LegacyGT.com

Automatic vs. Manual...

You guys are funny. If you'd simply read the posts, and take the words for what they mean, then you'd be far less upset. Peeps seem to read between the lines and take out what they want to take out.

Quoting my first post in this thread:

"LOL

If that's all you care about, it doesnt matter. One buys a manual because one likes to drive rather than be driven.

It's not about performance anymore, modern automatics are close in performance to manuals, but lack the pop and control a good driver has with a manual. "

I never said anything dissing autos in this post. I say there's little difference. I said if you don't care it doesn't matter, but if you want control, you'll have more with a manual.

Then some prissy chick gets her panties in a bunch about how MT owners are insecure and blah blah blah, a fight breaks out. Pretty soon a hockey game will break out.

LOL

Peeps are so immature on the intraweb. I'm not sure it's worth trying to contribute on these forums anymore by expressing my opinions about things - it's just a point of view, there are no points or awards or demerits for getting the most people to agree with your opinions about this shit. I'm posting trying to help others figure out what they want. I post a lot of opinions about tires, for example, but I don't tell people what to buy - I simply share what I've experienced and what I've read about other people's experience - 99% of people dont know shit about tires, so I try to help them understand. Same with manual vs automatic

Sheesh.

Immature? Dropping down to the level of personal attacks does not exactly boast maturity. Condescention doesn't either...

Vibe is not some "prissy chick". She probably knows more about our subies than most on the board. Just because she is female gives you no right to start slinging that crap. I think you owe her an apology.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Immature? Dropping down to the level of personal attacks does not exactly boast maturity. Condescention doesn't either...

Vibe is not some "prissy chick". She probably knows more about our subies than most on the board. Just because she is female gives you no right to start slinging that crap. I think you owe her an apology.

Cool, whatever.

You guys are funny. If you'd simply read the posts, and take the words for what they mean, then you'd be far less upset. Peeps seem to read between the lines and take out what they want to take out.

Quoting my first post in this thread:

"LOL

If that's all you care about, it doesnt matter. One buys a manual because one likes to drive rather than be driven.

It's not about performance anymore, modern automatics are close in performance to manuals, but lack the pop and control a good driver has with a manual. "

I never said anything dissing autos in this post. I say there's little difference. I said if you don't care it doesn't matter, but if you want control, you'll have more with a manual.

Then some prissy chick gets her panties in a bunch about how MT owners are insecure and blah blah blah, a fight breaks out. Pretty soon a hockey game will break out.

LOL

Peeps are so immature on the intraweb. I'm not sure it's worth trying to contribute on these forums anymore by expressing my opinions about things - it's just a point of view, there are no points or awards or demerits for getting the most people to agree with your opinions about this shit. I'm posting trying to help others figure out what they want. I post a lot of opinions about tires, for example, but I don't tell people what to buy - I simply share what I've experienced and what I've read about other people's experience - 99% of people dont know shit about tires, so I try to help them understand. Same with manual vs automatic

Sheesh.

LMAO. wow... now i'm a prissy chick? you obviously have me mistaken with some other "prissy chick." i am anything but prissy. i don't believe ANYONE who knows me or has ever known me has ever described me as prissy. :lol: however, i do have a little dog named Prissy.

you make me laugh. now i can post this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/Pics%20for%20posting/caution.gif

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh right... we never have traffic. we just get around town on our dog sleds and go from igloo to igloo.

i live in alaska where no one in their right mind would ever want AWD...

I like both but the Manual just mates up so well with this turbo motor it is just too cool to pass up. Down sides, wants a clutch later in life. Do allot of stop and go in traffic, you might think it a drag...I like it in traffic keeps me from knodding off.:eek::spin::spin::eek: You're busy driving the car, and not hold your cell phone blabbing like I see people do. With a manual one to steer, one to shift.

The greatest sports cars always before had manuals. You pick the ones you like. Like the Lgt, the older muscle cars, older european or asian cars, manuals are an extension with why you buy the sport(ty) car in the first place.

Manumatics,DSG etc. are cool though, but that dance with the stick clutch and steering are so rewarding when you do it right. :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Archived