LegacyGT.com

Broken RSB mount from Cusco sways...help!

I have cusco front and rear sways...just put new bushings on them about a month ago. The right rear bracket just snapped today...no apparent reason except what some have warned about. Is there a fix or do I need to weld? I've searched and cant find anything Cusco specific.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will the AVo work with Cusco?

Yes, they'll work with any swaybar, OEM or aftermarket. They are just heavy duty brackets that replace the flimsy stock units. AVO had them on their website for $80 shipped last weekend.

Kyle "BlackHole"

Kyle "BlackHole"

I have cusco front and rear sways...just put new bushings on them about a month ago. The right rear bracket just snapped today...no apparent reason except what some have warned about. Is there a fix or do I need to weld? I've searched and cant find anything Cusco specific.

What other suspension mods do you have?

Bein' a noob my opinion is suspect, but I remember reading a thread recently where the word out of Japan was you should have the RSB mount rewelded first, then add the AVO (or other) reinforcement bracket.

Seems the reinforcement brackets need a solid OEM mount to work properly. Please read up and confirm, of course.

Pete

As I have said in the past. The rear mounts are toys. If you put in a RSB either add the reinforcements then, or spend bigger bucks later.
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

What bushings did you use? OEM? Aftermarket/Harder material??

Were your Rear Bushings Shot?...Was the traditional swaybar prep of greasing the bushing...

How did you know it snapped? Did the car drive differently? Did you hear an "noise" or did you discover it while under the car doing other maintanence??

Sorry for all the questions...

~Sucka-Duck~

Energy suspension bushings put on a month ago. I drive the car like the old man that I am (for the most part) Used plenty of the bushing special lube.

I knew it snapped because i heard a loud bang.

Stock endlinks because my MSI adjustables weren't necessary (heightwise)

I took camera phone pics but they suck.

I am having the repair done at a great shop across the street from me. The welder is an engineer as well and is not only repairing the broken side, but reinforcing both sides so it won't happen again. The whole thing will cost me $200

I am having the repair done at a great shop across the street from me. The welder is an engineer as well and is not only repairing the broken side, but reinforcing both sides so it won't happen again. The whole thing will cost me $200

^^Pictures of that FO Sho!

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived