LegacyGT.com

Legacy photos..... nah GOT MY SI

the one I bought retailed for 42700 and I paid 38700

heated seats,sport package,bmw assist, heated seats,floor mats

On an 07B none without spoilers all retailed for 36500.

Best deal 34300.00

that is 4300 and if you factor the insurance cost and maintance plan you within 1500.

that is the math

I bet the bimmer will be worth 27k in 3 years will the b will be worth 18k

so your still 7k ahead and you drive a bimmer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36k out the door for an 07 Spec B??? that is 2k OVER sticker. Most don't sell at sticker, but let's stick to MSRP, because that is documented. Taxes are a percentage of the sale price. MSRP to MSRP should be a decent comparison.

I just went to BMW's site, and priced a 335i sedan. NO AWD, but that is fine.

Added:

Sparkling Graphite paint 495$

Sport, Premium and Cold Weather packages, because all three have aspects that the Spec B has standard, like heated seats and fold down back seats... Power seats, and the rest...

6-disk changer, because subaru has one in the dash.

Carpeted floor mats, a 125$ option, standard on Subaru.

Star spoke wheel upgrade (the least expensive dealer wheel option, but looks kind of like Spec B wheels, which are billed as upgrade from GT.) for another ~1400$

The BMW totals up to be 47,480. Subaru Legacy GT Spec B still at $33,900 Even with common accessories, like a block heater, and a spoiler, it is 35,051. If you were quoted high, then that is a problem between you and the dealer you spoke with. I am going with documentation, here.

$12,429 less. The figures don't lie. That is the difference.

I am pretty sure that a full exhaust and a stage 2 tune doesn't cost that much, and I am pretty sure that my stage 2 with just a cat-back makes 300+ horsepower, and about that much torque at the crankshaft, and weighs about 100lbs less, which is not much, but at least not heavier. And the 335i BMW still doesn't have AWD.

For $12.4k, a bigger turbo and tuning, suspension, tires, brake pads and lines, HIDs, and more substantial power upgrades can be had, that dollar for dollar will show the stock BMW some Subaru tail lights, if we are going for just pure dollar figure parity.

Add 2k to both... and more mods for both, and maybe the BMW tops out higher. It has two more cylinders and another turbo. But BMW mods aren't exactly cheap, either.

Keep in mind that I am using YOUR analogy. With a 5MT Legacy GT limited, rather than a Spec B, you can add almost 5K additional to that disparity.

As I said, BMWs are fine cars. They are more expensive. They just are. They are going to continue to be. So is a Caddilac, or a Lexus, etc. it is a fact of the marketplace.

But acting like BMWs are high and mighty, and the Legacy is not worthy is hardly borne out by the figures, and borders on fan-boi-ism. Volvo as well. Some of it is that you get what you pay for.

IF you had a bad experience with your Subaru, that is unfortunate, and I can understand your frustration, an I can even understand you changing to another car.

But you seem to be taking this very personally. What I don't understand is why you keep beating this drum that you have on a Subaru Legacy forum. Who are you trying to convert?

I do see the large print. BMWs are more expensive cars that Subarus are, and have some features that Subarus do not, for that extra money. That is all.

I forgot power

lag free 0-60 4.8

100-150 see ya

Zero to 60 mph: 4.8 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 11.8 sec

Zero to 140 mph: 26.1 sec

Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.6 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 13.5 sec @ 106 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 145 mph 155 with sport package and faster 0-60 times some test 4.5 to 4.6

Braking, 70–0 mph: 157 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.89 g

EPA fuel economy, city/highway: 19/28 mpg (C/D est)

1500 miled drived average mpg 26.2

So over 3 years 50k miles lgt 20mpg

335i 25 mpg

2500 x 3.00 is 7500

2000 x 3.00 is 6000

there is another 1500

premium is overkill and do you really fold down your seats.

compare the b which is the best subaru has to offer.

I shoped them hard,

see my previos post for the numbers.

By the time you add the gas difference it is razor close

Just price the sport package and heated seats and your good.

Still within 4 k of the b

I am glad you are happy with your BMW. Go have fun.

Premium package has features that the Spec B has standard, so I included it, as a fair comparison. I can't consider your opinion as fact, sorry.

I am not getting 20mpg on my Legacy. I got almost 27 overall (including in-town) last weekend, over about 400 miles. Extrapolate that for 50k miles, and even give up a couple miles per gallon, and it still is nowhere near 20. and I do have similar power levels to the BMW. Your experience isn't the only experience.

counting sweet deals and discounts on the BMW and then counting on over-charging on the Spec B is also not making your case. Exactly why I compared MSRP to MSRP.

I mentioned the GT Limited because it has the same engine and power levels as the Spec B, and costs exactly the same to tune for power. The price difference also can count toward suspension improvements. You can't say the same to step back from the 335 to the 328, and I only mention it as a sidebar. Besides, the 335 is hardly the "best that they have to offer" from BMW, with the ///M division counted. The e46 M3 has more power, and no turbos, and it is an older model. The upcoming M3 will have more yet, and a sedan body style.

And since when does the 07 Spec B not have a "real" 6MT??? it has 6 gears, does it not? it drives the wheels, (and all four of them, to boot) does it not? Are bilstein components somehow real on german cars, but not real on Japanese branded cars? your list seems like a diatribe, not a comparison.

Diatribes are different, and as I asked... who here are you trying to convert?

and, also, we should probably return to the topic of the Civic Si... BMWs can be discussed in their own thread.

Guess what guys! This friday I just picked up my new 07 Si here are some pics:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3300/img2208is5.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4262/img2209wf4.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7479/img2212fm5.th.jpg

Picked her up today, I love it. Quality is better than my Legacy, better looking paint, nicer interior.

I like the feel of an NA car, driving the Si's six speed is so much fun. I havent driven stick that much, but the cluch seems to feel great, very easy to drive.

How do you compare a striped down subaru to a striped down bmw??

Maintance plan??

By the time you modify the subaru and load it up your within a couple grand.

There is a comparison in fact.

The volvo is a bit refined for the average subaru guy.

The subaru has to prove itself while the volvos and bimmers have respect.

My mountain bike racer buddy went to the east coast last year with his trust funder girlfriend and her brother gave him the keys to his S4 to use for a week.

He said in his words all the subaru punks wanted to race him at the toll booths. He just floored it and the ricer boys were in the mirror.

when you get a bit older you will get it. hopefully more coin to get a better car.

wtf are you even doing here dude? go take your volvo love someplace else...(IDP- no, not the tuner)

Not bashing on your choice.. hell.. I almost traded the XT in on a TDI today after filling it up...

But... you say that the quality is 100x better than Subaru like Honda has never put out one car that's had any problems. You say the paint is better like you have driven it 100,000 miles and seen how it aged... and.. to each his own with that split dash interior... I can't even fit in the thing.

For those who know me, know that when a Honda thread like this comes up I bring out the story of dear old dad's '88 yellow Prelude that began rusting in all four wheel wells in 1990. R.I.P.

Not that the Si isnt a nice car, but Id rather have a real sports car and the only Civic I would get would be the hybrid.

Archived