LegacyGT.com

Automatic vs. Manual...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even though a legacy twin turbo is most likely a figment of your imagination. but each to there own...

A figment of imagination. Do a Google search legacy gt Twin Turbo, i imported mine from japan and last time i looked there was 2 turbo´s.

This again?? Wow, maybe I should trade in my AT for a bicycle..now that's driver control!!!

Only if it is a fixed gear bike. Guys who ride fixed gear bikes with no brakes in traffic are the only ones that really have bike control. Freewheels and brakes are for sissy.

LOL

If that's all you care about, it doesnt matter. One buys a manual because one likes to drive rather than be driven.

It's not about performance anymore, modern automatics are close in performance to manuals, but lack the pop and control a good driver has with a manual.

tanta makes the best point. I agree completely. It's hardly about performance. It's personal pref.

i prefer MT but bought an AT. i enjoy DRIVING (yes, i do actually drive my freaking car) my AT. i miss having a 6MT (when not sitting in traffic). I miss the performance and shifting as God intended (when I want to), however, I still love my AT and probably will continue to mod the hell out of it. as for the AT haters, well.... who cares what you really think. it's about personal preference. My next car will be 6MT no doubt, but i'm not about to give up my 5EAT either! I prefer to have my cake and 5EAT it too. (yes, i realize that was a very lame pun).
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i know manual transmission has a clear advantage over an automatic LGT from 0-60, but how do the 2 compare from 60-100? is manual any faster than automatic from 60-100?

The manual will be quicker simply because it puts out more HP to the wheels and is a bit lighter.

You can learn to work the A/T to shift where and when you want. The only issue I have with it is launching. It can be done, but at overall expense to the life of the tranny. There are plenty of other plusses...anyone who isn't happy with it should buy a stick next time. Anyone with a stick who has a problem with the A/T needs better things to waste their time with.

^^LMAO. Lame, man, just lame. Opinions _were_ asked. Seems like yet another insecure auto driver whining about auto haters.

Erm, okay, whatever. At least you're a cutie.

whatever :rolleyes: i find it ironic that most of the hating comes from the MT guys who have to prove their rights to have an MT vs AT. most of the AT owners probably could care less. but hey, thanks for the compliment.

:lol:

this thread SUCKS

The problem MT drivers have, is that majority of driving non-enthusiast drive AT (because of laziness, lack of mt driving education, etc) - so there is low supply of MT equipped cars.

And it simply is hard to believe that there are enthusiasts who still choose AT, further limiting demand for MT equipped cars, which makes manufacturer offer even less choices.

You live in Alaska. :|

There's traffic in Alaska?

uh right... we never have traffic. we just get around town on our dog sleds and go from igloo to igloo.

i live in alaska where no one in their right mind would ever want AWD...

The problem MT drivers have, is that majority of driving non-enthusiast drive AT (because of laziness, lack of mt driving education, etc) - so there is low supply of MT equipped cars.

And it simply is hard to believe that there are enthusiasts who still choose AT, further limiting demand for MT equipped cars, which makes manufacturer offer even less choices.

i believe you are right on the nose! and yes, i agree! it sucks that there are not more MT choices out there. the LGT is my very first AT car. i've always preferred MT (except trucks and SUVs). as i said before, i do miss my 6MT. however, tomorrow, our 2007 Pearl White STI arrives to it's new home: my 3 car garage. :)

If you have one leg, get the automatic.

If you have two legs, get the manual.

The choice seems pretty clear to me.

I don't even think that is fair. . .

My buddy has 1 leg and 1 knee-down prosthetic. . .and he still drives a manual. . . .

On top of that we have a race car driver here in town in a similar situation . . .

If the car comes with a manual buy the manual, that is the bottom line

i would have loved to have gotten a manual, but for the price I got my car at, and the lack of availability of a manual, I was stuck getting a 5eat. i am happy with the car though, and don't think that it's that incredibly boring to drive just because i don't have to saw through gears and kick the clutch all the time oh well...:rolleyes:
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

I don't even think that is fair. . .

My buddy has 1 leg and 1 knee-down prosthetic. . .and he still drives a manual. . . .

On top of that we have a race car driver here in town in a similar situation . . .

If the car comes with a manual buy the manual, that is the bottom line

Well the guy that I know that has a prosthetic leg and hates automatic transmissions - but can't drive a manual because of his handicap. :(

I told him about paddle shifters and now he's getting a BMW.

uh right... we never have traffic. we just get around town on our dog sleds and go from igloo to igloo.

i live in alaska where no one in their right mind would ever want AWD...

Oh, that's right Alaska has everything the big cities have. Traffic. Glamour. Yeah. Silly me. Thanks for straightening me out.

ive been to alaska and they do have alotta stuff there :shrug: i just felt bad for the senor class @ the town i went to. their graduating class had 9 boys and 2 girls... imagine the prom! :lol:

i graduated with 492 in my senior class. prom was not an issue. ;) but yes, pretty much the statics: 6:1 male:female

Oh, that's right Alaska has everything the big cities have. Traffic. Glamour. Yeah. Silly me. Thanks for straightening me out.

yes, silly you. we have everything to offer as the big cities: crime, murder, glamour, traffic, annual dividend for residents, one of the lowest unemployment rates and highest pay, booming economy, and mukluks ;)

Archived