LegacyGT.com

Legacy photos..... nah GOT MY SI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, thats the first time I have ever had one of my threads fill up with a bunch of haters :lol: .

Well, I guess not everyone knows me here, so I should have told everyone that I loved my LGT its an awesome car too. When I listed the pro's of the Si I should have posted all the pros about the LGT and why its really the best car in the world but I forgot... oops.

Anyway, LGT is a nice car but it's not for me, when I posted the things I like about the Si I didn't mean to put down Subarus but I guess it kinda came off that way. I got it cuz I wanted somthing thats NA and the K20 is an awesome motor for NA power, I wanted a coupe cuz I was tired of my friends being in it, somthing with better gas milage, and somthing stick. So far its really fun, the interior quality is definately better than my legacy and I like the crazy design. Everything "snaps" into place and it doent feel like the glove box will pop open and shake around like it did on my LGT. The window roll up isn't so lazy like it was on my LGT. The seats are awesome very comfortable and hold you in place, the driving position is really good and when your actually using the double teir dash its great you just look at the road and you see you speed and revs without looking down or to the side at all. The audio controls are really convenient, I didnt think I would care about them but its a nice little feature. The suspension is great it has a tight nimble feel that you just don't get from the LGT in its stock form. As for the paint, its prolly on the same quality as the LGT but it looks better, but that may be because its white not black. I never thought I would buy any color but black but Im glad I did, I already got some splashes on this but its nowhere near as bad as on the black, it seems like it will be a lot easier to keep clean. Just my personal experience, or "review" of the car so far, if you don't agree don't hate.

As far as modding and the "rice" goes, everyone who knows me and actually has seen my LGT will know that the Si will be clean. Im gonna clearbra and tint it sometime. Prolly powdercoat the wheels white, and do some suspension mods. I wanna get some red brembos and do a red on white sort of sceme on the car. Most mods will be down the road though Im gonna take my time and buy quality products, no more cheap tein springs and stuff.

Thank you to everyone who left a positive response.

Don't fear the overwhelming power of V-Tec people, embrace it and just be glad its on your side :lol:

^ no it cant

my friends are running kpro on their k20 swap hatches. with i/h/e+ kpro, intake mani, type r head, tb, injectors, fuel pump they are nettin around 230whp

hondata blows for kseries anyways...why go with anything else when there is kpro

Cool, thanks I didn't know that. I'd heard it from people on the SI boards, speculating before they'd dynoed and they sounded as if they knew it for a fact already, like that would be a safe estimate. I've seen people posting they got like 20 whp from an intake though, haha. I actually considered the Si for a long while.

I think less hate and more let down.

When you get the suby new they are great and then they start to decay.

First the stutter, then the rear defroster, then the ac, then the battery, then the paint peeling off , then the crap tires, then you try to sell it and wham you hate it.

Most euro cars as well as most hondas, toyotas, are so much better in so many ways.

I think less hate way more let down.

My v70R and 335i are classes away from the old rattle trap and the cost is similar

v70R 33900 new

335i 39000 new

lgt loaded 29k with a deal

spec B 35k

For the money there are tons of better cars

I like the Si a lot. Honda did a good job coming up with a design that separates itself from anything else on the road. Though, with Honda sales so high, it is going to be everything on the road. I don't like the dash design-- trying too hard to be funky. If they smoothed it out a bit, the car would be a winner.

^^ Meh. Put a few thousand in a legacy and you'll trample both those cars. If you're interested in a trouble-free, well-built car there's better options. If you want something that's sort of original (there's only a couple I've seen driving around here), mod-friendly, and lacking rice, an LGT's a good deal.

I do love the S60R's. I can't believe they nixed 'em.

Good choice in car!

I will always have a soft for Hondas and Acuras. They can be set up like go carts and the K-series, like posted above, is very mod-friendly.

And I think the manual transmission in Honda's is the best out there for the money. So precise.

Its a totally different car than a WRX or an MS3.

First the stutter, then the rear defroster, then the ac, then the battery, then the paint peeling off , then the crap tires, then you try to sell it and wham you hate it.

Most euro cars as well as most hondas, toyotas, are so much better in so many ways.

My v70R and 335i are classes away from the old rattle trap and the cost is similar

v70R 33900 new

335i 39000 new

spec B 35k

The thing is, all of those ways that you mention are somewhat superficial, except maybe the paint issues, due to the cost. and some of that stuff may be lemon-related, and every company has lemons.

Most japanese and european cars in the Legacy's class are FWD, without as much power.

The V70R that you mention is priced at $40,940 MSRP. I just checked. lesser models price in the 30s.

Audi A4 with Quattro starts over 31k for the 2.0, and over 37k for the 3.0 with as much horsepower as the GT.

