LegacyGT.com

Mac is . . .

elpete77

Mac is  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Mac is

• Evil
    • Not Evil
    • Neither, it's just a company trying to make life in a PC world better for non-programmers

And no, you can't take the "Prefs" thing off the dock.. my friend is an avid Mac guru, and even he couldn't figure it out.

Must be a Canadian thing or something because I do not have it on the dock, and I always take it off every users machine.

But we are seeing the truth, the last t ime you were on a Mac using it yourself was maybe in the days of the PowerMac G4 with system 8 or something. It has advanced, and dare I say innovated over the years.

I am an IT professional, and I service whatever comes my way. I will admit that there are things were the PC and Windows is better than the Mac, like connecting to an Exchange server for email. Outlook and Exchange were made for each other! :) Unlike you, I do not hide in a computer bubble and not look at the rigth tool for the job.

In my experience on fixing and dealing with PC's vs Mac's, The Mac's are easier to fix, and more reliable than any Windows system that I have encountered, and because of that I charge my PC users more than the Mac users.

This argument, just like religion or politics, will never end. Lets just say that I thank my lucky stars everyday for computing choices, because if it was just a PC/Windows world I would probably be a bum somewhere! And oh yeah, thanks to my PC users for lining my pockets with green bills every week! ;)

X

---

Yea - this is officially the last Apple vs. Windows threads I'm opening...

...I thought this was about Apple's business practicies, not their operating system? Personally, I think they're neither evil nor just - simply a company good at marketing & cashing in (big time) on the image they've worked so hard to create.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

seb, you're an IT professional, in fact a large percentage of people on this board are in the industry. you need to look outside your own comfort zone and realize joe public doesn't know crap. when their PC isn't working properly they have no idea why and just want it fixed, you can tell them why but they won't listen, they just want it fixed like when a car goes in with bad injectors (hi Mike), and they carry on using their PC's the way they always have... computers scare at least 50% of people that own them and all they really know what to do with them is attract viruses, spyware etc. it totally makes sense for joe public to choose a Mac over a PC. my wife is one of the 50% I refer to above, she was up and running with OSX in 15 minutes, no joke. end of story.

well said. btw you can put me in the above group also. :lol: i did not grow up with computers so i'm lost when it comes to fixing the XP when it screws up the Apple system is much easier for me with limited computer skills to use after all isn't that what it's all about? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Apple FTMFW - I'm at the World Wide Development Conference as I type. New version of CUPS and 299 other new features in Leopard, sex0r eight core Mac Pros with 16 GB of RAM and 4 TB of storage, and LED backlit laptops. Drool.

-Ryan

this is where i'm at with computers :lol: bosco

digital immigrant

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=digital+immigrant&defid=894212

Someone who grew up before the digital age and is fairly new to the

internet. Basically anyone over the age of 28.

YouTube is foreign to the digital immigrant.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

^ wow that puts me 10 years into that category, good thing my folks bought an Apple IIe for my brother and I to share when I was in my early teens. 64k of memory FTW!!!

See, Windows is better, you make more money that way :lol:

Yeah, I can't argue with you on that! :lol:

But the headaches almost make it not worthwhile! Only reason more is charged.

X

---

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Mac in 2002 when the OS X craze started because I was fed up with Windows and the company was going places. Since then I fried 1 HDwith heat (my bad) after a year. But until 2 days ago, she ran perfectly. Then the HD ditched again.

And I was stupid and sold apple stock at $61/share...

I am now lost and alone in computing without my powerbook and using my windows desktop (what, I'm an engineer, they don't make solidworks for mac...)

CarlJN, you can run Solidworks in a Parallels VM under OSX. I'm doing that on a MBP. The only thing confounding me is the right-click functionality is missing, though you can work around it.

sebberry, you can export to a .dxf from Solidworks (I only know SW 2006, being a n00b to it, but in case you want a step-by-step send a pm). An awful lot of machine shops will accept a .sldprt file, though, since SW is kind of slutty - it can read nearly anything and it will export to a whole lot of filetypes too.

Archived