LegacyGT.com

Why The Re92's Are A Great Tire!!!

cwmiller

Why are you being such a jerk? I'm done I suppose means that you're through chest-pounding?

I had a previous set on my old subaru too. The were shite in the winter after 20k.

I'm not sure what exactly is the point you are trying to make - you say the tires suck in the winter, yet you run them for 50 + k mi? Sounds pretty stupid to me, but whatever.

:confused:How am I being a jerk?

I stated my opinion ...

You stated yours....

I argued my opintion.

You argued yours.....

I decided it wasn't worth it and there was no point.... especially since I am in the minority.

Opinions are like .... well ... you know the rest.

Me.... I'll keep driving these until fall... then I'll put my other set on! :lol:

PS - just because my opinion doesn't match yours... it doesn't make yours right and mine stupid.

Just put the RE92s back on after wearing my General Exclaim UHPs down to the tread warning.

The tires were the first suspension component that I changed on the car. A great improvement especially in the rain. Then the stock struts and springs were swapped to jdm spec b rev a; sporty competence. Then Cobb f+r sways, driving inspiration. The icing on the cake was the offset fulcrum LCA poly bushings. By this time the LGT wagon was as fun to drive as the wife's M3. But then reality hit and after 50 k miles the brakes needed work and the tires were done.

The original re92s are back on until I can afford some new rubber, but I am a bit stunned by how much these tires suck the fun right out of the driving experience; even with all of the other tasty bits on.

Is there any way to improve the performance of the RE92s?!?

Just put the RE92s back on after wearing my General Exclaim UHPs down to the tread warning.

The tires were the first suspension component that I changed on the car. A great improvement especially in the rain. Then the stock struts and springs were swapped to jdm spec b rev a; sporty competence. Then Cobb f+r sways, driving inspiration. The icing on the cake was the offset fulcrum LCA poly bushings. By this time the LGT wagon was as fun to drive as the wife's M3. But then reality hit and after 50 k miles the brakes needed work and the tires were done.

The original re92s are back on until I can afford some new rubber, but I am a bit stunned by how much these tires suck the fun right out of the driving experience; even with all of the other tasty bits on.

Is there any way to improve the performance of the RE92s?!?

Yes, spray them with an adhesive.

- The Mortgage Man

Just put the RE92s back on after wearing my General Exclaim UHPs down to the tread warning....................Is there any way to improve the performance of the RE92s?!?

For dry performance, have them shaved.

My re92's lasted 43,000 miles. Now on Goodyear F1's. Let the fun begin!!!!:lol:

I had F1's put on my new Rotas a couple of weeks ago. I was in somewhat disbelief that a set of rubber could make that much of a difference in the handling.

Oh, but it does :wub: The Goodyear F1's are pricey, but damn I can't get over how much better the car handles.

Another thing I can't figure out. My gas mileage went up by 2 MPG :confused: The tire pressures are nearly identical to what I rode the RE92's at (33/34 PSI).

Well see if that holds over a couple more fill-ups.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Hey Gideon,

Il y a beaucoup de soleil :cool: C'est le paradis, non?

Still haven't cracked open that Zinfandel yet. But I think it is an endangered species. I've got some friends coming over this weekend to finish planning our meet and drive for the 27th and I think we'll wash down some baby backs with it.

Salut mon ami!

Hey Scott,

you know that the re-92s are possessed, so thats why the MPG was worse.

How's my favorite part of the country doing?

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Yeah..we miss it already.

Have your sweetie get that transfer ;) Houses here are getting more affordable everyday.

Why visit paradise when you can live in it?

I was just out at Lynmar 2 weeks ago to pick my Advocate's Club allotment. Liquid Sex I tell you, Liquid Sex!

OK, back to tires.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

http://www.trscca.com/trscca/results/041507_fin.htm

scroll down to "Tire PAX class"

I got first place with the RE92's..... no it wasn't a work of mad skill. What happened was the weather said it would be sunny and 55, but when we ran in the morning it was 38 and raining. Everyone else showed up in fancy summer tires. So even the sucky RE92 grip was better than theirs. The Novice and RTP/PAX class got to run in sunny and 55 in the afternoon.

I'm trying to tear them up, or find some nails to run over, to justify new tires to my wife. I can't wait to see what the car can do with some good rubber.

I've started doing some autoX with my 100% bone stock (uncluding tires) LGT and one thing I noticed:

In tight corners where others were having 1 or 2 wheels in the air, my 4 tires were on the ground, rolling on the outside front tire's sidewall making regaining control extremely difficult and I was just sliding sideways on dry asphalt. My front tires were inflated at 44 PSI BTW so there's no tire pressure excuse for rolling on the sidewalls.

So yes, I FRICKEN HATE my RE92's.

I had F1's put on my new Rotas a couple of weeks ago. I was in somewhat disbelief that a set of rubber could make that much of a difference in the handling.

Oh, but it does :wub: The Goodyear F1's are pricey, but damn I can't get over how much better the car handles.

Another thing I can't figure out. My gas mileage went up by 2 MPG :confused: The tire pressures are nearly identical to what I rode the RE92's at (33/34 PSI).

Well see if that holds over a couple more fill-ups.

are the f1's a different size? taller perhaps?

I've started doing some autoX with my 100% bone stock (uncluding tires) LGT and one thing I noticed:

In tight corners where others were having 1 or 2 wheels in the air, my 4 tires were on the ground, rolling on the outside front tire's sidewall making regaining control extremely difficult and I was just sliding sideways on dry asphalt. My front tires were inflated at 44 PSI BTW so there's no tire pressure excuse for rolling on the sidewalls.

So yes, I FRICKEN HATE my RE92's.

I did the same thing when i went to my 1st autox a couple years back. its amazing how much understeer you get with those tires. :spin: I know i get better hot dry traction with my winter tires.

I did the same thing when i went to my 1st autox a couple years back. its amazing how much understeer you get with those tires. :spin: I know i get better hot dry traction with my winter tires.

So the understeer won't be as bad with good tires? :icon_bigg

Archived