The BMW 335i starts at 38.9k, and the 328xi at 36k.

The G35x starts at 33.9. The bargain basement G35 is 31.4k

Those are all MSRP.

The Legacy GT starts at 28.2, and goes up. The Spec B, 33.9k

That is not to say that the Legacy is the perfect car, and all those offerings offer more options than the Subaru. But they are more expensive, and either have 2 wheel drive, or AWD that may or may not be as good as Subaru's. They may or may not have the power that the Legacy GT does, or the option for a manual transmission. None of them have the boxer engine, and the resulting low hood line, and low center of gravity.

Tires can be changed. Defroster and AC repaired under warranty, as well as major paint problems. and lots of popular cars have bad initial depreciation, as well, with lots of used examples on the market, it becomes a buyer's market, not a seller's market. interior rattles are a nuisance, but hardly the most critical point of a car's acceptability.

Compromizes are to be made at this price point, no matter what you buy. If you were dissappointed, that is fine, and good that you moved on.

Personally, I would be dissappointed with a FWD economy car like the civic, regardless if the initial build quality appeared to be better. That is me.

Good luck to you that have moved on, and I hope you enjoy your cars, regardless of what cars they are. I enjoy mine, and plan to stick with it for a long time.

dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags

I was gonna say -- like the two cars are in anywhere near the same category no matter what you're measuring. Of course an econobox is going to be lighter & more tossable than a LGT -- so what? So is an 80s Corolla.

You were looking for something specifically NA. Was that to make sure you wouldn't make any useful power or just to make it incredibly expensive to do so?

A 200hp, 15-second car is not fast. It can be considered "quick" or "sporty" but it is not even approaching "fast." This track usually leads to Miata-style justifications such as "it may not be fast but it handles great."

I don't care how much fun it is and how well a car handles if you're still in my rearview. Note that this isn't specifically "you"; it's the theoretical "you" as in "anyone besides myself."

And don't get me started on the Civic's bi-level dash. People would be willing to buy them if they didn't have a dash at all so Honda doesn't really care what goes inside their cars. The only thing worse is the Saturn/Echo setup with everything in the center of the dash. That's the height of laziness!

dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags dickbags

Thanks for quoting that - I feel much better now.

I think less hate and more let down.

I think less hate way more let down.

v70R 33900 new

335i 39000 new

spec B 35k

Don't compare a loaded LGT w/ the starting prices of other cars that are still more expensive by a substantial margin. IMO the V70R looks terrible and at my age, I could never see myself buying one, and the 335i, you're the only one seriously comparing it to an LGT. Most people on this board would love to own a 335i let alone a 335xi. You can get a new LGT for 27.5k, I don't know of that many cars that you can get that are better at that price. If you like GTIs, MS3s, Altimas, Mustangs and a bunch of other cars that you either see everywhere or don't have AWD and/or turbo engines, that's simply your opinion, nothing more. I can barely name half a dozen cars for 28k that I would compare w/ the Legacy. I don't put the Legacy in the category w/ 328s or G35s.

How do you compare a striped down subaru to a striped down bmw??

Maintance plan??

By the time you modify the subaru and load it up your within a couple grand.

There is a comparison in fact.

The volvo is a bit refined for the average subaru guy.

The subaru has to prove itself while the volvos and bimmers have respect.

My mountain bike racer buddy went to the east coast last year with his trust funder girlfriend and her brother gave him the keys to his S4 to use for a week.

He said in his words all the subaru punks wanted to race him at the toll booths. He just floored it and the ricer boys were in the mirror.

when you get a bit older you will get it. hopefully more coin to get a better car.

Thanks Mike and those who understand that I am stating my personal opinions and impressions of the car, and understanding my own personal needs and preferences.

Its surprising how a community of people I felt I fit into can really start to hate so quickly.

As far as numbers go the LGT is about .5 secs faster in most comparisons. They are both just gonna come down to the drivers. All of the newer "high performance cars" are all so close, within fractions of seconds, they all come down to the drivers in them.

To me it just feels like the turbo is never there when you need it... mostly a result of my LGT being auto. I really like the close ratio gearbox of the Si, it always feels like it has enough power to get you moving right away. I also didn't like the "low compression" feel how its dead below 3000 rpms.

Geddyup,

I am not sure who you are addressing your rant to, but I'll bite, despite my better judgement that says to leave it lying on it's face, where it fell.

Comparing a stripped down Legacy to a stripped down BMW???

Last I checked, there isn't a whole lot to add to a base Legacy GT Limited. NAV, a spoiler, or an automatic trans. Hardly an options list. Everything is has standard, albeit not all that much.

