LegacyGT.com

Broken RSB mount from Cusco sways...help!

It's not lowering springs or even better sways. Take a minute and go look at the thickness of the steel support that the sways bolt to. I didn't mic it but if i had to guess from memory I would say it's only about about .090 thick.

The mounts are simply too thin and Im surprised we havent seen a TSB about them.

Why do you think they make supports for them aftermarket? The good news is that it's not an expensive fix. Like I said...my local shop (who I have no real relationship with) quoted me about $200 to repair the break AND reinforce both sides. I have seen the guys work and it's excellent.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
200.00 to repair or 90 for prevenitive upgrade. Just order up some AVO brackets now and put them in! Easy install and adds a nice splash of orange underneath:lol:.

It would still cost me over $100 to get the base unit welded. and the $200 includes a better reinforcing job.

Maybe i should have stressed the preventative more. What i am saying is to upgrade to the reinforced bracket,before the stock part snaps off like a piece of stale flatbread. Of course this is no help to you now.

I have the AVO brackets,they are so simple in design yet very strong.

All Better! Got her back from the shop this afternoon. The mount thickness is now more like .190 than the original .050. I will say this (as I'm sure it haas been said before...buy the avo's or get a shop to reinforce these mounts). As i said before, I don't drive hard and she still snapped (yes I'm running a little heavier RSB). Look at it this way, If you drive hard and haven't lowered or changed your sways, there's still a possibility of it going....so just do eet!!

PS: another crappy pic attached.

fixed.thumb.jpg.4de8325d1f37e1b2ab5df7d188294015.jpg

^^^

Better pics!

I want to see some more details on how the shop reinforced the mounts.

Also, are you going to purchase the AVOs?

I'll take better pics with my digital next week. I wont need the AVOs now because he reinforced both sides in addition to the repaired piece.

The same occurrence started to happen on the driver's side mount on my car. Luckily, I discovered it before it snapped; although it sheared about halfway through already. I had a muffler shop weld the mount together again, and have them weld on a reinforcement bracket for each mount. They were nice and charged me $20.00 for everything.

The same occurrence started to happen on the driver's side mount on my car. Luckily, I discovered it before it snapped; although it sheared about halfway through already. I had a muffler shop weld the mount together again, and have them weld on a reinforcement bracket for each mount. They were nice and charged me $20.00 for everything.
everyone knows people are nicer on the left...:lol:

^^^^

I purchased mine off of a member for $75 shipped because the AVO mounts were back ordered at RalliTEK. Unfortunately, due to my busy schedule, I forgot to take the time to cancel my order with RalliTEK. Now I have an extra set on the way. :lol:

Irregardless, they are $99.99 from RalliTEK and $89.00 from pltek. The price difference is really inconsequential because like someone has already said they are "cheap insurance". Purchase from the vendor that can get them to you the quickest.

Irregardless, is not a word, Pet peeve of mine , lose it from your vocabulary. Not a flame!!!:)
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

My mama told me not to take the advice from two types of people.

1) engineers who provide fashion advice

2) people that try to give literary advice who are comma happy and mis-capitalize

:)

However, let's bring this back on topic.

As another member has stated, the Cobb reinforcement brackets are also another set of reinforcement mounts to consider.

My mama told me not to take the advice from two types of people.

1) Engineers who provide fashion advice

2) People that try to give literary advice who are comma happy and mis-capitalize

:)

However, let's bring this back on topic.

As another member has stated, the Cobb reinforcement brackets are also another set of reinforcement mounts to consider.

FIxored

Archived