LegacyGT.com

Question for Florida residents

BDII

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to far from me.........

Lots of great ares around there;)

What area in particular are you looking @?

There are quite a few members from those ares on the boards.

BTW.....No income tax.....no vehicle inspection......low property taxes.....

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

My parents and grandparents have all migrated down there and I am considering following suit.

I have really fallen in love with mountain biking, and yes I know there are no mountains in florida.... but there are 100 miles of trails that remain open year round.

The thought of riding year round is music to my ears. I considered Cali too, but that seems a little far for me.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Do you like heat coupled with extreme humidity? Do you mind being crowded by old people? Can you speak spanish so that you can place an order at McDonald's? Do you have a small fortune to blow on homeowners insurance?

If you ordered yes to the following questions...come on down! :D

I live in Jax...

Cost of living is OK....great mountain biking here....not as many old people as in TPA.

We kinda have 'seasons' if you can call it that...it can get into the 20s in Jan....

Overall, this is great place to live. I am from Boston and went to school in NH so I know all about the snow and cold....

Rehab is for quitters.

I live in Jax...

Cost of living is OK....great mountain biking here....not as many old people as in TPA.

We kinda have 'seasons' if you can call it that...it can get into the 20s in Jan....

Overall, this is great place to live. I am from Boston and went to school in NH so I know all about the snow and cold....

Thanks man... that was the push I was looking for.:cool:

I'm flying down next month to check it out the scene and to see if its condusive to my addiction to mountain biking.

Im so tired of NE.... here it is the middle of April and I have ridden ONCE!!!!

Cant wait to see FLA for the first time...:wub:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

my point stands. hardly the same thing without some elevation. I grew up at the beach and know how much fun sandy trails are to ride </sarcasm>

not to derail the thread however. we've actually looked at listings around Lakeland, just to see what the market is like. Got a possible deal in the works that might take us down Tampa way.

Sweet Lakeland is where I be;)

If looking @ a map of Lakeland make sure you are not north of Memorial Ave......

Stay on the south to southwest side of Lakeland

If you are north of Memorial.......YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaawwwwww!!!!!

BTW Lakeland does have a few areas great for trail riding. Reclaimed phosphate mines are all over:):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

my insurance company announced yesterday they will issue no new homeowner policies in Florida. so much for the thought of moving there, eh?

There are still plenty of companies writing homeowners policy's here...unless you live right on the coast....

Hey Opie (or any other Bay Area folks), know anything about New Port Richey? I've got an interview there next week... it seems pretty sleepy, but only a half hour away from Tampa/St. Pete, where I'd like to end up. At least it's on the water; 7 years landlocked in Gainesville is killing me.

Archived