Official 1/4 Mile Time List Discussion Thread

rao

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep, and I need to have it by Weds! gotta tear the car down, so won't be too much more of a hassle since they're yanking the motor out to do the injectors and TGVs. That's about the only good thing. LOL. still sucks. I was really hoping to get thru the end of the summer.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I see all of these dyno sheets of 350whp+ LGT's on here, but no one as broken into the 11's yet?

oh, I'm sure someone has, but hasn't posted.

I'm hoping kiwi fella will this summer. will know soon (we hope).

I see all of these dyno sheets of 350whp+ LGT's on here, but no one as broken into the 11's yet?

That's what I'm aiming for, but I have to wait til I get back from Afghanistan first.

Just added this to the Official Timeslip and Fastest LGT (1/4 mile) Thread so i figured i would add this over here too.

Since the slip is kind of hard to read this is whats on it.

60FT: 1.878

330Ft: 5.414

1/8Mile: 8.354

1/8 MPH: 84.76

1000FT: 10.900

1/4 Mile:13.066

1/4 MPH: 103.96

My mods were Spec stage 2+ clutch, spec LWF, Hks catless up, xo2 catless dp, stock catback, x02 fmic, Gfb bov set to 100R, Accessport v2 Ta stage 2 E-map at 18.5 psi stock turbo stock airbox Sti 5 speed trans mount, and ACT crossmember busings. Perrin sts adapter perrin shiter bushings.

Here is a video of inside the car track runs. The 13.0 is the last run.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/stage-2-fmic-2005-subaru_182996.htm

Another in the car track video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/stage-2-fmic-2005-subaru_184892.htm

Outside the car video against a 350Z. I ran a 13.1 at 104.01 MPH 350Z got a 14.0 at 100.82 MPH

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/legacy-gt-stage-2-fmic-vs_193484.htm

Here is the thread about it all: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...rip+1%2F4+mile

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/kevkel50/timeslip2-1.jpg

Edited by kevkel33leg05

Hey ive loved the spec stage 2+ clutch since the day I installed it over a yr in a half ago. Its just shy of hitting 22K on it and still holding up strong. Just break her in and she'll treat ya good! Do you get chatter with the wrx flywheel? Thanks about the times too:)

Well, I've only got about 180 miles on this setup, but I get a bit of chatter if I release the clutch too slowly. I can pull out from a stop with no chatter or bucking, and the pedal effort is super light compared to the stocker.

someone has gotten to run 11's by now . I was just a non driving fool when I had my car . Stock exaust and suspension didn't help much . Also alot of the problems I had back when I had mine delt with the fact that no clutch was available to handle the power I was making . So track days were clutch bar-b-que days for me . So much fun to run on redline all the way down the track . I assume there are better clutches for the lgt by now ?

I would hope so. I just upgraded my OEM 08 STI clutch (completely fried at 14K miles) to an ACT Heavy Duty street clutch. supposed to be able to handle up to 550 ft-lbs tq.

Well, brought my friends 06 Legacy GT M5 to the track yesterday. 42,000 miles stock with the SPT short ram aka warm air intake.

This being the first time launching the car my 60 ft times aren't great, although I must say the clutch is a big fat POS already. It slipped off the line, ok that's expected but then slipped pretty well on the 1-2 shift. I say new clutch and a little more time behing the wheel for me and I'd be right at 14.0 @ 100 or close to it.

Anyways, onto the times.

First run out I slipped the clutch too much, missed 3rd I believe and got:

60 ft: 2.249

660: 9.538 @ 74.48 mph

1320: 14.761 @ 94.33 mph

Ok, I can definitely do better than that:

60 ft: 2.187

660: 9.330 @ 76.94 mph

1320: 14.437 @ 96.33 mph

That run I no lifted the 3-4 shift because even with my lightning quick shifts power dropped off too much for my liking. :)

Last run I flat footed every shift but biffed the launch because the kid next to me in the Civic had no idea what staging was and took forever. I ended up letting the clutch out a little too fast and bogged for this:

60 ft: 2.252

660: 9.436 @ 76.91 mph

1320: 14.515 @ 97.01 mph

Overall I did crappy in my book, but only in the launch department, my shifts were spot on except the first run but I've come to realize the stock shifter is just as poorly made as the clutch as far as performance goes. The 97 mph trap time impressed me the most because with my old 06 Speed6 my best time was only 13.9 @ 96.98 mph with a 1.836 60 ft. That's my main reasoning behind thinking I can nail 100mph or close with a good launch like that. Is that too far off from the truth or is it attainable? I have no idea what a stock 5 speed GT runs so let me know how I did and what the proper way is to launch one of these.

Launching the Speed6 was easy, rev to 4-4.5k, slip the clutch for a split second until you get moving and then dump it and you're off like a rocket. That 1.83 60 ft was before I even knew how to really launch it too so if I could figure out how to launch the LGT like that I'm curious as to what times I could get.

Although my buddy did say he wants at least a Stage 2 clutch by winter because even he knows the clutch is junk and he doesn't drive it as hard as I did at the track.

That run I no lifted the 3-4 shift because even with my lightning quick shifts power dropped off too much for my liking. :)

Last run I flat footed every shift but biffed the launch because the kid next to me in the Civic had no idea what staging was and took forever.

Sounds abusive.. but intriguing.. anybody else no-lift-shift at the dragstrip? I tried the FFS patch but couldn't get it to work without beating up timing.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Well, I got 5 runs in; used the FFS every time and the LC 3 times. The launch control definately helped my 60ft times, but I only bested a 1.850. The 1/4 run was 13.441@103.59mph. I trapped as high as 103.87 today, probably because of the new clutch and heatsoak issues.

The car wouldn't really seem to have power until the intake air got cooler when I picked up some speed. For a few runs, my intake temps were as high as 139* at the tree and only 86* after the traps. I even iced down my TMIC the best I could while staging. I'm going to hit another track next friday and sunday and hope it's a bit cooler outside.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you have any fuel system mods to run E85? Great time by the way.

Completely stock fuel system, but it is at the limit. I see ~ 96 - 97% IDC's on 11.76:1 gasoline equivalent AFR in high RPMs. I limit boost up top because of this.