A stripped down BMW comes with very little, with an extensive and expensive options list, and the base price STARTS higher. It is more expensive, and to get the fun stuff, is REALLY expensive.

Volvo is a bit refined???? This is the same Volvo that is built by FoMoCo, and has a turning circle with a longer diameter than a Mack Truck? Maybe it is, but it is, after all, a Volvo. A beige one. [from a Nicholas Cage movie]

Subaru has to prove itself? How about more WRC wins that pretty much everybody else, aside from maybe Audi of days past.

BMW may have a little respect left, but it hasn't exactly been making great strides with it's new designs. Volvo gets respect for safety. Oh, and Legacy has better ratings. Sorry.

I don't really care about a buddy's kill stories. so I'll leave that one. Easy for that to be a fourth hand exaggeration.

You really aught not go throwing age and experience around, when you don't know how old or experienced people are. Better coin for a better car is possible. I'll let you know when I buy a Porsche or an Aston, or not. Money and material goods aren't everything. Maybe the age and experience shoe is on the other foot... but I don't know you well enough to know for sure.

Volvos and BMWs are nice and all, but honestly, how many times has it been suggested that you take your heavy handed comments to another board that will appreciate them more?

iwanna

it takes a spec b loaded and very well modded to compete with a base 335i or xi

hids?

brakes?

ap?

up/down/headers/intake

custom tune?

real tread?

18x 8 wheels>?

bigger turbo?

fuel railes?

You can take a new 07B 36 out the door and add 6-8k not to mention time,

This will now run with the 335i and it cost more.

Do you see the logic. You if anyone could see the large print here.

Throw in the 4/50 maintance and you have a fair comparison.

I forgot a cat back and tune for 2k puts the 335i faster the a 100k 911 420whp

Lets here it now?????

:trolls:or the geddyup's for that matter.

"when you get a bit older you will get it"

geddyup, you are the one who needs to grow up. but oh, i forgot, you're just an insecure boy who thinks having a nice car+money = maturity.

I repeat

edit.gif report.gif sendpm.gif find.gif quote.gif qreply.gif

iwanna

hids?

brakes?

ap?

up/down/headers/intake

custom tune?

real tread?

18x 8 wheels>?

bigger turbo?

fuel railes?

Lets here it now?????

I have been huckin off 100' cliffs at jackson for 10 years not to mention riding for schwinn for 5 years.

I have worked hard for every penny I have and have the right to an opinion. unlike most of the posers around here.

huck off a 100 footer and then open your little trap.

iwanna

hids?

brakes?

ap?

up/down/headers/intake

custom tune?

real tread?

18x 8 wheels>?

bigger turbo?

fuel railes?

Lets here it now?????

But the budget is the biggest point. You should compare the LGT w/ other cars in the same class. You're the one who said there are a bunch of better options out there. Why don't you give me a some and most likely w/ the exception of the A4 which is 3k more than the LGT and maybe the MS6, none of them will have both turbo and all wheel drive.

Mike

Compare a retail 07B witha 335I

Before they raised delivery 38400 to 35799 for the b

3 grand is close enough

the suby has the nav and awd

the bimmer has everything

3 grand over 5 years is 60 a month

And my insurance is 300 a year cheaper then the spec b

over 5 years your half way there.

the bimmer will be worth a ton more in 5 years and throw in the grand for 50k of maintance

when you grow up, you'll realize how immature you sound.

yeah, all the posers on this board who don't have a right to their opinion:lol:

I repeat

I have worked hard for every penny I have and have the right to an opinion. unlike most of the posers around here.

huck off a 100 footer and then open your little trap.

So if your considering an 07B look at the 335i

It really is that close.

and you get a bmw with

hids

real suspention

real 6 speed

no rattels

no heatsoak

real brakes

great resale 50k of free everything(no tires)

great curb appeal

seats from heaven

4/50 bumper to bumper

good resale

new 07 design not 05 like the suby

low interior noise

great tunes

with mainance and lower insurance 500 bucks more and when your done a big pile of coin not a big let down.

So if your considering an 07B look at the 335i

t really is that close.

with mainance and lower insurance 500 bucks more and when your done a big pile of coin not a big let down.

and you get a bmw with

hids - Roads are very well lit here and they are seen as an annoyance

real suspension - better

real 6 speed - I prefer automatic

no rattles - better

no heatsoak - Lets wait until summer and see what owner's say then

real brakes - better

great resale 50k of free everything(no tires) - I like leasing

great curb appeal - looks like every other BMW

seats from heaven - I've sat in one and disagree, GMC has much better seats

4/50 bumper to bumper - that's good, but I get bored way before then

good resale - I lease

new 07 design not 05 like the suby - still looks like ever other BMW

low interior noise - how's the audio system?

great tunes - that answers my above question.

Archived