LegacyGT.com

Question for Florida residents

BDII

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's another one; how long do you think the real-world commute would be from approximately the Lois Ave. exit on 275 to NPR? Google says it's 35 miles and it seems like a straight shot up 589 then 54. Any idea if those roads are particularly bad going north/west in the morning and vice versa at night? Would I want to kill myself doing that every day? The only advantage I can think of is that it seems like I'd be going against the flow of traffic both ways. Thanks for the help, by the way.

Yes, you would be against the flow at those times making it fairly easy. SR54 from the Veterans Expressway (589) to US19 is 6 lanes divided. It really only starts slowing down once you get west of Little Rd and thats just because of the lights.

/edit: What about Tarpon Springs, Crystal Beach and/or Dunedin? I'd almost prefer to live a little further from work if it meant being closer to Tampa-St. Pete

All have good and bar areas. Def check them out thoroughly. Tampon Springs has areas that are prone to flooding...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1140504#post1140504

Hows it down here? Yeah... For me car insurance is up 50%, housing is up about 400%, Gas is up 40 cents a gallon on average, people cant drive, I have 2 big, new bumper corner scratches on my leggy, my wifes car was wrecked- a first for either of us and we are in our mid 30's, her bumper was a hit and run a second time in a parking lot- this also destroyed her taillight AFTER THE FIRST DAMAGE WAS REPAIRED- about a week later, she took a 50% pay cut, I took a 75% pay cut. Oh and the beach is kinda cool if you dont mind driving with idiots a couple hours to a remote beach. Weve been here 8 months by the way..... I used to cycle and mtn bike BEFORE I moved here. Carry a sidearm, and stay away from any vehicular traffic. Half are drunk, and the other half uninsured. You will probably be mugged of your bike anyways since the crime is atrocious as well. There is a reason Tampa has a "tent city". Ive never seen so many bums in my life. feral domestic animals are also out of this world here, so my neighbor called animal control to set traps next door to me and 4 other cat households luring animals WITH CANNED CAT FOOD 50 FEET AWAY WITH NO PRIOR WARNING. One of my cats was exterminated. Oh yeah, hes a prominent attorney here. Guess he wont be able to figure out why both his car motors blew after i drained oil out of both.

Oh and did I mention the pay is absolutely atrocious? Good luck with what you decide. Maybe the NE isnt much different?

My advice? Move to Athens, GA and visit the family on weekends. This would open up outer Atlanta for income purposes, and cost you nothing to live, and have a party town if needed- with many rural state parks nearby ... The tallest appalachians are less than 3 hours. Shorter mtns being an hour away.

I just got back from Athens on a short term job making $24.00 an hour, but cant get a job anywhere in Florida. Go figure. The problem is so many idiots work for nothing to be at the beach, and there is a HUGE lack of any professionalism anywhere- including the medical profession. The most common salary siphon argument is, "But this is Florida- everyone wants to be here." Ive heard it 4 times already at 4 different companies. If you dont like it, they just get an idiot to do the same job for half what you would.

I would have recommended Nashville, TN, but I think the family reason puts that out of the question.

Well, good luck. I hope it works better for you here.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1140504#post1140504

Hows it down here? Yeah... For me car insurance is up 50%, housing is up about 400%, Gas is up 40 cents a gallon on average, people cant drive, I have 2 big, new bumper corner scratches on my leggy, my wifes car was wrecked- a first for either of us and we are in our mid 30's, her bumper was a hit and run a second time in a parking lot- this also destroyed her taillight AFTER THE FIRST DAMAGE WAS REPAIRED- about a week later, she took a 50% pay cut, I took a 75% pay cut. Oh and the beach is kinda cool if you dont mind driving with idiots a couple hours to a remote beach. Weve been here 8 months by the way..... I used to cycle and mtn bike BEFORE I moved here. Carry a sidearm, and stay away from any vehicular traffic. Half are drunk, and the other half uninsured. You will probably be mugged of your bike anyways since the crime is atrocious as well. There is a reason Tampa has a "tent city". Ive never seen so many bums in my life. feral domestic animals are also out of this world here, so my neighbor called animal control to set traps next door to me and 4 other cat households luring animals WITH CANNED CAT FOOD 50 FEET AWAY WITH NO PRIOR WARNING. One of my cats was exterminated. Oh yeah, hes a prominent attorney here. Guess he wont be able to figure out why both his car motors blew after i drained oil out of both.

Oh and did I mention the pay is absolutely atrocious? Good luck with what you decide. Maybe the NE isnt much different?

My advice? Move to Athens, GA and visit the family on weekends. This would open up outer Atlanta for income purposes, and cost you nothing to live, and have a party town if needed- with many rural state parks nearby ... The tallest appalachians are less than 3 hours. Shorter mtns being an hour away.

I just got back from Athens on a short term job making $24.00 an hour, but cant get a job anywhere in Florida. Go figure. The problem is so many idiots work for nothing to be at the beach, and there is a HUGE lack of any professionalism anywhere- including the medical profession. The most common salary siphon argument is, "But this is Florida- everyone wants to be here." Ive heard it 4 times already at 4 different companies. If you dont like it, they just get an idiot to do the same job for half what you would.

I would have recommended Nashville, TN, but I think the family reason puts that out of the question.

Well, good luck. I hope it works better for you here.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I will agree with VX on one thing.....you do not come to Florida to make $$. I was offered a position about 6 years ago just outside of Pittsburgh doing basically the same thing I am doing now but making about 60% more than I currently am..........

Cost of living in other aspects is basically the same

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived