LegacyGT.com

Help on Control Arm Replacement

praedet

Just take out that horizontal bolt above the ball joint and the arm will just fall away. No banging, just pull down. You are just trying to change the LCA bushing and remove the LCA right? I did my superpro bushing and had no drama.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

yeah, why didn't I think of that :lol:

Well, I got a pickle fork kit from the Advance Auto Parts store near by, and so far no go...

None of the forks are large enough for our joint. I am about to put it back together. Any other thoughts?

Ted

:spin:

I have new control arms to put in w/ new ball joints. I removed the bolt that holds the ball joint to the knuckle, but the ball joint is still stuck in the knuckle. I am trying to separate them...

How about use the one on you car and keep the one on your contol arm now as a spare? If no you will need that puller someone posted earlier.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

It should pop out easily from the spindle, but sometimes you need a little moderate tapping with a rubber mallet. Hit it with a little PB Blaster, hammer away and it'll pop out. You do NOT pull the ball joint from the lower control arm, it stays attached to the arm and pulls away from the spindle.

I am not trying to remove it from the control arm, just remove the control arm from the car. Paul, I tried a lot of hitting, everywhere I could :lol:

No luck even w/ white lithium at times and PB blaster at other times.

Folks, I am doing this because I have Aluminum SpecB control arms w/ the SuperPro bushings waiting to go in. The stock arms must be removed first... :lol:

Ted

Okay, so the new control arms are on... :D

For some reason, the knuckle that the ball joint goes into was VERY rusted, so we had to remove the ball joint from the control arm, and then use a ball-joint puller to pull it out of the knuckle. The arms are on, but...

Next problem :(

Archived