LegacyGT.com

Question for Florida residents

BDII

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Opie (or any other Bay Area folks), know anything about New Port Richey? I've got an interview there next week... it seems pretty sleepy, but only a half hour away from Tampa/St. Pete, where I'd like to end up. At least it's on the water; 7 years landlocked in Gainesville is killing me.

New Port Richey (known as NPR around here) is not the nicest place...if your going to work in NPR, I'd live somewhere close-by like Land O'Lakes...

New Port Richey (known as NPR around here) is not the nicest place...if your going to work in NPR, I'd live somewhere close-by like Land O'Lakes...

It really depends about NPR. Off of East Lake Rd/McMullen the housing is very nice. Off 19 its horrible and makes you wonder sometimes. It's going to slowly improve as Pinellas is becoming more and more crowded everyday, hence why Trinity was created.

Here's another one; how long do you think the real-world commute would be from approximately the Lois Ave. exit on 275 to NPR? Google says it's 35 miles and it seems like a straight shot up 589 then 54. Any idea if those roads are particularly bad going north/west in the morning and vice versa at night? Would I want to kill myself doing that every day? The only advantage I can think of is that it seems like I'd be going against the flow of traffic both ways. Thanks for the help, by the way.

/edit: What about Tarpon Springs, Crystal Beach and/or Dunedin? I'd almost prefer to live a little further from work if it meant being closer to Tampa-St. Pete.

Here's another one; how long do you think the real-world commute would be from approximately the Lois Ave. exit on 275 to NPR? Google says it's 35 miles and it seems like a straight shot up 589 then 54. Any idea if those roads are particularly bad going north/west in the morning and vice versa at night? Would I want to kill myself doing that every day? The only advantage I can think of is that it seems like I'd be going against the flow of traffic both ways. Thanks for the help, by the way.

/edit: What about Tarpon Springs, Crystal Beach and/or Dunedin? I'd almost prefer to live a little further from work if it meant being closer to Tampa-St. Pete.

The bottleneck on those roads is where 589 meets the Hwy60/275 area is a horrible interchange that always backs-up. The good news, and bad news is that it is currently under re-construction...so it will get better...but it will get worse first! :)

See, it's not just old people and alligators!

Stewie Griffin: Mm, Florida. Just think somewhere in this state right now Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy! :lol::lol::lol:

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

He is out, new Gov. is a Republican (Charlie Christ) he is from Pinellas county.

Florida is very much a blue state, other than S. Florida. The last If I recall the last 4 Presidential elections Florida went Rep.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived