LegacyGT.com

08 Tribeca facelift pic

erito

^+1 I think the new torque figures will shut people up pretty quickly. The number one complaint was that it "felt slow". Nothing fixes that better than increasing torque, I bet it feels much different now even though the HP numbers are close.

Like I said the crossover segment is all about being similar. Rav4, Santa Fe, CRV, Edge and now Tribeca all pretty much look the same :) Pick your loyalty and price

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same pic as the first but inline for those too lazy to click...

Looks like the big brother to the Santa Fe in pics...I bet it'll look good in person.

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2007/04/medium_444848321_76f00b0fde_o.jpg

I hope they were able to create a little more rear leg room...One would think a baby seat would fit in a 7 passenger SUV!!!

My wife is already plotting to get a CX-9 next...this may sway her back to Subaru from Mazda but I doubt it...

The back does look better, tail lights, and bumper. it looks a lot more defined.

I still wish that the Legacy had the Tribeca's three LCD dials for the Climate controls. Leave the Legacy dash itself alone, or use the new JDM version with the matte black face, but put those dials where the climate control stuff is... (and make the stereo plate changeable, and separate from the climate control circuitry.)

But that is too much wishful thinking.

At least the new Tribeca is something worth considering, rather than the previous abomination.

Meh...

Now it looks like every KIA SUV out there.

At least the last version was distinctive.

I think Subaru have realised that being bold doesn't sell cars. Yes it might look like a Kia, or a Hyundai, or a Ford, but if that's what it takes to sell cars, then that's what they'll do.

Bland styling with better than average quality and reliability should sell, as long as it's priced right.

Perhaps, that's why they went very conservative with the new Impreza too ?

The enthusiasts might hate it, but they don't really care about what we think.

I think Subaru have realised that being bold doesn't sell cars. Yes it might look like a Kia, or a Hyundai, or a Ford, but if that's what it takes to sell cars, then that's what they'll do.

Bland styling with better than average quality and reliability should sell, as long as it's priced right.

Perhaps, that's why they went very conservative with the new Impreza too ?

The enthusiasts might hate it, but they don't really care about what we think.

That's it! They've upgraded the 07 LGT with more luxury look wood trim and wheels, now they've done it with the WRX too, they're definitely looking to hit the general market by advertising their performance with less radical design might draw more than just car enthusiasts

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

FINALLY some pictures......

I personally love the rear look :)

I am not a huge fan of the front but it is better, more mainstream, and isn't that what all of us (that complained about the previous version) wanted ? Plus most cars now days have someting common in design, for a subaru, I think they did pretty good.

It does look much better, but if I am looking for something that size, and style is important, I am looking at a Buick Enclave.

If I am looking for something a little smaller, I am looking at a Santa Fe.

It is still ugly.

I like the new loook. The only thing I would have liked to see stay got taken away: The Porsche like headlamps. I liked those! Overall, like someone else said, they are going to bland normal styling to get the masses. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this will lead to higher sales and allow them to do the occasional "fun" trim on cars we like. :) Who knows....... I don't! :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I think they will have a nice seller there...at least better.

The Saab picture reminded me that orginally the 9-7 was built on the Tribeca platform then when GM sold their stake they flipped that platform to the Trailblazer platform.

I sat in one at the Chicago Auto Show the year they unveiled the B9 and loved it. It had the beautiful interior of the B9 and the distinctive looking Saab nose (that I love).

Archived