LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 - Suspension Choice.. Help me

MaStaMooN

Which set up?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which set up?

• Expensive struts & springs
    • Cheap coilovers

So Im still in the hunt for a set up for my car.... The more I read, the less decisive I become. At first I was going to buy H-Techs and cusco sways for my car.. but heard the H-Techs are kinda soft... So then I switched to wanting the Cobb Springs w/ Cobb Sways... but Im hearing that the springs arent all that stiff vs. stock neither, so I dont think I want those either.

Im TDC tuned Stage 2 w/ TMIC and am possibly going to be Stage 3 (small turbo upgrade, nothing huge) at some point. So what im finding is most of these spring only replacements are not up to the task of keeping a stage 2 car from really lifting on acceleration and diving on braking. 2 things I really want to quiet down or remove... So it seems that there are 2 options for me... Bilstein HD's and Pinks or coilovers. With the Bilstein/Pink option costing as much as a set of lower end coilovers im having a hard time figuring out what I really want.

My car is 100% street driven.. No autocross or drag strip. No street racing, but i do like to put the pedal down any chance I get. I dont like to tinker with things, so if I did pick coilovers, they would end up being set at a certain height and would be done (most likely). So Im kinda leaning towards the HD's and Pinks... but worry that they wont be enough and Ill have to go through redoing this all again.

So what does everybody think, springs & struts or coilovers? Expensive springs and struts or cheap coilovers might be a better way to put it.

Thanks and sorry for the book. :)

I'm having the same concerns and that is with stock power. I have been looking closely at the Ohlins fixed perch struts that are being made available.

I thought the Ohlins were going to be a lot more than HD/Pinks or cheap coilovers.....probably twice the price for just the damper.

In the ohlin review thread, RCE posted in a link that they are "CLOSE-ish" to $1.8k - $1.9k... so they are up there.

Actually the price was posted in that thread and then removed a few minutes later...

Initial price is $1999, original price is $2199

I have H-tech on my wagon. The first 6 months it was great. Nice ride and not too low. Now I went stage 2 with a TDC map and it squats as bad as stock to where it will bottom out in 1st and 2nd if I really get on it. I think it is because the wagon is heavier then the sedan. I look at the Tein basic coil overs at $800. You can adjust the height but not the dampers. I talked to a few members with the Basic. They like them but said they would be too soft for racing. I ended up going with the KW's ($1500) because I have a wagon. I will put the KW's on this weekend and I can give you a comparison.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived