LegacyGT.com

Post a map of a fun road in your area!

Gmoe

It would be cool to have more area specific threads for this kind of thing, but here goes anyway.

Here's a great road near Lake Ontario in Rochester/Irondequoit, NY for a spirited cruise. This is right down the street from my house. I take this road whenever I have an excuse. :) It's only a few miles long, but let's just say that it's less than straight the whole way. ;)

I am not suggesting that you go out and drive like a lunatic down this road. You will eat a deer or get a ticket if you go overboard. There are LOADS of deer in this area esp. in the Spring/Summer. Be careful as always.

Google Map

Let's see yours.

Theres a road behind the Raritan River starting in Raritan NJ and leading into North Branch called the 9 mile from whoever lives in this area. I don't know the actual name of the road. Its a great road to test your handling. I take all my cars there and play. Just watch because one turn you'll either end up in the river or in a brick fence.

Haha! Durand Eastman Park, Irondequoit.... Right next to my Grandmother's - I've driven that road dozens of times, but it's kinda hard to have much fun with my 98 year old grandmother squealing next to me! lol

north bound on 1&9 right after the pulaski skyway running through belleville nutley newark and jersey city.. top speed a must!!!!!!

That is the Salt flats of NJ..pretty straight with no place for the police to hide. But very ugly and bumpy indeed.

i like 287 from the start by rt 17. ive done 140 in my gs400 on some of the straights. detector a must. also fun is rt 80 on the way into pa. but i dont know of any serious twisties in my area (northern nj)-i gotta get out more...

Theres a road behind the Raritan River starting in Raritan NJ and leading into North Branch called the 9 mile from whoever lives in this area. I don't know the actual name of the road. Its a great road to test your handling. I take all my cars there and play. Just watch because one turn you'll either end up in the river or in a brick fence.

I live in the area - where specifically is this? Off 202 or 22? Any landmarks to explain it better?

Ralph

• 2 months later...

About a mile from my house, this road goes directly up the Niagara Escarpment. A mile long with an increase in elevation of 180 ft, and two hairpin turns. :):):)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=105536096150348023292.00000112bbc914f98caea&om=1&ll=43.20272,-79.675105&spn=0.008947,0.023389&t=k&z=16

That's one of my favorite drives...I love the winding Lincoln Gap road up and down the mountian! (I was going to post it, but had to do it again before I could be sure which route it was on the map.)

We'll probably go home to the 'rents in Sept. taking that route.

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

by the duke estate? river road maybe? i had a friend who died there.. hit ice and went into a tree

Could be. I drive that road heading to the Somerville car show on Fridays. The road is OK but I wouldn't call it the best.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Ice is the worst.

Anyone notice the increase in motorcycle accidents lately? I guess everyone is buying a bike nowadays.

Ralph

Guest DJ Proez
Bear Mountain Road from the circle in front of the Mobil station to the bear mountain bridge. It's only good late at night though when no other cars are on the road because everyone likes driving 5 mph during the day.

Saw Mill Pkwy between NY and CT... :wub:
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

north bound on 1&9 right after the pulaski skyway running through belleville nutley newark and jersey city.. top speed a must!!!!!!

once i read "newark" and "jersey city" i imagined my rims all dented and my suspensions shot. :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Here is a crazy road in New Mexico I use to drive alot. Elevation change is 5000+ ft. Very dangerous, but good pavement and zero cops. Ever.

<[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=nf-488&daddr=Sandia+Park,+Bernalillo,+New+Mexico,+United+States&sll=35.177456,-106.384907&sspn=0.030307,0.079823&ie=UTF8&cd=1&om=1&msa=0&msid=105536096150348023292.00000112bbc914f98caea&ll=35.194012,-106.406021&spn=0.060602,0.159645&z=13]nf-488 to Sandia Park, NM - Google Maps[/ame]>

Archived