LegacyGT.com

Australia to get Liberty tuned by STi

msb175

So you dont think they wll bring the auto transmission here with it....b/c that y didnt want the Spec B.....I was hoping that the "tuned by STI" legacy would come with an optional auto...like it says

(I live in a very high traffic area...stick would be no good here)

STi doesnt belong in auto form. Spec B. does, but not STi.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they do bring that car here, price on it would be so high that it would have trouble competing on the market.

And of course this forum would swell with whining and criticism.

Still the best way to go is to get regular GT, spent $2,500- $4,00 on upgrades and have faster car for less.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/darknightohio/LibertySTicopy.jpg

The limited edition Liberty GT tuned by STI

The limited edition Liberty GT spec.B tuned by STI

ARRIVING early APRIL.

Bred for performance, the stunning Liberty GT spec.B is now tuned by STI for even more exhilaration.

Harnessed beneath the bonnet lies the power of a turbo-charged Boxer engine enhanced by STI to a heart-pounding 194kW. Handling is razor sharp thanks to STI tuned sports suspension and an STI aerodynamics package. Furthermore, low profile Pirelli Rosso tyres and All-Wheel Drive ensure it’s anchored to the asphalt.

This thoroughbred is dressed to thrill, sporting 12-spoke 18" STI alloys and dual STI twin pipe mufflers, Brembo performance brakes and Limited Edition ‘tuned by STI’ badging. And the grooming continues inside, where black leather seats with STI stitching embellish an already luxurious interior.

If performance is your passion you’ll love the Subaru Liberty GT tuned by STI.

Available in Brilliant Silver or Obsidian Black Pearl,

Limited edition features:

Increased power now up to 194kW with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions

Increased torque for improved responsiveness through the rev range

18” STI ENKEI alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tyres

Enhanced STI aerodynamics package including STI front lip spoiler and rear spoiler

Limited edition badges with STI insignia, on engine cover and boot lid

Manual transmission vehicles feature an STI short shift gear lever, for smooth, crisp gear changes

Automatic transmission vehicles have a revised Transmission Control Unit (TCU) for a faster and sportier shift program

Dual low back-pressure STI twin tip mufflers for a throaty exhaust note

STI Brembo performance brakes upgrade including STI stainless mesh brake hoses

Sporty black Alcantara/leather with embroidered STI stitching interior trim with red luminescent instrument cluster

Increased power now up to 194kW (260 hp) with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions

Pricing

Sedan

6 speed manual $65,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

5 speed ^SPORTSHIFT auto $65,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

Wagon

6 speed manual $67,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

5 speed ^SPORTSHIFT auto $67,990RRP1 plus dealer delivery and statutory charges are additional2

This heart pounding thoroughbred is limited to only 300 limited edition vehicles.

Sporting the same grille as the US spec Legacy, I hope it comes to the US.

So wait...im no expert...but doesnt that mean it comes w/ an automatic option???

sorry not im not being sarcastic....im just trying to figure it out

Even if they do bring that car here, price on it would be so high that it would have trouble competing on the market.

And of course this forum would swell with whining and criticism.

Still the best way to go is to get regular GT, spent $2,500- $4,00 on upgrades and have faster car for less.

I think thats most likely what i will do....i dont think i want to wait til mid year just to be disappointed

So therefore AMG mercs should all be manual gearboxes?

Australia seems to think that the STi should have an Auto option...

1. Different customer base.

2. They dont offer any Manual transmission options, therefore if/when I have that kind of money, Ill go BMW instead of Mercedes.

An SMG option might be acceptable, but I would never want to see an STi with a 5EAT. I like what Subaru has done with the WRX. You want an auto, then you have to get the Limited package. But, I still hate to see that car in a 4EAT.

after seeing the abonination of a car that is the '08 Impreza (on this forum) I think if Subaru doesn't bring out a "STI" version of the Legacy I'm done with Subaru. They just have their heads to far up their asses to know what it smells like or tastes like.

after seeing the abonination of a car that is the '08 Impreza (on this forum) I think if Subaru doesn't bring out a "STI" version of the Legacy I'm done with Subaru. They just have their heads to far up their asses to know what it smells like or tastes like.

Im waiting for them to go out of business. If the new Impreza really does look like a Kia, well eww. End of that car. Ugly Tribeca. Unexciting Legacy. Cant survive off of just Outbacks and Forresters.

Im waiting for them to go out of business. If the new Impreza really does look like a Kia, well eww. End of that car. Ugly Tribeca. Unexciting Legacy. Cant survive off of just Outbacks and Forresters.

yes I'll have either G35 coupe or a 335i/335xi coupe waiting to be purchased.

In the past few months I have gone from being a Subaru fanatic to thinking my next car will be a 335xi (should it become available) or some kind of Audi.

Subaru really does seem to be watering everything down, and not even improving the styling while doing so. Sad. Very sad.

I understand that the bulk of Subaru's sales prolly come from Outbacks but they seem to have SO MANY performance enthusiasts who are willing to sing their praises everywhere they go. And they have certainly sold a lot of WRXs.

No more LGT wagon.

Increasingly bloated/boring LGT.

Fugly WRX.

+__________

= Lost customers :(

That car is pure sex. Add a sports grille and the frontend would look even meaner :)

that horse to the right is pure sex. yee-haw. jk. agreed- just throw on a grill and there ya go. can't wait to see some Americans get there hands on those bumpers and such

can't wait to see some Americans get there hands on those bumpers and such

That will be quite an expensive conversion i think - you will need the headlights, fenders, grill, lip and bumper. And if the mounts are different to the us spec cars then the mounts too!

While i'm happy we'er getting this car, i think its priced quite high for our market. That will cost around A$70,000 on the road.

Cool that they offer an STi wagon.

In US$ the Aussie Soob converts to nearly $55k. That is pricier than an S4! Way too much for only 260 hp, methinks...

I would say this car ought to be priced around $40k (USD) to make sense to me.

But I agree, SOA is lame! Why do they take a great car and water it down?

But hey, even the General has to go to Holden in OZ to get a decent RWD platform (except for the Corvette of course). What is it with US base car companies?

It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to get most of the goodness of the Sti in the Legacy. Motor,trans,suspension bits,styling bits. Just axe everyone involved with decision making at SOA, and get some folks with some real guts, and we will get the products we want and deserve. I agree that because of the pansies at SOA, cars like Mazda are steadily getting my attention more and more.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Are most or all of those tuned by STi modifications available for the USDM '08s LGT's via aftermarket?

I have those parts on my LGT.

Beat the Austrailians to it! Na na boo boo. Stick your head in xoo xoo.

Same suspension, same wheels, IMO better looking brakes, STi front lip (check) SPT intake and exhaust. STi badging. AVO420 turbo, etc.....I think mine is better!

www.japanparts.com

rallitec

AVO

Crucial

F1 brakes

Yokohamas

and REAL STi parts from japan

allshock for the bilstiens

it can be done.

Tighten up the sloppy LCA bushings (replace)

braces

Building your own is half the fun. You want someone to do it for ya? You'd just start replacing parts anyway, no matter how they made it. Trust me. I've wasted ALOT on cars.

Archived