LegacyGT.com

Australia to get Liberty tuned by STi

msb175

I know it probably makes no difference, but I emailed SOA asking flat out if we are going to get a LGT Sti in which of course their reply was nothing is planned for the US market, but the request was forwarded to the future product planning. SO maybe as a community if we email enough requests maybe they might think about releasing one to the US market.

Ask for a wagon while you're at it...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask for a wagon while you're at it...

Trust me I'm not holding my breath about it. I just thought that maybe if we as a large group mass emailed them for it, maybe they might get a clue about what their customer base actually wants instead of the bean counters telling us what we want.

oh my word!! what the hell were they thinking with... car parts horse?! WTF?!

If I'd walked into a Subaru showroom with a big poster of that hideous horsework, I'd have the undying urge to get out of there. Nice car though. (stll don't know why they call it a Liberty)

In Australia one of the organisations that looks after deceased serviceman's widows and families is Legacy. At the time the Legacy was introduced to Australia, the idea of calling it that was floated IIRC. The war veterans were generally not happy with the idea (the fact Subaru is Japanese didn't help - I suspect if it was a Renault Legacy no one would have got upset). So Liberty was adopted as the name for the range here in Aus. One of those "storm in a teacup" things but sure Aus is like the rest of the world - you don't deliberately want to p*ss off the war vets...

Thanks for the info.

how about Si Drive and VDC?

Either way I would jump on one of those if it ever came to the US. :)

cheers

Nick

Yes to Si Drive but no to VDC - the Spec B here doesn't come with VDC but VDC is std on the normal GT(which is available only in auto).

Bleh...I'll keep my modded 05 non-limited GT FTW!

It's nice, but with no REAL increase in HP...It's really just another (overpriced) pretty face and some badge engineering.

Anything touting the almighty "STI" badge better have at LEAST 300hp to back it up...especially for that much $$$.

If it ever makes it here, my next car will hopefully be something like this

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/M/mitsubishi/evo/03-large/evo-x-f3q-a.jpg

SOA are you listening???

the dollar/yen comparison is why we don't / won't have one of these for a while.

Until the dollar is back on top, and China's economic games are put to a stop, we'll be in this position for a while.

Awesome looking car though.

dR

the dollar/yen comparison is why we don't / won't have one of these for a while.

dR

I would agree that part of it is econmical, but a lot of it is also the fact that Subaru doesn't think the demand is there for it. They feel that anyone that wants a sportier LGT would be satisfied with the spec B and that's enough. They also probably didn't want a car in their own line up to compete againist the Wrx Sti. They should have gotten a clue that an up scale performance car is exactly what subie people are wanting by how fast they sold out of the Sti Limited's. Hell I wanted one cause they got rid of all the boy racer stuff and made it more up scale.

I'll just say it. Australia sucks and is somehow a "bigger" market than the US market?

Australian's on average have better taste in cars, that's why we get all the good Libertys (I mean Legacys) :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
picked MY07 Libert GT SPEC B STI in Black w/ Gunmetal Rims on Friday, trades MY06 WRX STI which was stage 2. All I can say is damn what a great car and it is a step up overall no question in my mind. Yes you could try and piece this together on a std GT Spec B but you would not get the same car imo. Si-drive is amazing and dash controls and steering wheel controls could not be replicated easily. It rocks and I love being both an american and australian for the record !!

Guest Gitster
suby is made in Japan mate!

Hehe, I think he actually meant American Cars, Ford Falcon for example. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Gitster
Aren't LGTs/Libertys made in Indiana next to Camrys now? Maybe not the Sti versions, but I would guess the spec B's are.

YES, but that doesnt make them American cars !! FHI is a Japanese Company. Those are only for the US and maybe Canada.

Also, the car they get in Australia and Japan are made in Japan I believe, yes/no ??

Archived