LegacyGT.com

Painted brake calipers w/ Subaru logo

John M

I am too going to paint my calipers blue but I am also going to put two racing stripes down the center thats gonna looks awsome when Im done. If you are lookin for decals or caliper paint try ebay....I found all I need for cheap, plus all these users are offeringnfree shipping with G2 caliper paint of any color. I will post pics of the finished product when the striping and the painting of the calipers are done...just imagine...metallic red paint with two white 6'' racing stripes down the center of the car....two words....wicked sweet. :cool:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope it's okay to say this here... We stock brake caliper paint kits that work really well. They come with a two-part epoxy-type paint that's very hard and durable, mixing cup, stir stick, brush, everything you need. We've painted calipers on a bunch of our shop cars. It's fun and easy. We get good results by applying two coats to each caliper. [url=http://www.fastwrx.com/brakcalpaink.html]Brake caliper paint kit[/url] Click the link above to check it out. One tip: Once you mix up the epoxy paint, use it! One customer called to buy a new kit after he mixed it up then decided to paint with it the following morning. Of course, by then the expoxy had totally set up and he had a solid block of red with a stick in it. --Dan Mach V [url=www.fastwrx.com]FastWRX.com[/url]

Dan - How long do you have to work with the paint? I want to do a two-layer application on the front calipers of two cars, so I would need a silver and black kit (black calipers and silver logos). I have used G2 before, but had time to let the car site before the next coat.

[quote name='Patagonian GT']Dan - How long do you have to work with the paint?[/QUOTE] At least an hour, maybe a bit more. I just know that eight hours is too long to wait! For doing two different colors I would apply the first, let the car sit for at least a day or so for the first application to harden and cure, and then apply the second coat. --Dan Mach V [url=www.fastwrx.com]FastWRX.com[/url]

[quote name='Mach V Dan']We get good results by applying two coats to each caliper. [/QUOTE] [font='Times New Roman']Does this mean I need two kits if I want to let it dry a day? Or can I mix up ½ the kit one day then the rest the following day? Does the kit contain enough to paint 4 calipers twice? [/font]

If I remember right, there is enough for three coats. Good luck getting three done in an hour though. I am interested about doing 1/2 batches. Seems like you could, as long as you get the proper amount of reagent in the mix.

[quote name='rclark0032'][font=Times New Roman]Does this mean I need two kits if I want to let it dry a day? Or can I mix up ½ the kit one day then the rest the following day? Does the kit contain enough to paint 4 calipers twice? [/font][/QUOTE] You could certainly do this, but it seems like a lot of trouble. What I meant about the two colors was: Say you're trying to do a silver logo and a red caliper. Assuming you're using the masking technique above, you paint the calipers silver (two coats) on one day. Give it a day to completely harden. Then mask, and paint them red the following day. Remove your masking and you are done. Note that the epoxy-type paint gets thicker and gooier as it cures. I'm not sure how easy it would be to peel up the masking, compared with normal paint. When it is completely hardened you might not be able to peel it up at all. I wouldn't bother with two colors of epoxy paint. I'd probably just paint 'em, then put a vinyl decal on the caliper and call it a day. If you guys want a "Subaru" decal appropriately sized for that, I can have some made. --Dan Mach V [url=www.fastwrx.com]FastWRX.com[/url]

[quote name='Mach V Dan']I'd probably just paint 'em, then put a vinyl decal on the caliper and call it a day. If you guys want a "Subaru" decal appropriately sized for that, I can have some made. [url=www.fastwrx.com]FastWRX.com[/url][/QUOTE] Vinyl applique on a brake component?? Seems like a recipe for melted goo, but maybe it works. I was thinking about stencils from Flip: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=7945677509&category=50447[/url] I traded emails with him about making one for the MINI we have as well.....sent him EPS files for the logo. Dan - Do you have a better solution?? I would rather deal with someone local anyways..... -Dan

[quote name='John M']Did you notice those are my pics in that ad? I asked him to make those stickers for me to use as brake stencils.[/QUOTE] Yes.....I got the link from your post. [/patontheback] :lol:

[quote name='Mach V Dan'] One tip: Once you mix up the epoxy paint, use it! One customer called to buy a new kit after he mixed it up then decided to paint with it the following morning. Of course, by then the expoxy had totally set up and he had a solid block of red with a stick in it. [/QUOTE] Must of been special ed.

after reading this thread and following the link to ebay to purchase the subaru brake caliper stencil... i bought the item. i payed for the stencil. 3-4 days later i get an email saying it has been dispatched. all sounds good... til the day after i get a letter from ebay saying that that guy who was selling it, his ebay account has been suspended. so he has done something bad for that to happen. its just on a week now and i have yet to recieve my stencils in the mail. i dont know if i got ripped or not. :mad:

The guy told me he was out of town until last week...I was working with him tot have some custom stencils cut. I have his email address in case you don't have it. PM me if you need it.

You didn't get ripped off - he did. I recieved this email today from John Lane, "the sticker guy". [quote] Dear Customers, Yesterday eBay advised me that my account had been compromised. Their response was to arbitrarily suspend my account and notify my customers that my account was suspended, not taking the time to explain as to why. Instead of suspending my logon, eBay took the draconian measure of destroying all of my auctions and my store inventory. After spending 3 hours trying to resolve this issue through eBay's 'Live Chat', which of course was down for an upgrade, and since eBay refuses to allow any live phone support, finally I was able to lift the suspension by changing my password. The damage however had already been done, not only to my store but my reputation. I can assure you that my account was suspended due to someone hacking into eBay's system and not because of anything I have done. I take security very seriously and have state of the art protections on this computer. So here is the deal. All orders made prior to eBay's suspension are still valid and will be shipped, now that I can access them. Any open bids were destroyed by eBay, you will have to bid again once I have rebuilt my store. I am changing the store address on eBay so that another attack does not affect me. The new address is: [url]http://stores.ebay.com/makemeastickercomflipmessaging[/url] I apologise for the inconvenience this episode has wrought upon you my customers. Contrary to the implication in the emails eBay sent out, I was not at fault here and I was not suspended for any impropriety on my part. This was an eBay security issue and has been resolved. Thank you for your understanding. John [/quote] You can email him at [email]sales@makemeasticker.com[/email] with order status questions. In all my dealings with him he has proven to be an honest, trustworthy vendor.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, I got that e-mail form him too- I've ordered from him before- he does nice work- sounds like Ebay bent him over.

ok that explains it ! poor bloke.. thats gotta piss u off. having to put all your products back on ebay .. takes agaes to do just one !! looking forward to getting this stencil.. and spraying my calipers a glossy black with silver subaru writing on it, i sprayed my hubs silver to match the rims.

[quote name='Gambler']ok that explains it ! poor bloke.. thats gotta piss u off. having to put all your products back on ebay .. takes agaes to do just one !! looking forward to getting this stencil.. and spraying my calipers a glossy black with silver subaru writing on it, i sprayed my hubs silver to match the rims.[/QUOTE] Since JM will do it anyways, call this a pre-emptive strike :lol: : [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B][SIZE=4]TTIWWOP!![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Seriously....I am about to do this myself and would like to see how it looks. I am doing the same color combo.

Archived