LegacyGT.com

Australia to get Liberty tuned by STi

msb175

YES, but that doesnt make them American cars !! FHI is a Japanese Company. Those are only for the US and maybe Canada.

Also, the car they get in Australia and Japan are made in Japan I believe, yes/no ??

You are correct mate. My car was made in Japan as GT Spec B then handed over to STI for tuning and modifications.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think i would rather have a regular lgt or spec b and just add the sti parts you want and the better performance parts, rebadge it and yur set and def have more than 260hp... just my opinion

I believe theirs is a 2.0L were North America gets a 2.5L. Right away we get the bigger engine. That and they would have a hard time selling a more expensive version then a spec B that only has 10 more horsepower.

I believe theirs is a 2.0L were North America gets a 2.5L. Right away we get the bigger engine. That and they would have a hard time selling a more expensive version then a spec B that only has 10 more horsepower.

You believe or have been informed wrong mate, Australia get the 2.5 ltr engine too! It's not just about the supposed increase 10 kw (not HP) and remember this at the fly not the wheel. The tuned by sti ecu has been tested and tuned for Australian conditions as opposed to Japan, USA, etc. The same goes for the suspension.

If you start trying to buy the exact parts from STI and bolting them on your Spec B you will find the cost will beat you!! Trust me because the exercise has been calculated several times by other Spec B owners here in Australia. Try pricing the items such as the brembos with s/s brake lines, enkei wheels wrapped in Pirelli tires, leather sti seats, front and rear lip, etc...

Hi I'm new here, but just completed purchase of my new GT tuned by STi - I test drove both the STi and the normal spec B while at the dealership; there is definitely a difference in the handling and power of both cars. The tuned by STi is meaner off the lights... having traded in a MY03 WRX Hatch, I found the power a bit of a let down in comparison, but hey, wife wanted a family car and this was my answer heh heh ...

Pictures at:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5908&id=529817820

BTW re: pricing, all up on road it was just over 70k. But I got some options, tinted front glass, tow bar, and 5 year warranty... so its not too bad a deal at all :)

Hi I'm new here, but just completed purchase of my new GT tuned by STi - I test drove both the STi and the normal spec B while at the dealership; there is definitely a difference in the handling and power of both cars. The tuned by STi is meaner off the lights... having traded in a MY03 WRX Hatch, I found the power a bit of a let down in comparison, but hey, wife wanted a family car and this was my answer heh heh ...

Pictures at:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5908&id=529817820

BTW re: pricing, all up on road it was just over 70k. But I got some options, tinted front glass, tow bar, and 5 year warranty... so its not too bad a deal at all :)

welcome aboard mate, what number are you? I am 136 / 300. Tried to look at pics link but it asks for login. try using photobucket or the like maybe?

$64,000 CDN dollars or $$60,000 USD; that's just plain F$%@*D!!! Sure it's a REALLY nice vehicle but there is a serious problem here.

Pricing discrepancies between markets is simply insane and specifically in Canada where just across the border in the US a Legacy GT can be picked up for under $30K USD where it actually STARTS at around $40K CDN dollars for the equivalent model. And there's no duty if you take one across the border because it's built in the US and North America is a (relatively) free trade zone.

Maybe we need to ship some down to Australia!

$64,000 CDN dollars or $$60,000 USD; that's just plain F$%@*D!!! Sure it's a REALLY nice vehicle but there is a serious problem here.

Pricing discrepancies between markets is simply insane and specifically in Canada where just across the border in the US a Legacy GT can be picked up for under $30K USD where it actually STARTS at around $40K CDN dollars for the equivalent model. And there's no duty if you take one across the border because it's built in the US and North America is a (relatively) free trade zone.

Maybe we need to ship some down to Australia!

I have had this discussion with members on www.iwsti.com and tried to get them to understand a couple of simple issues when comparing AUS$ vs US$ vs Can$ see post #85 for summary from one of my canadian friends http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83152&page=5

The fundamental issue is whats the average salary in each country, here in Australia we have a booming economy and salaries offered by employers have just exploded. It's nothing for a 22 year old to earn AUS$100,000 pa for working in the mining industry as a tradesman, engineer or miner!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you Aussies have a cool car now! 70K is a real nip in the wallet, but same for any new car, I guess. I know a lot of car pricing has to do with the Gov't of the country you live in. Many countries have effective taxes that influence the price but don't show in the sticker. Gov't puts fees on the Manufacturer for lots of things... safety, smog, gas guzzler, carbon tax :lol:, to name a few. Don't know specifically about Australia's import/export fees/levies/tariffs/taxes - but I would bet my socks that is a major part of the price difference.

Guess I'll show the OP to the Captain - she thinks 32K for my Spec.B was waaay to much to pay for a car :lol:

See what a Great Deal I got, Honey? :wub:

• 2 months later...
You're awesome. Thanks.........or I could just go to Australia and steal your wheels

:lol::lol::lol:

wait a sec......I'll just take the entire car.

As Bob Barker says: Come on down!

Still have not had call from Suby dealership to say that the inserts have arrived. I will call them tomorrow and chase up for you!

cheers Dave

As Bob Barker says: Come on down!

Still have not had call from Suby dealership to say that the inserts have arrived. I will call them tomorrow and chase up for you!

cheers Dave

Unfortunately from what I've been hearing from a guy that just got the inserts is that they don't fit the US bumpers even with some modification. One guy so far had tried with no luck.

Archived