LegacyGT.com

08 Tribeca facelift pic

erito

Looks kinda like a Pontiac

So the 3.6L has slightly more power than the LGT, yet the fuel economy is 20 city, 25 highway (according to new EPA standards if I heard correctly) while a LGT automatic is 19 city, 25 highway (old standards). Hmmm....I wonder how much weight this engine would add to a Legacy. Why are we wasting our time with the 3.0R cause obviously if the 3.6L were put into the Legacy the gas mileage would prolly be pretty good if its that good in a heavy Tribeca. Id give it an estimate of 22 and 28, but I could be completely wrong.

Move over 2000-2004 Legacies, the 3.0R is the new blacksheep in the family.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this front is a lot better than the other

good going SOA

but you could have done without that slot in the bumper like this....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/tribeca.jpghttp://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/tribeca.jpg

this front is a lot better than the other

good going SOA

but you could have done without that slot in the bumper like this....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/tribeca.jpghttp://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/tribeca.jpg

but, why would you ever want to get rid of that not only stylsih but extremely useful air intake! just imagine all that air it pulls.. into.. the bumper beam.:confused: oh wait. ok maybe they should have gotten rid of it.;)

now it's just another SUV at least before you could tell what it was. bosco

I agree. I hated the pig nose on the Impreza but I thought the Tribecca looked good with it. This is as bland could be. Might as well be a Ford Fusion. And that's not good.

Does it matter? The LGT doesnt have em. ...well mine does, but not every generation can be as good as the BD/BG.

LGT wagons and outbacks do.:)

180940(1).thumb.JPG.40d7dfb3086c0f0401192bde8287ad72.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Personally I think yellow is safer. Red is a color intended to show slowing or stopping, yellow is a hazard or directional signaling color. Simple as that.

I'm not kidding when I say it was one of the many things that I considered when getting the wagon.

I agree with you. I never like all red in the back. And I like that my LGT has 2 sets of brake lights on each side. I hate seeing old neons that only have the middle brake light workin. Annoying....get some new bulbs!

Without increasing the physical dimensions of the power unit, the displacement was expanded from 3.0 to 3.6 liters, which was made possible primarily through design changes involving expanded bore dimensions and a longer stroke.

Hmmm. Sounds like a good improvement, but I'm going to hold judgement on this engine until we see some real-life usage. Subaru's recent track record with bigger bore/longer stroke engines is not that great -- EJ25 Phase I and Phase II HG problems come to mind.

Ken

SLegacy99, strange. We've had memory seats, rear camera and VDC as standard equipment on the Tribeca since the model was introduced....

I wonder if the JDM Tribeca will look as the US model?

Personally i would prefere this front:

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news/2070202.008/2070202.008.1L.jpg

I think both ends, and the side looks like the hyundai santa fe, with a few less curvy character lines.

If subaru "learned the lesson that bold designs don't sell" and that they should copy all the rest of the bland stuff on the market, I think they learned the wrong lesson.

Bold and GOOD sells. Bold and BAD does not sell. Boring sells, but there is a lot of other competition from much bigger companies.

If they have become gunshy from trying some bold things, that could be good or bad. It could prevent them from producing more uglyness... Which they certainly don't need.

But it could stifle any ounce of good design that might be on the drawing board right now...

Tribeca is better, but now just a follower, and possibly relegated to "also-ran" status.

WRX has gone from unique and slightly boxy, to downright ugly, banal and derivative.

This is not a good trend for Subaru, but is a turn-around even possible, design-wise now? Or are they being shamed into a position where they will only design copys of other boring cars?

That is why the decision isn't just Bold vs Muted design.

They should be trying to find an aesthetically pleasing version of a unique design, rather than just different to be different, or the same just to be the same.

I am betting that if Subaru was ever going to introduce a coupe, or other special model... that spark of possiblity is well extinguished, with the response to the first tribeca, and now the 08 not-Impreza'd.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Cobb showed that with the right details, the 'Beca could look downright mean. I am sure that the STi version of the new Impreza will be much better than the WRX.

What I sincerely hope is that Subaru doesn't get the wrong message from all of this. They mess up some details in a bold design. Ok, so correct the details. Instead they seem to be backing down completely to bland. That's very much the wrong way to go for a small company.

And, as always, they need to make a decision on their identity and apply it consistently.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived