if I need help organizing them, or that I need to activate my copy of Windows XP.

Or that it looks like I am writing a letter, and if I need help, and I better take it before the paper clip commits suicide! :)

Or do I really need an operating system asking constantly "Deny or Allow?"

"Your POS Winbloz PC is about to be buttfvcked by malware, Deny or Allow?" :)

X

---

Site Polls first :lol::lol:

ok i just didn't think at first this thread would deliver and i was wrong. :lol: not being a computer wiz i guessing my next comment will help keep this going so here goes i have owned a top of the line Gateway with XP my wife currently owns a Dell laptop with XP i switched to Mac OSX 2 GHz Power PC G5 2 GB DDR SDRAM about two years ago and will never ever own a Windows unit of any kind. i have had trouble with my old Gateway (viruses, won't shut down, locking up, blue screen, rebooting, constant updating, defraging, redundant ways to do the same thing, the list could go on forever) and even more trouble with the laptop. the worst i've had to do with the Mac (the beach ball) is restart it and that has maybe happened five times in two years plus i have not had to have any protection ie. Norton, etc. the Mac OSX is much easier to use and looks better why the hell you think Microsoft is copying Apple? you get what you pay for with Windows. i have a friend who just bought the new Vista OS he's not happy to say the least the only thing saving Microsoft right now is sheer numbers of units out there. btw i don't drive a Prius. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

ok i just didn't think at first this thread would deliver and i was wrong. :lol: not being a computer wiz i guessing my next comment will help keep this going so here goes i have owned a top of the line Gateway with XP my wife currently owns a Dell laptop with XP i switched to Mac OSX 2 GHz Power PC G5 2 GB DDR SDRAM about two years ago and will never ever own a Windows unit of any kind. i have had trouble with my old Gateway (viruses, won't shut down, locking up, blue screen, rebooting, constant updating, defraging, redundant ways to do the same thing, the list could go on forever) and even more trouble with the laptop. the worst i've had to do with the Mac (the beach ball) is restart it and that has maybe happened five times in two years plus i have not had to have any protection ie. Norton, etc. the Mac OSX is much easier to use and looks better why the hell you think Microsoft is copying Apple? you get what you pay for with Windows. i have a friend who just bought the new Vista OS he's not happy to say the least the only thing saving Microsoft right now is sheer numbers of units out there. btw i don't drive a Prius. bosco

I am waiting for Apple to release their new desktop systems. They're definitely taking forever with doing so.

My favorite feature has become "system restore" in Vista. I keep my Vista disk close to my computer for when it fails to boot, which seems to be common.

:lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

you Mac guys keep trying hard, don't you? :rolleyes:

just like cars there are better choices if you just look with open eyes instead of rolling them. try something new you Windows boys are the ones with the problem of not looking at the alternative i've tried Windows have you tried the Mac? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

seb, you're an IT professional, in fact a large percentage of people on this board are in the industry. you need to look outside your own comfort zone and realize joe public doesn't know crap. when their PC isn't working properly they have no idea why and just want it fixed, you can tell them why but they won't listen, they just want it fixed like when a car goes in with bad injectors (hi Mike), and they carry on using their PC's the way they always have... computers scare at least 50% of people that own them and all they really know what to do with them is attract viruses, spyware etc. it totally makes sense for joe public to choose a Mac over a PC. my wife is one of the 50% I refer to above, she was up and running with OSX in 15 minutes, no joke. end of story.

I work in the advertising business and in that industry MAC's are still top dog. The OSX operating system is extremely stable. Nothing in the PC world is as stable for processing large amounts of visual data and I have used both. :)

Archived