LegacyGT.com

Automatic vs. Manual...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have one leg, get the automatic.

If you have two legs, get the manual.

The choice seems pretty clear to me.

no i already have an automatic and was just curious. and i understand what u mean about getting a manual but with the amount of city driving i do its just would be inconvienent and all they had were automatic gt's at the dealership near me.

LOL

If that's all you care about, it doesnt matter. One buys a manual because one likes to drive rather than be driven.

It's not about performance anymore, modern automatics are close in performance to manuals, but lack the pop and control a good driver has with a manual.

Fortunately I didn't have to decide between MT or AT, the car only comes in MT. >90% of my daily driving is city driving in traffic and I don't mind it a bit. I love to drive and I love the feel of a MT. If I have to break my leg using the clutch in heavy traffic, it is a minor price to pay for the thrills of backroad spirited driving.

Well, put it this way man, if ur gonna drag race, or autox or whatever, Get the MT. if u just need the car for like city driving etc. get the AT.

Oscar

Nah. It's simple. If you want to enjoy driving your car get MT.

My auto is the the ******* TITS! its faster than god with a superchargedturbo donkey!!......:rolleyes: manual is waaaaaaaaay bettern auto, i have auto its balls kinda. In answer to your question, i am guessing they are around the same.

Hi i am new here and i would not like to upset anybody on my first post,

I have a auto box on my Legacy Twin Turbo 0-60 time in 6 sec not bad for a station wagon, the manual box on the car also does it in 6 sec, but with the auto box i have the luxury of relaxing when city driving.

But each to there own.

iono what u guys are talking about, my auto lgt romps m3s ALLLL day and all i gotta do is sit back and push a lever down

Let's not get crazy here. I came to the LGT from a 97 M3, and you're not romping anything. Not unless the M3 drivers don't know how to drive.

YA.

unless ive got about 12k invested into my car :) 6 or 7 in power adders and tuning...

I actually picked my car up from an old member of theese forums not to long ago. he already had quite a stage 2+ setup going. i fixed it up, added a few more boltons, took care of some odds an ends & got it tuned. ;)

the m3s could drive alright... behind me

Hi i am new here and i would not like to upset anybody on my first post,

I have a auto box on my Legacy Twin Turbo 0-60 time in 6 sec not bad for a station wagon, the manual box on the car also does it in 6 sec, but with the auto box i have the luxury of relaxing when city driving.

But each to there own.

6 sec 0-60 km/h? you need to get on it a lil' quicker, guy! glad to hear subie is being represented in germany, even though a legacy twin turbo is most likely a figment of your imagination. but each to there own...

Archived