LegacyGT.com

Oh snap! Popped my claybar cherry!

Linky --> http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-liquid-car-waxes/Synthetic-Sealant

Its just as OCD says, rub it on (foam pad), let haze a little, wipe off (microfiber). Done. No pre-sealers.

NXT is very similar to #21 in fact they could be called twin products. NXT is more of a blend with Carnaubu while #21 is a pure sealant. #21 is slightly more durable on a daily driver.

thanks for all the advice, both of you! I was looking through the other thread at some of the pictures and can't wait to try it out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just clayed my car last weekend, too - first time I've ever used a clay bar! I went with the Clay Magic bar recommended by OCD and it worked like a charm. I followed the clay with the NXT, and my baby's looking good again! I absolutely love the NXT sealant for both the end result and how incredibly easy it wipes on and off.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

The NXT Spray Wax is a good product too. Just spray it on, let it dry a bit, and then buff it off. It isn't a quick detailer like most spray waxes. This one actually protects and makes the car look better. I love it over NXT. Just don't get it on your glass or plastic trim. You can spread it around if you get it close to the edges.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm sure there is. It just depends on what type of trim you got it on. A tooth brush and normal rubber/vinyl cleaner will work fine. Peanut Butter will also get it off. The peanut oil pulls the white stuff out of the plastic. Don't laugh.... it works. WD40 also works. Spray a rag and wipe the rag over the affected areas. Loads of solutions here for ya. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Claybarred the LGT today for the first time. Took me about 45 minutes to clay the whole car. This is what I spent 7 total hours of my day today:

1. Wash
  2. Clay (including exterior windows)
  3. Wash
  4. Let car dry
  5. Blue tape rubber parts (window moldings, sunroof, etc)
  6. Wolfgang paint polish
  7. Wolfgang sealant
  8. Remove all 4 wheels to clean and wax
  9. Vacuum carpet
  10. clean and condition leather
  11. Armor-All interior
  12. Clean interior windows

I'm a little dissapointed that white cars don't get as reflective as darker cars. Oh well...my 2.5 year old car looks almost brand new again.

I might tackle the engine compartment next week.

Claybarred the LGT today for the first time. Took me about 45 minutes to clay the whole car. This is what I spent 7 total hours of my day today:

1. Wash
  2. Clay (including exterior windows)
  3. Wash
  4. Let car dry
  5. Blue tape rubber parts (window moldings, sunroof, etc)
  6. Wolfgang paint polish
  7. Wolfgang sealant
  8. Remove all 4 wheels to clean and wax
  9. Vacuum carpet
  10. clean and condition leather
  11. Armor-All interior
  12. Clean interior windows

I'm a little dissapointed that white cars don't get as reflective as darker cars. Oh well...my 2.5 year old car looks almost brand new again.

I might tackle the engine compartment next week.

:needpics: ... this "post" :)

:whore: to that..... get the pics...

I was able to take a picture, then the camera ran out of batteries. I'll post it when I get home later. I've done a lot of driving since doing the detail and the car is dotted with dead bugs right now.

Sorry for the over exposure. I should've taken more pictures, but after 7 hours of detailing, I got too lazy to change the camera batteries.

http://home.comcast.net/~dpcanuela/sealed.jpg

Archived